Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Fueguia 1833 . . . Any information on this line

I see where Luckyscent just added Fueguia 1833.

Anyone familiar with thier fragrances. Reading some of the notes, seems like some are very interesting.

Default Re: Fueguia 1833 . . . Any information on this line

Interested to hear more.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Interested to hear more.
    Knowing LS, they will soon send an e-mail for sample pack. This may be one I might try.

Please let us know - post is an issue here.

I like this idea: "Bedel describes his scents using the concept of the atom, as opposed to the model of a pyramid. Instead of referring to top, middle and bottom notes, Bedel envisions the primary note as the nucleus and other prominent notes as electrons, orbiting around the nucleus. Although there may be as many as a hundred components in a particular formula, Bedel limits his descriptions to three major notes. The first note listed will be the central “nucleus” of the fragrance. Each fragrance comes in a recyclable glass bottle in a hand-made wooden box, crafted from wood from fallen trees."

but he released about 50 perfumes all at once!

He didn't release 50 at once, Fueguia is a house based in Argentina and they have been operating for quite a while, I remember a while ago that Steve from ScentBar showed me Ballena de La Pampa and it was a really nice ambergris based perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    He didn't release 50 at once, Fueguia is a house based in Argentina and they have been operating for quite a while, I remember a while ago that Steve from ScentBar showed me Ballena de La Pampa and it was a really nice ambergris based perfume.
    I didn't mean 50 released NOW ... I said 50 at once which could be 2 years ago and luckyscent just got some of them now now!
    take a look here: http://www.basenotes.net/content/138...ews-from-Pitti

hi hawk, no worries my friend, some look really interesting, but the price... the price...

hi hawk, no worries my friend, some look really interesting, but the price... the price...
    that's the problem, the price! what if I like all 50 of them?

I tried purchasing a bunch of their samples, almost a year ago. The P&P was excessive, so I challenged them about it. They eventually lowered the rate but it was still a bit pricey.

I was almost on the verge of ordering when it became apparent that they only accepted credit cards for payment. I don't own a credit card, so we had a problem. After a few more exchanges, and reassurances of reaching some kind of solution, they suddenly went quiet and I never heard from them again. *shrugs*

I own Ballena de La Pampa and it is beautiful. This is a really nice line with amazing quality notes. I am sure people here will like many of what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    holy cow! That is the real problem here, the one that sounds really interesting for me is Pampa Humeda...

Whole line looks interesting, my money is on: Xocoatl (Vanilla, rum, cocoa); and La Cautiva (Musk, blackcurrant, vanilla) being awesome. But the descriptions of El mono de la Tinto and the passionfruit of Mbucuruya is fascinating.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Hednic - tried any / all of them? Any feedback you can provide? Thx

just sell your kidney,

at least you smell great with one kidney
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Interested in hearing more about this line. If anyone is in NYC, Aedes is going to/is carrying their line. Supposedly they will start shipping orders on May 6th.

I like this idea: "Bedel describes his scents using the concept of the atom, as opposed to the model of a pyramid. Instead of referring to top, middle and bottom notes, Bedel envisions the primary note as the nucleus and other prominent notes as electrons, orbiting around the nucleus. Although there may be as many as a hundred components in a particular formula, Bedel limits his descriptions to three major notes. The first note listed will be the central “nucleus” of the fragrance. Each fragrance comes in a recyclable glass bottle in a hand-made wooden box, crafted from wood from fallen trees."

but he released about 50 perfumes all at once!
    I think the model here is the Bohr atomic model.

I would like to know more about this line.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

They do sound interesting.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    E-mail showed up. Sample pack ordered.
    Descriptions eagerly awaited.

Last edited by lsp_NY; 28th April 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Got several of them:

Ballena de la Pampa
    Hornero
    Quebracho
    El Mono de la Tinta
    El Otro Tigre
    Caoba
    Magallanes
    Beagle

And a pack of samples of which I think Thays, Jacarandá, Juan Manuel and Eucalipto are worth mentioning.

I reviewed some of those listed in the directory, and wrote down some opinions on unlisted ones in my wardrobe, you can read these in this thread

Just to wrap it up:

El Mono de la Tinta revolves around cinnamon

Caoba is a patchouli bomb on the masculine side of things

El Otro Tigre is a stinky civet bomb: its development might make you think of an adulterous escapade ending up in a commited relationship, for the base notes are floral (tuberose)

Quebracho is a masculine woody aromatic with a remote analogy to YSL's Jazz

Magallanes opens with clear aromatic / citric notes morphing into typical masculine basenotes

Beagle is among my favorites: balmy, a little bit opresive, amazing basenotes... and for those interested, it brings compliments.

Hornero is the best among them all: descriptors nail it down, you get what it says

Juan Manuel revolves around rose (a very clear inspiration on Juan Manuel de Rosas, a local governor from the first half of the XIX century. Now, he wasn't the gentler governor around, so I guess the association with roses is a little bit biased. I would have used gunpowder and a distilled drink if I were to create a fragrance after him), the black pepper makes it a masculine - sided sort of rose composition

Thays opens with osmanthus... hold on, it is in the showroom, but guess what: local fumeheads are still waiting for production

Jacarandá is a chypre that does not feel like it... interesting

I will be reviewing these later in the other thread.
    Last edited by Pollux; 28th April 2013 at 01:16 AM.

treeman5823

There has been a low but steady buzz about this line for months. Luckyscent had almost secured a deal with the brand a few months ago, but Fuegia wanted to sell LS too many bottles, and the contract fell through. I briefly smelled a sample of something--Ballena de la Pampa I think--and it was interesting, a sort of grape--grain thing. I look forward to smelling them all, and I think the earliest time any of us in the US may smell it is at the Scent Bar next Friday or Saturday morning.

Aedes in NYC is having a launch event on Monday, May 6th for the line. Hope it meets the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
    Aedes in NYC is having a launch event on Monday, May 6th for the line. Hope it meets the hype.
    Ah this whole line is nothing but a synthetic mess of assorted fruits.

Don't mind me, just trying to lower your expectations as I question if anything ever meets our expectations when hype is involved
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Haha thanks Os1s. Always appreciate level headed advice ;-)

I tried Malena, yesterday, and thought it was wonderful. A citrus and blackcurrant combo, with a clean musk base, that made Mona di Orio's Eau Absolute smell one-dimensional and stale by comparison.

Btw, there's no UK distributor for this house as yet and, until there is, no UK parfumerie is prepared to stock their creations (the logistics of ordering directly from Fueguia 1833 is, as I have discovered myself, a complete nightmare).

Thanks, Trebor - always interested in citrus.

It seems like Luckyscent's selections are not exactly the same as Aedes'.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    It seems like Luckyscent's selections are not exactly the same as Aedes'.
    Aedes also doesn't offer the 30ml size and will only ship samples within the US.

I chased up Fueguia 1833 about their promise of looking into an alternative means of payment but they've backed down on that. If you can't pay by Visa (credit card) or Amex then it's a no go.

Basenotes Member

I own Ballena de la Pampa.
    They are captivating scents, with original ideas and an high quality of molecules. Exist three concentration: Eau de Parfum (100ml and 30 ml), Parfum (100ml and 30ml) and Absolute (30ml only). I can tell you that the difference from EdP to Prf or Abs is ENORMOUS. Unfortunately produce few bottles and Prf and Abs are very rare. I don't recommend to buy EdP because have poor sillage, poor longevity but nice skin-scent-evolution; the pure perfume, on the contrary, is extraordinarily powerful and performant.

Returning to Ballena de la Pampa... is a magical cocktail of 13 different musks that create a wrap cashmere on your skin, smoothly animalic with bits of pale green hay, a field of grass like Argentine Pampas. The ambregris complete this strange (and magical) alchemy with a salty base, sapid and animal. A luminous fragrance that smells of nature, sun and sea. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Filomele View Post
    I own Ballena de la Pampa.
    They are captivating scents, with original ideas and an high quality of molecules. Exist three concentration: Eau de Parfum (100ml and 30 ml), Parfum (100ml and 30ml) and Absolute (30ml only). I can tell you that the difference from EdP to Prf or Abs is ENORMOUS. Unfortunately produce few bottles and Prf and Abs are very rare. I don't recommend to buy EdP because have poor sillage, poor longevity but nice skin-scent-evolution; the pure perfume, on the contrary, is extraordinarily powerful and performant.
    Thanks for the info.

Based on what I was told, Agua de Perfume isn't really an EDP - it's more of an EDT. Below is what the terms used actually mean, in terms of concentration:

ABSOLUTO: 24% Extrait
    PERFUME: 16% Eau de Parfum
    AGUA DE PERFUME: 8% Eau de Toilette
    Last edited by Trebor; 8th May 2013 at 01:23 PM.

Basenotes Member

EdT: 8%-15% as EdP but near 8%
    EdP: 8%-15% (near 15%) with 80%-90% alchool and 20%-10% water
    Prf/Abs: 15%-40% (less is Prf, more is Abs) with only Alchool (no water)

But in the case of Fueguia, I didn't want to make a technical discourse; beyond the percentages, the performance on skin between EdP and Prf is enormously different. In the second case is more exciting. This doesn't happen with Grossmith (for example).

EdT: 8%-15% as EdP but near 8%
    EdP: 8%-15% with 80%-90% alchool and 20%-10% water
    Prf/Abs: 15%-40% (less is Prf, more is Abs) with only Alchool (no water)

But in the case of Fueguia, I didn't want to make a technical discourse; beyond the percentages, the performance on skin between EdP and Prf is enormously different. In the second case is more exciting. This doesn't happen with Grossmith (for example).
    From what I know, the typical concentration for an EDT is around 10% and higher for an EDP. It's not a hard and fast rule but the concentration for genuine EDPs is usually in double figures.

Regardless, I would avoid the Agua de Perfumes.

But in the case of Fueguia, I didn't want to make a technical discourse
    But this is a consumer product that will require people to spend their money. The more information the better, especially when the stated concentrations are using unconventional phrasing.

- - - Updated - - -

Fueguia 1833 has confirmed that both Luckyscent and Aedes are stocking the Perfume concentration. So, there you go.
    Last edited by Trebor; 8th May 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Sampled quite a few from this line over the week and wasn't impressed at all. Didn't find a single original scent in the bunch. Wrote a long post about it but figured I'll be diplomatic and not post it. If you're familiar with niche and looking for something creative, avoid. If you're into houses like Arquiste and Agonist you'll enjoy this house.

treeman5823

I tried all of them, and I'm sorry to say that most of the line's stuff is crap. The idea seems to be to take one ingredient as the focus and then complement it with a few more, which results in timid, unadventurous, and unsuccessful compositions. Add to this the price, and it's no wonder Fuegia's fragrances were limited to Argentina for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by kende View Post
    If you're into houses like Arquiste and Agonist you'll enjoy this house.
    As I am not, you've saved me time.

50? it's 60 releases. twice as many as Lutens. Thanks but, no thanks.

Aedes.com has big interview with the owner of fueguia 1833. Argentinians should stick to beef, vine and football. imo

Wow, now im tempted to try these out !

I tried a few... I concur with those who compare them with Arquiste and Agonist. Not my style at all.

Are their sampler sets available through the pdf catalog on their site? I sniffed Misiones at Aedes & might love it...

I have tried their full line at their flagship store in Buenos Aires. The best presentation of any product I have ever seen!!

Although its a unisex line, for men, I preferred Zonda, Sudestada, Xocoatl, Darwin, Fitzroy and Thays.
    For women, I liked Ballena de la Pampa, Amalia, Amalia Gourmand, Malena and La Cautiva

If I have to pick one, Zonda for men is the best. I use the Absolute version and its divine.
    For women, I loved Ballena de la Pampa and Amalia Gourmand.

Right now, I have Sudestada 100ml EDP and Xocaotl 30ml EDT for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested. Notes are on Fragrantica

I go to BA atleast twice a year for work and will be going back in Jan.

I really had a high hope for this line. Yesterday I tried some in Paris. The collection smells natural, simple, soft, and...spicey. The scents have "nice" character, which is totally not for me.

At the beginning Bedel was venturing into very interesting proposals: I remember a Vetiver that smelt like Vetiver a la Carven / 1960's. He told me vetiver was getting more difficultt to get. You can get good quality vetiver from Paraguay, but getting the roots of the plant is quite cumbersome, so workers rather work harvesting oranges and mate. You can get vetiver, but not in the scale needed in order to produce batches. As to the other one, it was a tuberose-based blend impossible to produce due to prices. Both were remarkable.

As I said previously, I own a bunch of them: price differences between those charged by Lucky Scent and Aedes and their local store is quite significant: you can get 30 ml Eaux de Parfum for USD 30, and 100 ml bottles for USD 70 (at the paralel Dolar exchange, almost AR$ 10 for USD 1). My suggestion would be to ask for samples from their store in BA and later ask someone to buy your prefered ones from their store in Av. Alvear.

The problem is that their line is more than extensive, the store has this policy of producing small batches and discontinuing them. For instance, they reformulated Thays, IMHO the actual one (Mate, Green Tea and a local ingredient called Cabreura) is not as compelling as the original (I cherish this sample). I asked for Santalum, they got me La Joven Noche (Mysore Santalum, New Caledonian Sandalwood (?) and Spicatum Sandalwood). An excelent sandalwod scent but please take into account my experience sniffing classic sandalwood blends praised by BNoters is limited, to say the least.

Some of them are, well, difficult to pull through. I tried a new one, Enneadas, the top/mid notes were too dry and discordant, and the basenotes was pure guaiac - which, BTW, Natura has a real good one, albeit ubiquitous. I bought a 30 ml bottle of Otro Poema de los Dones, wonderful woody scent made of Buddha Wood (?), Agarwood and Misiones Cedar. As for Xocoaetl, I made huge efforts to like it to no avail, I find it discordant: the vanilla, cocoa and rum blend combo feels odd, which should not be so. Jacarandá, their Chypre, does not smell as such. Any chypre is better than that, N° 19 rules unbeaten. But their their rose - based scent, Juan Manuel, is marvelous.

In other words, with so many being in their line, it is an olfative impediment getting a good idea of their proposal, the line feels unordered. And as such, there are good blends and others that are... difficult to get. For example, Corvina Negra smells like fish, more of and EldO's scent. Plus, they all share this oily-popylenglycol galore (or whatever it may be) feeling that I find anoying. They are launching a jojoba carrier scent line, I wonder if the line includes their best sellers - if memory fails me not, El Mono de la Tinta, Hornero and Ballena de la Pampa were among them. Somehting else: their woody scents share more than a family air.

Rest assure: you'll get longevity and silage. Plus the store is amazingly luxurious.
    Last edited by Pollux; 17th November 2013 at 05:52 AM.