Code of Conduct

Default Thierry Mugler Leaves Thierry Mugler Parfums???

I've come across this article on a Facebook group. Has any one heard about this? What do you think?

http://thesmellyvagabond.wordpress.c...ugler-parfums/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Leaves Thierry Mugler Parfums???

Thierry Mugler (the designer) doesn't have anthibg in common with his brand for ages. The perfume company was bought by Clarins.

Let's see what happens. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangalor View Post
    Thierry Mugler (the designer) doesn't have anthibg in common with his brand for ages. The perfume company was bought by Clarins.
    Thierry Mugler Parfums was originally a joint venture between Clarins and the Thierry Mugler house in 1990. Several years later, Clarins bought the Thierry Mugler house including the remaining interest in Thierry Mugler Parfums. Thierry Mugler Parfums continued to operate independently from other Clarins subsidiaries until it was integrated into Clarins Fragrance Group (CFG). CFG also handles Azzaro and has since added Porsche Design, David Yurman, and Swarovski to their in-house brands. In the US, CFG also has distribution deals with Inter Parfums for Boucheron and Mont Blanc (they also handled Burberry briefly before the Inter Parfums and Burberry split, which was followed by a distribution deal with BPI USA/Shiseido). And starting in June, CFG will taking over Puig US prestige distribution from Coty Prestige for brands like Prada, Paco Rabanne, Nina Ricci, and Comme des Garcons. (Given the immense success of 1 Million, this should be a good deal.)

Also, a few years ago after a brief hiatus, the Mugler fashion label returned as a separate subsidiary of Clarins, independent from CFG. However, Thierry Mugler was not the chief designer this time; Nicola Formachetti (best known as Lady Gaga's costume designer) was the person behind the Mugler ready-to-wear relaunch.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 26th April 2013 at 05:28 PM.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

I once saw a "said to be recent" photo of Mugler. He was completely deformed, both face and body. I don't know if the photo was real.

Update:

It was here. Please beware that the photo is a nude, a disgusting horrible nude. Only adults can see this webpage. Strong images ahead:

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&r...45645796,d.eWU
    Last edited by DanielPlainview; 26th April 2013 at 04:51 PM.

What will be, will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    I once saw a "said to be recent" photo of Mugler. He was completely deformed, both face and body. I don't know if the photo was real.

Update:

It was here. Please beware that the photo is a nude, a disgusting horrible nude. Only adults can see this webpage. Strong images ahead:

https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&r...45645796,d.eWU
    Yeah, I was once curious to see how he looked like so I googled him. It was weird, I read that he was born in 1948 but the images that I did see of him looked like he was in his early 40s. However, most of his pics were either from a long time ago or he was wearing sun glasses.

Agreed that he does look quite odd, must have had a lot of plastic surgery. Here's a PG rated image of him: http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/R...n_1929908a.jpg

I know many companies are no longer with the original companies.

Many fragrance companies are revived from very old companies so that the company can claim an old and glorious image of catering to aristocrats. (This is like the nouveau riche who bought the titles of aristocrats, or even worse, fausse noblesse, or "false nobility.")

At least the recent quality of Thierry Mugler has not suffered.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Read recently that the creative design for the Perfumes Line has left who was with the line since the start.

I thought he had parted company a long time ago with the whole lot due to it being more concerned with moneymaking than the artistic side. He is a genuine artist and not a money shark. He does arty theatre stuff now. He is just with the Clarins chaps in an advisory aspect. Formichetti and Teigne do the fashion stuff now.

That dodgy photo is quite funny. Photoshop is a clever programme. It is very easy to see how and where the retouchers have been exaggerating. They forgot not to do so with his companions. I was looking from a purely artistic graphic designer eye for those in any doubt. I do have a degree of sympathy for those who find themselves in the public eye. This image may have been outside of his control, but if I had a body anywhere near firm like that at 64 then I might be proud of it. I think i'll be off to the gym tomorrow.

He is a clever and very talented man.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    That dodgy photo is quite funny. Photoshop is a clever programme. It is very easy to see how and where the retouchers have been exaggerating. They forgot not to do so with his companions. I was looking from a purely artistic graphic designer eye for those in any doubt. I do have a degree of sympathy for those who find themselves in the public eye. This image may have been outside of his control, but if I had a body anywhere near firm like that at 64 then I might be proud of it. I think i'll be off to the gym tomorrow.

Yeah, but he looks like a monster. Or a comic book villain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    Or a comic book villain.
    haha this!

At the very least I hope the place has a shake up whether he is still there or not. I quite like some of their fragrances but from a creative perspective there hasn't been much happening in recent times with pure shot and cuir not being in the same heights of success as pure malt, pure coffee etc.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

He looks pretty much like Micky Rourke, lol.

But, like Primrose said, the quality of the fragrances is there.

Amen to that!
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I recently saw a report of romeo gigli and how he became rich and lost all his money years later. He also had to sell his perfume rights and no longer receive any dollar for all selling perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I thought he had parted company a long time ago with the whole lot due to it being more concerned with moneymaking than the artistic side. He is a genuine artist and not a money shark. He does arty theatre stuff now. He is just with the Clarins chaps in an advisory aspect. Formichetti and Teigne do the fashion stuff now.

Very strange indeed. I even read with this picture he had changed his name and was now going by Manfred Mugler

Post Thanks / Like

His penis looks as chunky as a 100ml of A*Men. I'm happy to own products by a man like this.