Code of Conduct

Smile Fans of Raphael of Paris- 1930-1960

Ladies - I am a man in love with the two scents of Raphael's of Paris that seem to be available -Vintage Replique and Plaisir- 2 out of 13 scents, the remainder do not seem to be available.

I will welcome your experiences with any or all of Raphael's scents. I want to share the experience.

Default Re: Fans of Raphael of Paris- 1930-1960

I only have vintage Replique and adore it. What sets it apart from many other perfumes, especially more modern ones, is the depth of the perfume experience. There are so many facets to the perfume, so many notes that come and go, and such beautifully rich ingredients. I sometimes wonder why there only one or two of the older scents available to us. So many have 'sunk without trace', even though they may be as worthy as those which remain.

One can occasionally find a mini here and there of others from an old perfume house, but these are very dicey, since they are often poorly stored or reduced to a dark, molasses coloured juice full of sediment, rather than fluid.

I am interested, too, as to what others have experienced from the house of Raphael.

I never wore Replique regularly, as it was a signature scent of several friends. I did sample their bottles rather liberally when given a chance, though. Replique was definitely in the camp of those who preferred their scents not overly floral or sweet. Mossy, deep, full of developments as LiliB point out.

Love Replique ! It definitely makes my short list of "Fragrances I want Forever".
    Fragrance Omnivore