Code of Conduct

Question Paco Rabanne Black XS: Longevity and Projection

So I recently purchased this fragrance, and I actually really enjoy the smell it is light and fruity sweet yet I am having issues with longevity and projection.

I am not a huge fan of projection yet I do enjoy getting wafts of the fragrance from my skin yet I am getting none, I am unsure if this is due to longevity because I can't seem to smell this fragrance after a couple hours even planting my nose to my skin. Not sure if this bottle is bad or what. I read reviews on longevity and projection and most seem to suggest that this has above average-beast mode longevity (8-12 hrs) and good-beast mode sillage/projection.

So I ask you guys what type of longevity and projection are you getting from this fragrance?

CologneFan85

Default Re: Paco Rabanne Black XS: Longevity and Projection

Depends on everyone different skin. BUT it does tend to last. I was getting around 5 hours.

Just finished a bottle last month.. Project I got was moderate to strong, and as for duration, easily eight hours plus.

It was the kind of scent you'd wear of a night and still smell traces the next morning..

I like Black XS as well, but my experience is the same as yours. I get really bad longevity/projection as well. I usually just re apply throughout the day, and also apply some to my shirt. There is a nice faint tolu balsam base note in the drydown, but it definitely stays close to the skin on me. I find it's a bit better if I reapply over the same area two or three times during the day. Anyway, I do enjoy the scent, but it's nowhere near Paco's 1 Million in strength.

Longevity isn't that great with this really. I usually get 5-6 hours, which is adequate. I recall purchasing it blind, and was also misled by the reviews, as I expected beast mode projection and longevity. I've adapted to it though, and enjoy it either way.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Gotdammerung: I'm definitely not getting 8 hours not unless I have olfactory fatigue and I know that's not the case, my skin must be eating this stuff up.

BrianH1016: you and I are definitely getting the same experience. Fragrance smells good but performance is poor.

The Cologenist: I appreciate your words, I will continue to wear it and maybe like you I will grow into it more and enjoy it.

I get great longevity and projection with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Me too.

To the OP, there's another thread floating around the front page of this forum about how frags smell or come across when they are brand new, as in the first 10 or so sprays. In my experience, I've found that the initial sprays are often the weakest, for whatever reason, and that after I use it a few times, the fragrance really opens up, projects better, and lasts longer. I have no idea why this is, but it has been my experience. Maybe that's what's happening to you.

I get atleast 6-7 hours on my skin.

So it seems as though most are getting at least adequate longevity and projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Me too.

To the OP, there's another thread floating around the front page of this forum about how frags smell or come across when they are brand new, as in the first 10 or so sprays. In my experience, I've found that the initial sprays are often the weakest, for whatever reason, and that after I use it a few times, the fragrance really opens up, projects better, and lasts longer. I have no idea why this is, but it has been my experience. Maybe that's what's happening to you.
    Very, very interesting you know I actually wouldn't doubt this at all. Some fragrances are pretty powerful fresh out while others tend to take a while to settle Aventus, Bleecker St, GPHII are all fragrances that initially I got very low longevity and projection from. Aventus is a beast longevity and projection, Bleeker longevity is beast projection very good, and GPHII has very good longevity and moderate sillage on my skin atleast.

So thanks for that tidbit of information I will definitely continue spray and may even waste a few in the air. Coincidentally I did spray it on a paper towel 2 days ago and left it in a room to see if it projected. No projection but it is still going strong on the napkin.

Banned
    Blog Entries

at least 6 hours every time i used to wear it. a great night scent.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here.

I do one spray on the chest and one on each side of the neck. This one is a howling beast on me. So much so that I get uncomfortable in cramped warm areas if the scent starts to scream hysterically.

Try CK euphoria intense for another alternative to sweet and strawberry fruit for men. Maybe that will do better on your skin

I prefer euphoria intense as it feels darker and thus more mature and settled. Black XS is a little too loud for me. The differences are subtle. Both can be mistaken for each other.

I get great projection, but longevity is very average at best. 4-5 hours on a good day and then it just disappears.

both above average. This scent is too lipstick-cherry-synthetic. Can't see beauty on it.

Overall satisfied with its projection and longevity.

Try Ultrared by Paco Rabanne better longevity and sillage then XS Black

So @buysblind made the comment about a fragrance being a bit stronger after the first initial sprays. So I shook the bottle to get the juices all mixed well (doubt if the had any significance) and went through my apt and did about 10 sprays of Black XS yesterday, my apt smelled amazing.

Later that night I went out and sprayed some Black XS on, I noticed immediately I could smell it whenever I moved. This went on through the duration of the night. So much so that I hugged a female and she called me later that night and said "I can smell you on my cheek, I want to wash this makeup off my face but I don't wanna wash your smell off" . I took a shower and still smelled it.

I decided to test and wear it today and once again it is giving me good longevity and sillage is moderate. I don't know if those initial sprays did something or what but the fragrance definitely seems to have picked up some strength. Probably all in my mind.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

The projection and longevity on Black XS for me wasn't very good. I got about 4-5 hours with solid projection for the first hour.