Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday, 26 April 2013

Good morning,

I finished up my small bottle of Habit Rouge EdC and decided it was too musty and old smelling for my liking and spritzed a couple of times the L'Extrait on top. The combination is gorgeous, but, boy, it got me noticed on my morning commute.
    However, now more than three hours into my wearing things have calmed down a bit and I am enjoying the perfect sillage for many hours now I figure - the advantage of overspraying...
    The TGIF celebrations that are also a welcome salute to a week off (the weather forecast is nice) will commence tonight with a splendid BBQ, Gewurztraminer wine from the Alsace and a warm evening outside.

Best to all

Default Re: SotD Friday, 26 April 2013

Mornings

Forgot to sync, wearing Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur (decant), definitely not a cheapy.

Will sync in the evening
    Last edited by Sapfir; 26th April 2013 at 08:05 AM.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

queen of the universe

Larimar, that sounds lovely! Here' winter coats are still in order some days. Synching with Carlos Santana for Women, which is at least tropical.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Grisens by Phaedon

Morning All,

TGIF! indeed
    Wearing a sample of Mark Buxton's Sexual Healing, which I grabbed last night.

Have a lovely Friday, everyone.

Public holiday here yesterday so took a day off and made it into a four day weekend . Perfect sunny 25C, so was out in the garden wearing Jardins de Kerylos.

Hello all. Crown Perfumery Eau de Russe.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. In synch with Mark Birley Charles Street (sample).

Sounds like an idyllic evening you have planned, Larimar - wine o'clock for me will be taking place in my Yorkshire homeland this evening. Off up to the village for a birthday bash, and then tramping around Bronte country in the morning (Timothy Taylors beers, G ). Back tomorrow evening - take care and enjoy your weekend, folks.

Good morning everyone.

Wearing Atelier Cologne - Vetiver Fatal.

Is it just me or do 200ml make you want to spray even more than usual?

It's apparently a cologne recipe but made in EDP strength .

We're having a frenzy of a weather forecast these days. It's 24 degrees, breezy and rainy today. We're in late April. It should be 35 degrees already.

Larimar, that combination sounds amazing.

Jon, love the motif.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

TGIF!!

Le Labo Rose 31 for me.

Have a lovely Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 26 April 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Invasion Barbare

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Tom Ford, Neroli Portofino

Blog Entries

Morning all!

No TGIF for me, as l'm back to work today for another eight-day stretch. But at least l had the best of the weather this week! lt's been raining here this morning, & there are signs of more to come. Cheering myself up with Narcisse Noir modern EDT.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Amouage Epic Man.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

after gym and shower:

Chanel 1932. (got a bunch of decants yesterday, want to try all now)))
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Hi Hedonist . So nice to see you.

Hurrah! Wine o'clock tonight! Something Tuscan maybe.

Wish I had some SJP Lovely for the synch but I don't. Must get some. I like it.

The wonderful Etro Patchouli for me today.

Yay TGIF! (Except for teardrop, I feel for you. 8 days, phew!) I need an actual weekend after spending last weekend pumping water from buildings. Wine o'clock sounds like a great idea, along with some lasagna experimenting Thank you all for your suggestions, I'm going to run some trials!

Evangeline, after reading your posts, I wish I could hop a plane and come down to experience your jazz fest. It sounds like a wonderful time!

Larimar, I imagine you smell fantastic!

Wearing Ramon Monegal's Ambre di Luna today. I'm still working my way through the sample pack. I was surprised by the powder in this one. It's striking me as a clean amber at the moment. I have to go check the thread and other reviews to see if I"m just cracked!

Love your drawing room, Larimar!!

Wearing Jimmi Choo today and what a weird day it has been
    weatherwise - I started off sunbathing and pegging out clothes
    to dry and then five minutes later we had hailstones!!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

............Bonjour Mesdames!

Blog Entries

Good morning all!

Having decanted a vial of Amouage Gold I decided to wear it as y SotD, since I already smelled of it.

Tom Ford White Suede

Good afternoon.

Exercises on cocoa and chili peppers,today.

SotD is L'Artisan Piment Brulant- last drops from an old and neglected bottle.

SotE will be Arquiste Anima Dulcis,for a romantic dinner out

Have a nice Friday
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Guerlain Vetiver

Hello, everyone!

Today's the real first day of Jazz Fest - the bands start playin' later this morning. We'll be heading out there a bit later, but we're having a few last minute guests (d'oh! ...I suppose we really should be used to by now ) so I've got a full day of errands, cleaning and cooking to get done before the fun. I'm starting off in vintage Givenchy III, 70s edt. Y'all have a great day!

Aaron Neville and Buckwheat Zydeco representin' 2013 in style -

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Friday everyone

Creed - Jardin d'Amalfi

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! Today is going to be warmer, it's to get up to 54F.

Not in sync this morning, trying a sample of Bond #9 Central Park South.

Have a great weekend!

Evangeline I am JEALOUS. PLease let me know if you happen to see Christian Scott in concert. I adore his music and blend perfumes to it often. Today I am in Incense Oudh (my own).
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Good morning good smelling people.

Smell Bent Debonair Eau Dandy. Got lime on my hands making ice tea this morning and this coordinated so very well.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Antaeus this morining
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

For my cheapie day, I have selected Avon Pink Suede. With a few negative reviews in the Directory, people do not pay attention or seek to test it. One review even mentions it was made for a "stupid, boring and cheap woman"! Sounds like me all right, sometimes.

Evangeline, whatchaol cooking for the guests? Have fun at the jazzfest.
    Jimmy, I will change into your Incense Oudh tonight, deal?
    Last edited by Twolf; 26th April 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Evangeline I am JEALOUS. PLease let me know if you happen to see Christian Scott in concert. I adore his music and blend perfumes to it often. Today I am in Incense Oudh (my own).
    I'm also a fan of his, wooznib - I recently posted some of his stuff in the music thread! I usually keep an eye out for word of his appearances as he tours a lot, but he doesn't play around here as much as he used to (he's actually at Jazz Standard in NYC tonight.) I've seen him a few times, but come to think of it, never at Jazz Fest. He's great - I'd imagine he inspires some smoooooooth blends.

Thanks Wolfie. I actually made a big ol' pot of gumbo yesterday so that's a good start, but I think I'll add some jambalaya and some spicy shrimp remoulade, along with green salads and fresh fruit ...maybe some cold-cuts and baguettes for po'boys ...basic stuff of the sort that out-of-towners expect. I haven't decided on a treat yet, possibly a good old pecan pie, maybe lemon meringue ...both, if I have the time. We probably won't spend a lot of time at home, but I'll be prepared for when we do.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hooray for Alsatian Gewürztraminer!

Hooray for Buckwheat Zydeco and Aaron Neville, too!

Hooray for Antaeus in the morning, Kbe!

It’s good so see you all in the SotD thread.

I’m joining the Guerlain wearers in Meteorites, from a decant sent by a fragrance friend. I wish I had bought a bottle of this when I had the chance. I love it. Maybe later I’ll sync in a cheapo. I sure have enough of them, lol!

We're gearing up for a busy – hopefully busy that is, keep your fingers crossed – weekend of getting out of the way so the realtors can show our house to potential buyers. I hope we unload it soon. I never liked this place and I will be glad to be free of it. That doesn't sound very nice (I know I should be thankful to have a roof at all, and I am), but I'm so ready to move on. I have a Buckwheat Zydeco cd somewhere. I think I'll play it while I do some house cleaning today.

Ladies and Gents, my cycling season 2013 is finally open starting today.

Before going on a 1st bike ride this year I wore Viktoria Minya Hedonist

And now I'm in M.Micallef Le Parfum Denis Durand Couture

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Evangeline I am JEALOUS.
    I second that comment. I've been in New Orleans few times and each time it's just wasn't enough.

Synching in Intuition by Estee Lauder, though technically it was more of a freebie than a cheapie (Wooznib ). It was among first of my real perfumes and many fond memories are attached to this one.

Ozjon701 So happy to see you here! I am jealous as well of your perfect weekend with a perfect weather. Enjoy!

Basenotes Institution

Not in sync - in:

L'Heure Vertueuse by Cartier (the last drops of my sample)

As soon as I can, I'm buying a bottle of this. For sure.

Larimar, the combo of HR EdC and L'Extrait is divine - I do it all of the time. I'm sure everyone on the morning commute loved it.
    lilybelle - get out of those Realtor's way! (giggle) Good luck sweetie.
    iodine - I love both of those scents. Maybe because of my Mexican heritage? Enjoy!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Tonight we are planning to take Mom and drive to see the Night Rainbow laser light sculpture that has been brought to the area to celebrate the 375th anniversary of the city of New Haven. This display has already been shown in other parts of the world.

The laser light is aimed westward from East Rock Park and will be visible for miles near the shoreline. Here is the website with photos:

http://nightrainbownewhaven.com/

Any BNers from Connecticut may want to take a drive to see it after dark. The last night is Saturday.

AHA! And I meant to tell you. I sampled Tom Ford Lys Fume yesterday and I had a wham, bam, whooosh, olfactory memory moment and I landed PLOP, back in the late 70's, early 80's and I was wearing Cacharel Anais Anais. I found it to be uncanilly like my memory of the original Anais Anais. Anyone else?

My goodness, Evangeline, are your guests ever lucky! All the food talk this week has me simultaneously dreaming of food and feverishly promising myself to exercise!

Finally, some spring-like weather is on tap for the weekend! 60s and 70s -- not warm enough for sunbathing but perfect for exercising outdoors!

I'm not in synch today; instead, I'm happily celebrating the warmer temperatures with Robert Piguet Mademoiselle Piguet. It's a warmly sugared orange blossom that's just so darn simple and *pretty* -- and neither of those adjectives are pejoratives when describing this fragrance (at least not IMO).

Happy Friday to all!

good evening everyone.

hi foustie!

lucky you Evangeline! I love jazz.

hi lilybelle

Will probably wear something fizzy this evening . I want to feel bubbly lol.

for swap/sale:

iodine, I'll join Mike in saying that you are gonna smell GREAT this evening Anima Dulcis is one of my absolute favs, although I get too much bell pepper as I recall from the L'Artisan. But chile and chocolate go harmoniously together in the Arquiste, and for some reason I view it as a sexy scent

Not in synch, going to join the sampling crew. I grabbed PG Bois Naufrage for this beautiful spring day. It is quiet, but nice. A creamy fig with wood that is less sharp than a few of the other fig options that I have tried. Like it!

`glad to hear you like it cello

Dior - Ambre Nuit

Yves Rocher ~ Comme une Evidence L'Eau

What I've Been Wearing:

SOTE
    ........Caldey Island Lavender

Concentre d'Orange Verte. Have a great weekend, everybody!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Hi, Hedonist!

I'm not sure whether anybody here knows who this is, but he died today.

^^^ One of the greatest country music artists that ever lived (George Jones).

R.I.P., Possum.

I'm wearing Violette in Love by Nicolai Parfums this afternoon. I'm really enjoying this one.

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Kewart, we had the weird hailstorm here this afternoon too, even though the sun was still shining!

Elizrj, thanks, & do report back on your lasagne experiments!

SOTE is Gigi by Ayala Moriel.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Went to the gym for lunch (boy, am I tired now!) and drained my sample (from 30 Roses) of:

Lavender by Woods of Windsor

Nice lavender. Doesn't ruffle any feathers, goes on easy-going and not too medicinal although it smells very 'natural'. One of the better 'affordable' lavenders. I can see why you like it 30R.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I couldn't decide what to wear and but lilybelle reminded me of violettes,
    so I am going to wear

Midnight Violet
    by Ava Luxe.

www.flickr.com/photos/orpinbleu

SOTA - Kenzo Jungle Tigre. It's my first encounter with this discontinued beaut and unfortunately, I am already enchanted. Peach, cinnamon, and some strange citrus I have never encountered before - must be kumquat. Warm, spicy, and strangely beautiful. Sensuous and mysterious. Dominic Ropion truly is a master...

Jour d'Hermes

Have a great Friday everyone

Banned

sooo many things to read today....

i wore Sycomore and...got complimented!! around 3 pm, and i put it on 8 am.....it came from the boss!! i entered his room and he asked did you just put a perfume on? cause it smells really nice! lol....

Whitefluffy.....enjoy your moment!! ..i so much love sampling rare scents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    AHA! And I meant to tell you. early 80's and I was wearing Cacharel Anais Anais. I found it to be uncanilly like my memory of the original Anais Anais. Anyone else?
    oh i so loved it, i was stealing it from my mother she was getting it as a present for years lol
    Last edited by iivanita; 26th April 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Started out in Jasmin Et Cigarette. Just changed to By Kilian's Beyond Love. I want my Jasmin Et Cigarette back again!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Dolce & Gabbana, Light Blue

Basenotes Plus

Turned out to be the nicest day yet this spring!

Wearing Dior Escale aux Marquises this evening.

Basenotes Plus

bleu autumn haze

Forgot all about the synch today, darn it! I've struggled all week, so I reached for my old friend, Angel today. It's nice to have someone on my side for a difficult Friday at work.

Happy Friday, everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Rose Boheme on one hand and La Rose Jacqueminot on the other. Drizzling rain here most of the day and this evening. Trying an interesting beer called Proximity, a blend of wheat and Sauvignon blanc grapes. Actually very pleasant and drinkable