Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Girlfriend's Favorite

1) Hanae Mori Hm ( she loves this and won't leave me alone when I wear it) lol
    2) Silver Mountain Water
    3) Millesime Imperial ( first time I wore it she was like
    4) Allure Homme Sport
    5) Nautica Voyage (this stuff was dirt cheap and she likes) lol

My wife really likes L'eau d' issey and Terre de Hermes, neither of which I own anymore, lol! In general she likes reserved fresh scents. Which is the opposite of 75 percent of my collection.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

In my totally subjective experience, another wrinkle is that my girlfriends have enjoyed scents like New Haarlem, Chergui, and Dior Homme more when at the outset when we started dating, but after a while seemed to switch and prefer the fresher aquatics like MI and Neroli Portofino.

But, really, every woman is different. Big surprise, I know.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

1. Habit Rouge edp
    2. égoïste cologne concentrée
    3. slumberhouse jeke
    4. slumberhouse sova
    5. dior homme intense

god i love my wife, she has good taste!

Re: scents that ARE NOT my wife's favorite, of Red Vetyver by Montale she said, "Not my favorite..." Translated: Yeah, I'm not into that at all

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    god i love my wife, she has good taste!
    That's AWESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bleedredandblue View Post
    Re: scents that ARE NOT my wife's favorite, of Red Vetyver by Montale she said, "Not my favorite..." Translated: Yeah, I'm not into that at all
    ...and THAT? ...not so awesome... but we've all been there
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

...and THAT? ...not so awesome... but we've all been there
    Haha, so true! I think my wife generally falls in the camp @DaveStPaul mentioned above - just doesn't much notice/care. She's great and will totally humor me if I ask for her opinion, but she just doesn't seem to notice. Of course, she also NEVER wears fragrances herself, so this isn't surprising.

1.) Dior Homme Intense
    2.) Blue Sugar Man
    3.) Cartier D'Un Soir
    4.) Blvgari Pour Homme Soir
    5.) A*Men Pure Cuir

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumier's Dzing! and Slumberhouse's Sova.

She likes a few others, too, but those are the ones that she absolutely adores.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    She must love wood.
    I guess most straight/bi girlfriends do
    - Mark

ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE! ÉGOÏSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Bond 9 riverside drive. She's always stealing it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

I'm single now but my recent x loved

Aventus
    Tobacco Vanille
    Dior Homme Intense

Neroli Portifino.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Neroli Portifino.
    I hear that!!!

Patchouli 24
    Nostalgia
    Tuberose Criminelle
    Fetish pour Homme Parfum extract

Clearly she likes powerhouses on me.

Hadoken.

- - - Updated - - -

Patchouli 24
    Nostalgia
    Tuberose Criminelle
    Fetish pour Homme Parfum extract

Clearly she likes powerhouses on me.

Hadoken.

for swap/sale:

when I get one I'll tell you, until then I'm gonna try to get over how lonely this post makes me feel lol

Quote Originally Posted by MilanMan View Post
    when I get one I'll tell you, until then I'm gonna try to get over how lonely this post makes me feel lol
    keep the faith, brother! loneliness sucks, but when the right lady comes along, it makes it worth the wait!

My wife's favourite on me is Tobacco Vanille.

The only one she makes unprompted () positive comments on is Boss Bottled. Occasionally Gucci pour homme, maybe.
    Last edited by Spoombung; 27th April 2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Do I need a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer121 View Post
    Guys, what are your girlfriends' favorite scents on you? I'm not talking about the fabled "panty-dropper," Just what the lady in your life likes you to smell like?

Green Irish Tweed and MI

My girls fav - Polo Blue.

My wife loves Angel on me. I have A*Men and the flankers but this one appeals to her the most when I wear it. She says it reminds her of fresh laundry.
    Guys don't be hesitant to wear it. Light on the trigger and your skin chemistry will do the rest and put your own individual stamp on it. It's blended so well and there are a lot of notes to work with. Very interesting juice

As well, she adores Guerlain Vetiver. She says its comforting

possible updates to that top 5,

1.Pure Havane-Thierry Muglier
    2.Black Aoud-Montale
    3.Armani Black Code
    4.Fierce-A&F
    5.Le Nuit Del'Homme

Unfortunately the casualty from the top 5 was GIT, and not Fierce, but the additions of Black Aoud and Pure Havane (two of my new favorites) make me happy.

:'(
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Keep your chin up, my friend. Women always seem to appreciate a well groomed gentleman. But, yeah, I know that lots of us can totally relate to how you feel.

Yatagan, Eucris.

Givenchy Gentleman.

Keep your chin up, my friend. Women always seem to appreciate a well groomed gentleman. But, yeah, I know that lots of us can totally relate to how you feel.
    Thanks man, you're right, you can never go wrong with being well groomed, not to mention the right frag can have a killer effect.

keep the faith, brother! loneliness sucks, but when the right lady comes along, it makes it worth the wait!
    No truer words spoken. After divorcing my wife four years ago, i was a pretty lonely and sad person until i recently met a wonderful lady, all when i least expected it.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

thanks dude, she'll definitely come along. Until then I'm just gonna turn these feelings into something useful and try to improve myself!

GIT and Molecule 01
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

thanks dude, she'll definitely come along. Until then I'm just gonna turn these feelings into something useful and try to improve myself!
    Well said, man. And you're gonna smell good doing it!

No lady at present but in recent times common favourable scents have included Pure Malt (big reactions on this one), Musc Raveguer and for occasions the chocolate+rose of Tom Ford NdN has been a huge hit.

IB and GIT have also been popular but more day to day with honourable mentions to Jubilation XXV and B2B on more formal occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    In my totally subjective experience, another wrinkle is that my girlfriends have enjoyed scents like New Haarlem, Chergui, and Dior Homme more when at the outset when we started dating, but after a while seemed to switch and prefer the fresher aquatics like MI and Neroli Portofino.

But, really, every woman is different. Big surprise, I know.
    I agree every person is different but I too have noticed this with a long term r/s, I haven't come to any solid conclusions but I think PM, DHI etc have a sexy animalistic side that fits in well with when you are dating/seeing someone new. Overtime once you become familar that sort of fades etc. Ah could probably read more into it but eh could be seasonal for all I know.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Don't worry about it. If you stay single your pockets will jingle.

My wife loves (and wears a lot):
    Sycomore (her favorite)
    Terre d'Hermès
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Guerlain Homme/L'Eau
    Lalique Encre Noire
    Love & Luck
    Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
    Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme
    Molecule 01

My ex's favourite was Infusion d'Homme.

The current, plutonic, female friend likes: GIT, Rive Gauche, Esencia and most classic masculines.
    Anything remotely sweet or unisex gets her disapproval.

Lucky for me, my gf likes all of my frags but her favs are probably - Gucci PH2 - Dior Homme Sport - Dior Homme Intense - YSL L'homme - New Haarlem

My girl loves when I wear Black Afgano. She even got me a 2nd bottle for Christmas, then a month later she had moved it to her vanity and wears it all the time now (and it smells incredible on her)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Post Re: Girlfriend's Favorite

An ex gf loved Armani Eau pour Homme on me. We broke up and the fragrance got reformulated. Good runs had to end sometimes I guess.

My spouse found these scents 'sexy' on me:

Penhaligon's Sartorial
    Montale Musk to Musk
    HdP Tubereuse Capricieuse

And gave me (unsolicited) thumbs up for:

Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    Original Vetiver
    Memoir Man
    Grey Flannel
    Ambre 114
    Endymion
    Les Heures Fougueuse

She stopped buying fragrances too!

Basenotes Junkie

My wife likes all my fragrances...otherwise I wouldn't own the ones that I do...but she melts when I wear New Haarlem. She loves the stuff!!

First, an on topic comment before I go off on a tangent: I think it's so much fun to figure out a woman's taste and try to temp her senses with a scent. I love it when I notice trends. I had a 1st date recently who complimented me on L'Air du Desert Marocain. Normally, I wouldn't wear LDDM on a first date, but I already knew she loves middle eastern food. And sure enough, she loved LDDM. On the other end of the spectrum, I've found that women who love desert never fail to enjoy Hanae Mori HM.

I know this is off topic, but I just have to say, dude, that's AWESOME. Totally the right attitude. Absofrigginlutely. Years ago, I moved across the country, partly to rekindle an old flame relationship, but it crashed & burned in about a month. OOPS! I was single in a new city, so I figured it made sense to use it as a reason to REALLY start over. I looked at everything from my furniture to my clothes to my hobbies, habits and everything in-between, and I started making changes. I didn't try to tackle everything at once. I made a list and one by one, I made tons of changes. Some were little things, like, I stopped using paper towels and replaced them with cloth napkins. Other changes were big, like, I saved up and bought myself a damn nice bed, a leather couch and cool black & white art for the walls. And I started focussing on my hobbies (writing and photography). As I made all of those changes, I became a happier man, partly because I became more 'ME'. And I became more proud of my home. Even though it's just an apartment, it's definitely a place that feels like ME.

Perfume plays a role too (getting back on topic since this is a perfume forum). Years ago, I wanted cologne that would make me smell attractive to women. But that can come off like trying too hard. These days, I focus on finding scents that I love that also fit my personality.

All of these things came together and made me, as a friend put it, more of a catch. I'm still a work in progress of course, as are we all, right? I think it's amazing to look back and realize how much easier it was to get dates after I made those changes than it was before I made them. I look better, I smell better, I feel better, I'm happier and even though I live in a similar apartment, it's so much better of a place to bring a date back to. My place now has style ... and isn't that part of the reason we wear fragrances? Style?

Anyway... I ended up rambling (sorry!) but I just wanted to say that you're 100000000% on the right track with an attitude like that. Rock on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    An ex gf loved Armani Eau pour Homme on me. We broke up and the fragrance got reformulated. Good runs had to end sometimes I guess.
    AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! That's HILARIOUS!

Its a tie between YSL L'Homme and Creed Silver Mountain Water. I think she prefers L'Homme it was a scent I wore when we were first dating. So I not only have that exact bottle but now I have a back up just in case!
    Live Aloha! Live Da HIlife!

I'm noticing a few comments about wives and girlfriends wearing your scents. That's awesome.

I think my wife would smell great in TdH and CdG 2 Man, as well as some of my softer unisex scents like CdG 2 and Silver Mountain water, but I guess that's for another thread.

APOM pour Homme
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Live Jazz and Rochas Man

Burberry London
    TdH

She also purchased

Light Blue PH and Gucci bu Gucci for me but I stopped wearing them over a year ago. I don't mind them like some do, I just don't like them enough where I want to wear them.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

She would want me to wear gourmands (which i don't do except Rochas Man.) . Of those i do wear she likes most Drakkar Noir and second best is Rochas Macassar. Of Eau de Rochas Pour Homme that's one of my most liked frags, she don't like... "Too sharp citrus".. Oh well.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Out of my 40 or so Frags, Pure Havane is my wife's favourite

First, an on topic comment before I go off on a tangent: I think it's so much fun to figure out a woman's taste and try to temp her senses with a scent. I love it when I notice trends. I had a 1st date recently who complimented me on L'Air du Desert Marocain. Normally, I wouldn't wear LDDM on a first date, but I already knew she loves middle eastern food. And sure enough, she loved LDDM. On the other end of the spectrum, I've found that women who love desert never fail to enjoy Hat working Mori HM.

I know this is off topic, but I just have to say, dude, that's AWESOME. Totally the right attitude. Absofrigginlutely. Years ago, I moved across the country, partly to rekindle an old flame relationship, but it crashed & burned in about a month. OOPS! I was single in a new city, so I figured it made sense to use it as a reason to REALLY start over. I looked at everything from my furniture to my clothes to my hobbies, habits and everything in-between, and I started making changes. I didn't try to tackle everything at once. I made a list and one by one, I made tons of changes. Some were little things, like, I stopped using paper towels and replaced them with cloth napkins. Other changes were big, like, I saved up and bought myself a damn nice bed, a leather couch and cool black & white art for the walls. And I started focussing on my hobbies (writing and photography). As I made all of those changes, I became a happier man, partly because I became more 'ME'. And I became more proud of my home. Even though it's just an apartment, it's definitely a place that feels like ME.

Perfume plays a role too (getting back on topic since this is a perfume forum). Years ago, I wanted cologne that would make me smell attractive to women. But that can come off like trying too hard. These days, I focus on finding scents that I love that also fit my personality.

All of these things came together and made me, as a friend put it, more of a catch. I'm still a work in progress of course, as are we all, right? I think it's amazing to look back and realize how much easier it was to get dates after I made those changes than it was before I made them. I look better, I smell better, I feel better, I'm happier and even though I live in a similar apartment, it's so much better of a place to bring a date back to. My place now has style ... and isn't that part of the reason we wear fragrances? Style?

Anyway... I ended up rambling (sorry!) but I just wanted to say that you're 100000000% on the right track with an attitude like that. Rock on!

- - - Updated - - -

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! That's HILARIOUS!
    Hey man, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I think your approach was 100% spot on, the more you think and act on your own terms, the happier you'll be. Also, it'll give you an opportunity to grow, most people are scared to buck the trend and be their own person, but if you do that all you'll get out of life is a shadow of who you are. I'm super happy for you and what you're accomplishing, most people don't get this far. As for me, after years of battling a powerful disease, ulcerative colitis, and recently undergoing two surgeries, I'm finally realizing health, although I'm still in recovery mode. I'm only a couple of months away, and like you probably thought to yourself after the relationship ended, I've already suffered enough from this, why let it continue to bother when I can move on. That's part of why I'm getting into fragrances, I always liked them but now I'm discovering there's a whole world to it, with a lot to learn, which is perfect. Anyways, rant over, thanks again for your thoughts, cheers.

Uomo Moschino by far, and I have wore Creeds, Serge Lutens, Amouage, nothing else impressed her
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Profumum Roma Arso
    Marc Jacobs Bang
    Hermes Voyage

Usually the more mainstream something is the more well liked it is.

I ALWAYS get compliments with Chanel AHS, Bleau de Chanel, 1 million, and fresh aquatics.

Most of what I love doesnt get the same love back. No one has ever enjoyed Tobacco Vanille on me

But I do get lots of love with Millisime Imperial. LDDM stands out in my mind as the only stink bomb that literally drove a girl away by ruining a dinner because the smell ruined the food.

Im also in my late 20's and date in the similar age range.

Santal Massoi, SDV, VIW get thumbs up.

I almost forgot Christian Dior Bois D'Argent is the overall winner.

By Man
    Aventus... no surprise
    Virgin Island Water.... she uses this a lot too
    Millisime Imperial
    Bleu de Chanel
    Escada Magnetism.... they had to have put some magic potion in this stuff

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

My girlfriend thinks la perla touch is absolutely delicious on me.

My wife would like me to smell like old fashioned turpentine and frankincense. Now, while I would do anything for her, including dabbing raw turps behind my ears if that's what she wanted, I'd prefer to find something a bit more... civilized. Still, after 20 years I've discovered that she's right about most things, so perhaps a turpentine/olibanum concoction is something I should check out...

Of what I own, she likes: Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, Invasion Barbare, Noir de Noir, Allure Homme Sport and Sel de Vetiver.

Sycomore

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    My date last night told me she could still smell me after getting home and taking off her clothes.

Was it my cologne or....me?
    yeahhh buddy

Wow i don't think mine has been mentioned. It's easily Rive Gauche by far. Followed by D&G pour homme and Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    Czech and Speake 88
    Azzaro Chrome Legend
    Nautica Voyage
    Aventus
    Pure Shot
    Reformulated Nautica Voyage or the old stuff? Or both?!