Code of Conduct

Default If I like Creed Aventus, GIT and MI, which Guerlain would you recommend?

Ready to try my first bottle of Guerlain. If I like the fresh / fruity openings of the Creeds, and their natural, non-musky drydown, which Guerlain would you recommend?

Default Re: If I like Creed Aventus, GIT and MI, which Guerlain would you recommend?

Chamade Pour Homme

Default Re: If I like Creed Aventus, GIT and MI, which Guerlain would you recommend?

Hmm, there's not too much overlap between the two houses. Guerlain make much more classic feeling fragrances, while Creed are more contemporary. I guess you could try Guerlain Homme/L'eau/L'eau Boisee, or maybe one of the Aqua Allegoria fragrances like Herba Fresca.

a Guerlain similar to a niche scent is Homme Intense ( not simply Homme), and it's not expensive at all, in correlation with niche perfumes.

agree that you should check out the Guerlain Homme line. I quite enjoy Homme & Homme l'eau myself, as well as GIT & Aventus (MI is a bit too salty for me).

The guerlain classics are out of your reach. Try the modern ones.

I'm a fan of the three you've listed and so far the only Guerlain I've found bottle worthy is Habit Rouge EDP. It's nothing like the Creeds but is a great frag. There are many other Guerlains that are quality scents that just don't appeal to me. Have fun sampling.

None .
    It's just a very different house, maybe Homme l' Eau, but Guerlain has it's own thing going on.
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Probably the most similar Guerlain that comes to mind that I know of to a Creed style would be Guerlain Homme Intense or Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Hmm, there's not too much overlap between the two houses. Guerlain make much more classic feeling fragrances, while Creed are more contemporary. I guess you could try Guerlain Homme/L'eau/L'eau Boisee, or maybe one of the Aqua Allegoria fragrances like Herba Fresca.
    This

Sdv is very sweet though, so unless you are into vanilla, I won't recommend it. I think the acqua line. Also check hermes jardin series if you are open to other houses.

Basenotes Plus

You should try Guerlain Sous le Vent. Will probably find it a suitable upgrade.