Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Smile The United States Of America.

    Good Morning guys,

    Soon I'm going to be departing on a business trip which is throughout the United States, I am going to be at several airports and states through a period of about 25 days, following are the perfumes I will be looking keenly for and if any of you could help me out with it and let me know the best price i can get it for at retail shop's, boutiques and duty free's (If it's available at multiple locations)

    The fragrances I will be looking for are :



    --- Christian Dior Homme Intense.

    --- L'instant De Guerlain Extreme.

    --- Somewhere i can sample Amouage
    products and then buy the smallest
    size available.

    --- Chanel Allure Homme Sport/Eau Extreme.

    --- 24 Gold by Scent Story.

    --- Oil's by Surrati and Swiss Arabian ( Oudy
    woody, tom oudh, black aoud etc.)

    --- A 1-5ml sample of the 1926 Guerlain Djedi.

    --- Any others that I would get for a really
    good price and you advice I should get it.




    Following are the airports and cities are shall be flying from and visiting.

    --- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport ( India, Maharashtra )

    --- 2 Hours of layover at London Heathrow Airport.

    --- Arrive at Los Angeles airport.

    --- The City Of LA (5 Days.)

    --- The City of Las Vegas ( 2 Days.)

    --- Lake Tahoe (6 Days.)

    --- The City of San Francisco ( 3 Days.)

    --- San Francisco airport.

    --- London Heathrow airport

    --- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport ( India, Maharashtra )



    --- End Of Journey---


    With each of these purchases do I get some samples automatically ?
    Or will I have to ask for them ?
    Say for example if I purchase something from the Dior boutique, am I
    entitled to sample's of my choice ?
    In India you are only given a sample vial if you make a minimum purchase
    ranging from 65-75 $, nothing is given except sampling with the tester
    if you don't make a purchase.


    Also how much perfume am I allowed to carry while flying in my baggage
    and are there any size related restrictions ?
    Should I carry the perfumes in my check in baggage or my cabin baggage ?


    Your advice is extremely important to me as in a country like India, the choice of perfumes are pretty limited and if your on basenotes, then looking at what limited brands they offer, its just not enough.


    Thank You For Your Time.

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Basenotes Junkie FullCollapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Visit the Scent Bar in LA. Its a definite must. You will be able to get your Amouage line there and everything else niche. When people refer to Luckyscent.com here this is the actual storefront. You will get lots of samples if you purchase one of those. Heres a link with the address: http://www.luckyscent.com/scentbar/

    Guerlain has a Boutique in Las Vegas, I think Dior does too.

    Every city you listed will have a large shopping mall selling pretty much everything on your list with the exception of the oils and the Djedi.

    As far as traveling with these frags, you will have to put them in your checked luggage. You cant have more than 15-30 mls of liquid in you carry on luggage on a plane or you will have to throw it away or mail it to yourself.

    Enjoy your stay in America!!! Welcome!
    Last edited by FullCollapse; 27th April 2013 at 06:45 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    When my relatives left for Indonesia, From LAX, they were recently allowed a 100ml bottle as carry on.
    I had given them several 30ml bottles that they had in their carry on, and they had no problems. But also, my experience is that so often, the restrictions are whatever the person searching you says, as well, and could change according to that personality... (See more ideas below the TSA quote...)

    Here is the official answer, and I would print it out and have it in your pocket, if you will be testing the limits...:

    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...iday-travelers
    Latest revision: 16 January 2013
    The 3-1-1 Policy for Liquids, Gels, and Aerosols
    Liquid explosives still pose a threat and for that reason TSA limits the amount of liquids passengers can safely carry through the security checkpoint. This limitation applies only to carry-on bags. Larger quantities of liquids, gels, and aerosols can be safely packed in checked baggage.
    Here are the rules:


    • 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less for all liquids, gels and aerosols; placed in a
    • 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag to hold all small bottles;
    • 1 bag per passenger placed in a screening bin

    Larger quantities of breast milk/baby formula and medically necessary liquids are permitted but must be presented to an officer for further inspection. For more information on traveling with medically necessary liquids, click here.
    Items that are purchased after the security checkpoint have been prescreened and can be taken on the plane.
    Traveling with Food or Gifts
    When it comes to bringing items through checkpoints, we've seen just about everything. Traveling with food or gifts is an even bigger challenge. Everyone has favorite foods from home that they want to bring to holiday dinners, or items from their destination that they want to bring back home.

    Not sure about what you can and can't bring through the checkpoint? Here's a sample list of liquid, aerosol and gel items that you should put in your checked bag, ship ahead, or leave at home if they are above the permitted 3.4 oz.

    • Cranberry sauce
    • Cologne
    • Creamy dips and spreads (cheeses, peanut butter, etc.)
    • Gift baskets with food items (salsa, jams and salad dressings)
    • Gravy
    • Jams
    • Jellies
    • Lotions
    • Maple syrup
    • Oils and vinegars
    • Perfume
    • Salad dressing
    • Salsa
    • Sauces
    • Snowglobes
    • Soups
    • Wine, liquor and beer

    You can bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but please be advised that they are subject to additional screening.
    While wrapped gifts are not prohibited, if a bag alarms our security officers may have to unwrap a gift to take a closer look inside. We recommend passengers wrap gifts after their flight or ship them ahead of time, to avoid the possibility of having to open them during the screening process.
    Please note that items purchased after the security checkpoint have been prescreened and can be taken on the plane.








    I can't really determine if you could have a dozen 3.4oz (100ml) bottles, or just one bottle, but I do see that you can have only one bag of them. So conceivably, you could have as many bottles under 3.4oz as would fit into a quart ziplock bag.

    My only suggestion for 1926 Djedi, if you really want it, is to order it from the Perfumed Court, and have it sent to a US Address, for your pick up. See: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...__GRDJEDI.aspx
    they have 1.5ml for $120 plus shipping.

    I am a Niche Perfumer, actually working on a version of Djedi, but don't have any to sell to you.
    But if for any reason that you wanted to visit my Perfumarium and experience not only my workspace but my fragrances, 1.5 hrs east of Los Angeles while you're here for those five days, not only would I welcome the visit, but you could have the Djedi shipped to my address for your pick up. But at the VERY LEAST, you should get to Scent Bar in West LA, for a great retail visit of great fragrances...

    If I don't see you, The Best to you exploring these United States...

    PS: if you are driving to Las Vegas from Los Angeles, I'd be in that general direction...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

  4. #4

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    --- Christian Dior Homme Intense.
    Dior @ the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas

    --- L'instant De Guerlain Extreme.
    not available in the US

    --- Somewhere i can sample Amouage
    products and then buy the smallest
    size available.
    probably Scent Bar in LA, but if not 6/2 Skins in Crystals, Las Vegas

    --- Chanel Allure Homme Sport/Eau Extreme.
    Macys or Nordstrom, Fashion Show Mall Las Vegas

    --- 24 Gold by Scent Story.
    I've never seen it in a physical store

    --- Oil's by Surrati and Swiss Arabian ( Oudy
    woody, tom oudh, black aoud etc.)
    I've never seen these in a physical store

    --- A 1-5ml sample of the 1926 Guerlain Djedi.
    maybe Guerlain @ the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas

    --- Any others that I would get for a really
    good price and you advice I should get it.
    if you got to the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas stop by Barneys, it's right by Guerlain and Dior

  5. #5

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Las Vegas has a shopping center called Crystals at City Centre. They have Tom Ford and Hermes.

    They also have a Chanel boutique.

    Have a wonderful trip!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Check Amazon.com for 24 gold and other designer perfume. Just make sure you buy from Amazon or (reliable sellers fragrancenet or fragrancex) and not third party or fulfilled by Amazon. For amouage samples, your best bet is a swap, not sure if timing wise would work for you though

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    78,131

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Definitely make a stop at the Scent Bar in LA. Well worth it IMO.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    The best price for Dior Homme Intense I've seen in the US is at the LAX international terminal duty free as I was passing through. ~$80 for 100ml.

    For the rest, I second the Dior Vegas boutique (you can try the whole exclusive line) and LA' Scent Bar.

    Since you'll be passing London Heathrow twice, you should look around and scribble down the prices for what you're looking for, there's a fair chance you can find a lot of things cheaper than in the US (I certainly found it so, I also found Guerlain's LIDGE). If they are cheaper there, you can always get them on your way back.

    Bon voyage!

  9. #9

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Visit the Scent Bar in LA. Its a definite must. You will be able to get your Amouage line there and everything else niche. When people refer to Luckyscent.com here this is the actual storefront. You will get lots of samples if you purchase one of those. Heres a link with the address: http://www.luckyscent.com/scentbar/

    Guerlain has a Boutique in Las Vegas, I think Dior does too.

    Every city you listed will have a large shopping mall selling pretty much everything on your list with the exception of the oils and the Djedi.

    As far as traveling with these frags, you will have to put them in your checked luggage. You cant have more than 15-30 mls of liquid in you carry on luggage on a plane or you will have to throw it away or mail it to yourself.

    Enjoy your stay in America!!! Welcome!
    Thank you for your welcome,
    will definately check out the scent bar as you pointed out,
    the fragrance restrictions at airports remain a dilema as
    I think each airport would enforce its own restrictions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    --- Christian Dior Homme Intense.
    Dior @ the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas

    --- L'instant De Guerlain Extreme.
    not available in the US

    --- Somewhere i can sample Amouage
    products and then buy the smallest
    size available.
    probably Scent Bar in LA, but if not 6/2 Skins in Crystals, Las Vegas

    --- Chanel Allure Homme Sport/Eau Extreme.
    Macys or Nordstrom, Fashion Show Mall Las Vegas

    --- 24 Gold by Scent Story.
    I've never seen it in a physical store

    --- Oil's by Surrati and Swiss Arabian ( Oudy
    woody, tom oudh, black aoud etc.)
    I've never seen these in a physical store

    --- A 1-5ml sample of the 1926 Guerlain Djedi.
    maybe Guerlain @ the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas

    --- Any others that I would get for a really
    good price and you advice I should get it.
    if you got to the Pallazo in the Venetian, Las Vegas stop by Barneys, it's right by Guerlain and Dior

    Thank you for your valuable time and advice,
    will definately check out all of the above.
    I wish I get the Djedi at the boutique, though
    I think the chances are remote.

    Regards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Las Vegas has a shopping center called Crystals at City Centre. They have Tom Ford and Hermes.

    They also have a Chanel boutique.

    Have a wonderful trip!
    Crystals, City Centre.
    Have noted it down, will visit it for sure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    Check Amazon.com for 24 gold and other designer perfume. Just make sure you buy from Amazon or (reliable sellers fragrancenet or fragrancex) and not third party or fulfilled by Amazon. For amouage samples, your best bet is a swap, not sure if timing wise would work for you though
    Swapping is a great idea, would have to sync my timings though,
    Thank you for your insight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Definitely make a stop at the Scent Bar in LA. Well worth it IMO.
    Thank you hednic, you always make valuable contributions to my thread.

    Regards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    The best price for Dior Homme Intense I've seen in the US is at the LAX international terminal duty free as I was passing through. ~$80 for 100ml.

    For the rest, I second the Dior Vegas boutique (you can try the whole exclusive line) and LA' Scent Bar.

    Since you'll be passing London Heathrow twice, you should look around and scribble down the prices for what you're looking for, there's a fair chance you can find a lot of things cheaper than in the US (I certainly found it so, I also found Guerlain's LIDGE). If they are cheaper there, you can always get them on your way back.

    Bon voyage!

    Yes, I do hope to get LIDGE at the airport and with the GBP at an all time low,
    I think the price would be just fine, id say about 60 pounds should do it ?

    Thank you,
    Regards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    When my relatives left for Indonesia, From LAX, they were recently allowed a 100ml bottle as carry on.
    I had given them several 30ml bottles that they had in their carry on, and they had no problems. But also, my experience is that so often, the restrictions are whatever the person searching you says, as well, and could change according to that personality... (See more ideas below the TSA quote...)

    Here is the official answer, and I would print it out and have it in your pocket, if you will be testing the limits...:

    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...iday-travelers
    Latest revision: 16 January 2013
    The 3-1-1 Policy for Liquids, Gels, and Aerosols
    Liquid explosives still pose a threat and for that reason TSA limits the amount of liquids passengers can safely carry through the security checkpoint. This limitation applies only to carry-on bags. Larger quantities of liquids, gels, and aerosols can be safely packed in checked baggage.
    Here are the rules:


    • 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less for all liquids, gels and aerosols; placed in a
    • 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag to hold all small bottles;
    • 1 bag per passenger placed in a screening bin

    Larger quantities of breast milk/baby formula and medically necessary liquids are permitted but must be presented to an officer for further inspection. For more information on traveling with medically necessary liquids, click here.
    Items that are purchased after the security checkpoint have been prescreened and can be taken on the plane.
    Traveling with Food or Gifts
    When it comes to bringing items through checkpoints, we've seen just about everything. Traveling with food or gifts is an even bigger challenge. Everyone has favorite foods from home that they want to bring to holiday dinners, or items from their destination that they want to bring back home.

    Not sure about what you can and can't bring through the checkpoint? Here's a sample list of liquid, aerosol and gel items that you should put in your checked bag, ship ahead, or leave at home if they are above the permitted 3.4 oz.

    • Cranberry sauce
    • Cologne
    • Creamy dips and spreads (cheeses, peanut butter, etc.)
    • Gift baskets with food items (salsa, jams and salad dressings)
    • Gravy
    • Jams
    • Jellies
    • Lotions
    • Maple syrup
    • Oils and vinegars
    • Perfume
    • Salad dressing
    • Salsa
    • Sauces
    • Snowglobes
    • Soups
    • Wine, liquor and beer

    You can bring pies and cakes through the security checkpoint, but please be advised that they are subject to additional screening.
    While wrapped gifts are not prohibited, if a bag alarms our security officers may have to unwrap a gift to take a closer look inside. We recommend passengers wrap gifts after their flight or ship them ahead of time, to avoid the possibility of having to open them during the screening process.
    Please note that items purchased after the security checkpoint have been prescreened and can be taken on the plane.








    I can't really determine if you could have a dozen 3.4oz (100ml) bottles, or just one bottle, but I do see that you can have only one bag of them. So conceivably, you could have as many bottles under 3.4oz as would fit into a quart ziplock bag.

    My only suggestion for 1926 Djedi, if you really want it, is to order it from the Perfumed Court, and have it sent to a US Address, for your pick up. See: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...__GRDJEDI.aspx
    they have 1.5ml for $120 plus shipping.

    I am a Niche Perfumer, actually working on a version of Djedi, but don't have any to sell to you.
    But if for any reason that you wanted to visit my Perfumarium and experience not only my workspace but my fragrances, 1.5 hrs east of Los Angeles while you're here for those five days, not only would I welcome the visit, but you could have the Djedi shipped to my address for your pick up. But at the VERY LEAST, you should get to Scent Bar in West LA, for a great retail visit of great fragrances...

    If I don't see you, The Best to you exploring these United States...

    PS: if you are driving to Las Vegas from Los Angeles, I'd be in that general direction...

    Thank you sir for your valuable time,

    So you would advice me to buy a maximum size of 3.4oz/100ml correct ?
    also, should I keep it in the baggage that goes in the cargo hold of the carrier
    or the bag im allowed to keep in the cabin ?

    Yes I had been through the perfumed court, but the shipping to my country
    seemed a bit unreasonable and again its fate through customs would be 50-50.

    Your own version of Djedi ?
    Wow, that must be quite a journey, being a Niche Perfumer would be such an amazing
    job.
    Every day must be a adventure and a new discovery !

    Your kind offer to visit your Perfumarium has given me great joy and excitement, only to
    be drowned by the grim feeling that i would be in a company hired car along with three other
    colleagues (who absolutely share no interest in my passion for perfumes) travelling through
    Los Angeles to Las Vegas, unfortunately it would not be agreed upon by the others and my
    seniors would certainly not appreciate me doing that as im relatively new to this company and
    they are already sending me on an all expense covered trip, I would love to and my heart saddens
    knowing I would have to pass on such a great oppurtunity visiting amazing perfumery

    Thank you for your wishes and all the luck in the world for all your endeavours.
    When you get done with your version of Djedi, i would love to explore its intricate
    nature, which im sure you will be able to evoke.

    Regards.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    You should buy the super classic Chanel Pour Monsieur, the regular one, not the concentre. It is sold at duty free stores.

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    The Pound is not nearly at its all time low. In the early 80s, 1£ nearly equaled $1US.

    These days, the US dollar still sucks. The Canadian dollar is worth more. Travelers from abroad can grab a lot of extra value buying in dollars. Just watch out for any credit card foreign transaction fees.

  12. #12

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Enjoy the shopping bro.

  13. #13

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    As mentioned above, when in LA, hit the Scent Bar and prepare to spend a couple of hours there just hanging out and chatting with people. Then head down the street to Saks, Barney's, Neiman's, Tom Ford. All will be generous with samples unless you just wander in and ask for them directly. The SA's are wonderful at all of these spots and will bend over backwards for you. Plus, you'll be hard-pressed to find anybody as knowledgable about obscure perfumery as you will at the Scent Bar. I live in the area, and will oftentimes just hit these stores to sniff a few new things and chat it up with the people who work there.

  14. #14

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    The best juices in the US are niche or private line items.

    If you can only purchase something through the internet have them FEDEX it to your hotel. IMO you won't find much at airport duty free shops.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 27th April 2013 at 08:45 PM.

  15. #15
    treeman5823
    Guest

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Definitely go to the Scent Bar. And don't pass up the original l'Instant. Or Lolita Lempicka. Or the entire Estee Lauder Line. Or...or.....

  16. #16
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Go to the Jewelry district in DTLA. The small mom and pop shops are legit and have everything! I used to live across the street from the Staples Center and explored the whole area to find the hidden gems

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    being honest, i would carry on no more than3 3.4 oz bottles. most ppl would let you slide with that. if you have more just check them in.also i bought 24k for a bit under 50 bucks from ebay about a month ago

  18. #18
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    The best juices in the US are niche or private line items.

    If you can only purchase something through the internet have them FEDEX it to your hotel. IMO you won't find much at airport duty free shops.
    I'd certainly second this based on my limited experience of the US. DON'T risk picking up anything but the most basic designers there. London Heathrow is another matter, the selection there is excellent.

    Enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to my next one every much!

  19. #19

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    You should buy the super classic Chanel Pour Monsieur, the regular one, not the concentre. It is sold at duty free stores.
    Thank you sir,
    Added to my list.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    The Pound is not nearly at its all time low. In the early 80s, 1£ nearly equaled $1US.

    These days, the US dollar still sucks. The Canadian dollar is worth more. Travelers from abroad can grab a lot of extra value buying in dollars. Just watch out for any credit card foreign transaction fees.
    Well,
    I was comparing it to the Indian National Rupee(INR),
    In November 2012, I would have to pay 90 INR For 1 GBP,
    But now in May 2013, I am paying 83 INR for 1 GBP,
    So of course for me in India, the GBP is at its low point,
    Compared to the past year.

    I will watch out for those transaction fees,
    Thank you for your help.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Enjoy the shopping bro.
    Thanks mate,
    I sure will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    As mentioned above, when in LA, hit the Scent Bar and prepare to spend a couple of hours there just hanging out and chatting with people. Then head down the street to Saks, Barney's, Neiman's, Tom Ford. All will be generous with samples unless you just wander in and ask for them directly. The SA's are wonderful at all of these spots and will bend over backwards for you. Plus, you'll be hard-pressed to find anybody as knowledgable about obscure perfumery as you will at the Scent Bar. I live in the area, and will oftentimes just hit these stores to sniff a few new things and chat it up with the people who work there.

    Saks, Barenys, Neiman's,
    Added to my list.
    Are the prices same as they advertise on their
    online stores ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    The best juices in the US are niche or private line items.

    If you can only purchase something through the internet have them FEDEX it to your hotel. IMO you won't find much at airport duty free shops.
    Great advice sir,
    Thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Definitely go to the Scent Bar. And don't pass up the original l'Instant. Or Lolita Lempicka. Or the entire Estee Lauder Line. Or...or.....
    Have the L'instant Pour Homme and the extreme,
    Looking to get a backup,

    Regards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Go to the Jewelry district in DTLA. The small mom and pop shops are legit and have everything! I used to live across the street from the Staples Center and explored the whole area to find the hidden gems
    Yes,
    Hidden jems !
    Definately will visit those shops.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    being honest, i would carry on no more than3 3.4 oz bottles. most ppl would let you slide with that. if you have more just check them in.also i bought 24k for a bit under 50 bucks from ebay about a month ago
    So i should put them in the baggage that goes
    in the plane's cargo hold, right ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    I'd certainly second this based on my limited experience of the US. DON'T risk picking up anything but the most basic designers there. London Heathrow is another matter, the selection there is excellent.

    Enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to my next one every much!
    Thank you for your advice.

  20. #20
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Sassy Perfume Inc, 523 S. Broadway st Los Angeles CA, 90013

  21. #21

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Take all of the above advice. There won't be anything in Lake Tahoe or any were near The Reno/Tahoe Airport.

  22. #22

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Saks, Barenys, Neiman's,
    Added to my list.
    Are the prices same as they advertise on their
    online stores ?

    So i should put them in the baggage that goes
    in the plane's cargo hold, right ?
    All those Beverly Hills stores tend to sell for full list price. Neiman Marcus is affectionately called "needless markup" by locals. BUT you can return used juice (not really applicable to your situation), and the sales assistants are very generous with samples. Make sure you visit not only the niche counters individually, but also the men's departments as well.

    And yes, I would put your frags in a checked bag that goes in the cargo hold. The policy for carry on bags is, as stated, as many ≤3.4oz/100ml containers that will fit in a 1 quart Ziploc bag, but if there is a last minute policy change, or even a TSA agent having a bad day, do you even want to hassle with it as you're getting on a business flight? Unfortunately, there will probably be some leakage due to air pressure, especially from samples, so make sure they are in a sealed bag like a Ziploc.

    Anyway, the best place for oils I have found so far in LA is:

    The Islamic Center of Southern California gift shop
    434 S. Vermont Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90020
    (213) 382-9200

    IIRC, they are closed Mondays, but if that is the only day you can make it, the nice ladies there may make an exception for you.

    Plus, if you find yourself near a Sephora, and they are everywhere you are going except Tahoe, the nice SAs will gladly make you up to 3 samples in a ~2ml plastic atomizer at each one you stop by. Sure they only carry designers, but they probably have a lot of frags you might not have in India.

    Oh, and welcome to the US! SF is an amazing city. Lake Tahoe is beautiful. And LA has its charms. If you need anything shipped, PM me for my address in Culver City, or as stated, just have stuff shipped to your attention (as "guest") at the last hotel you'll be staying at to allow for slow shipping times. And if you have any LA questions like restaurant recommendations, feel free to ask.
    Please check out the bottles and samples in my swap list.

  23. #23

    Default Re: The United States Of America.

    Skins in Vegas does indeed have Amouage. It's not cheap but you can test there...unfortunately no sample vials though :-(

Similar Threads

  1. Perfumer's alcohol in the united states?
    By LostArgonaut in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27th February 2012, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •