Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Some laugh... "Tell me your best, strangest, incredible buyl!"

there was a Creed sale in one of the perfume stores in Moscow, everything was for 50 bucks - Epicea 75 ml, Fleurissimo 75 ml,
    Silver Mountain Water 75 ml, shower gels, soaps etc. and few flacons. I bought my mother a flacon (250 ml) of Angelique Encens for 50 USD.

Only free samples of about 5 ml each of all clive Christian line including #1 after a good purchase from NM

- - - Updated - - -

Only free samples of about 5 ml each of all clive Christian line including #1 after a good purchase from NM

Basenotes Plus

Well, let's just say that I received very nice gifts from a fellow Basenoter multiple times, for example he sent me the following for free:

A bottle of Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur and a 30ml decant of Pure Coffee.

Sometimes, ppl of Basenotes really make the community worthwhile, now I try to give back to this community as much as I can.
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Cool story! What's the fragrance?!

I've done alot of good deals on various flea markets. The best one ever, was this old man with a big box full of old perfumes. Most of the visible ones were Yves Rocher kinda things. But I dug deeper, and what I found was beyond believe. A sealed 1970's Dioressence, parfum, a half full Miss Dior, parfum - both 7,5ml, a sealed 30ml Miss Dior, Esprit de bloody Parfum ... I mean, come on! Who sells things like that so nonchelantly? And cheap as trash at that, 'cause when I asked what he wanted for his perfumes, he answered 10 kroner/$2 a pop. OMG! Trying not to look too excited I kept diggin' and found several goodies.
    The poor bastard didn't have a clue what the hell he was selling. Probably his late mothers stash. Who knows?!
    Amazing! I didnt get quite that deal, but I got a boxed and sealed in the wrap bottle of Egoiste Concentree among a few others, nothing I bought was more than $40 it was the same nonchelantly sold, it was just the same as any bottle that was there, just price as marked, take it or leave it.

Blog Entries

My luck with fragrance deals is mainly small deals.. like I said in a previous post retail is for suckers, I once added up what I had paid for my collection, and what retail would have cost me and I paid less than 50% or retail on average.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Andrè Moreau View Post
    Okay, this is my 400th post on Basenotes, so let's have some fun!

What was your biggest deal, bargain ...or almost-a-steal, in perfumery?

Here's mine:
    - Flea Market: old pins, brooches, rings, necklaces....and a vintage 100 ml "brown bottle" full (full!) YSL M7 for 8 euro (10 dollars), batch 2323 (year 2002), without box, the seller didn't even understand what was "that strange rectangular bottle". One of the most unbelievable moments in my life. Eight euros....

- Garage sale: various anonimous bottles literally "jettisoned over a table"..... a quick search....Yves Saint Laurent "Opium pour Homme" Eau de Parfum (Eau de Parfum!)....full. "How much for this bottle, sir?" "Huh...five euros, okay?" "Ok, Sir, gone!! and if you want it, I offer you a coffee too"
    Five euros (seven dollars) for an ultra powerhouse /rare / incredible amber vibed / hard to find scent. I still can't believe it.

- Perfumery shop with an apparently almost 100-years old lady... dusty shelves... and a single bottle of vintage "Caractère" by Daniel Hechter on the shelf.
    Vintage. Caractère. 100 ml. Splash bottle. Still sealed.
    A Caractère vintage bottle. The "Monument to Castoreum" right in front of me. For me, time stops in that moment...
    "How much, my dear Lady?"
    "Huh.. oh...er....ehm... it's the last bottle....12 euros, allright?"
    "Allright!"

-Arabian shop in Italy, "All you need for 1 euro" style... other that you need for bathroom, garden and kitchen, there is a little shelf with some outdated perfumes.
    "Parfumes for 1 euro, too?" I ask smiling. "No sir, perfumes are for 10-15-20 euros" ....a quick search.... a splash bottle of Kouros vintage.... checking the batch code: year 1994. "Ok, how much this old bottle?" "15 euro and it's gone!" "Ok, since you are a nice guy, I'll give you 15 euros!"

...and finally the most absurd of all.
    Another Flea Market. A closet full with miniatures: "Two euro each" - Huh, let me see....
    1) Derby by Guerlain, EDT, 7.5 ml
    2) Jean Patou pour Homme, EDT, 10 ml
    3) Cool Water by Davidoff original , EDT 5 ml
    4) Jules by Christian Dior, EDT, 9 ml
    5) Habit Rouge by Guerlain (square bottle), 5 ml.
    total?
    "10 euros, Sir"
    ....and I came back home bringing the packet with two hands!!
    Anything stories I could tell would pale into insignificance compared to this.
    Congratulations ..

- two bottles of Je Reviens around 8-10$ per bottles, thus totaling to about 18-20$, in a local drugstore, discounted by 50%

- a 4711 gift set in the Douglas store on the Kärntner Straße in Vienna, under 10 Euros

- Je Reviens again, this time as a gift set, for about 20$ or around 15 Euros

- not one, but two bottles of Marbert Homme, at around 6-7 Euros per 75 ml bottles (discounted during sales at Karstadt)

- again from Karstadt, this time a Roberto Capucci pour Homme gift set, containing a 100 ml EDT, an EDT miniature and a tube of shower gel, at around 10-12 Euros

One of them was Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver 100ml tester, bought for £50 instead of £99.