Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 57 of 57
  1. #1
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Just curious as to whether any Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier scents are looked upon fondly by anyone around here (other than me). My main criticism of many of them is that they are a bit on the tame side projection wise, and I have to put on quite a few sprays to get the effect I want.

    I'm very fond of Ed Hardy Men and Christian Audigier for Him, both of which have a bit of strength about them (though Ed Hardy Men makes my wife sneeze). Both Born Wild and Skulls & Roses I think are pretty interesting, though somewhat low in the projection stakes.

    Any thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Renato

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Personally not fond of them - at least the ones I've tried.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I think the women scents are straight up viagra in a bottle. Love smelling Ed Hardy for women on a girl. It's the love and luck women version but I don't think it's called love and luck..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I like the Love & Luck fragrance and think it's very good for a affordable scent.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    It's kind of funky those bottles. Never took it seriously.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I like the Love & Luck fragrance and think it's very good for a affordable scent.
    This, though these days I prefer Unforgivable

  7. #7
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally not fond of them - at least the ones I've tried.
    If you aren't fond of most of them - then wouldn't there have to be an embedded style within them that doesn't agree with you? I can't put my finger on what it is.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    I think the women scents are straight up viagra in a bottle. Love smelling Ed Hardy for women on a girl. It's the love and luck women version but I don't think it's called love and luck..
    Interesting. I've bought a couple of Ed Hardy women's scents for my wife, and she's quite fond of them (which surprised me).
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I like the Love & Luck fragrance and think it's very good for a affordable scent.
    I haven't bought this one yet, though I remember thinking it pretty good when I tested it - must keep an eye out for it, as it's currently not quite as affordable as the others.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    It's kind of funky those bottles. Never took it seriously.
    I sometimes wonder if those bottles aren't a hindrance rather than a help to the actual scents within.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mcurtiss View Post
    This, though these days I prefer Unforgivable
    I wish I could get some longevity out of my Unforgiveable.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  8. #8
    Ken_Russell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sibiu
    Posts
    17,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I do like Love&Luck, this is pretty much their only fragrance I am familiar with.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I received a gift set of four smaller size bottles, but I really don't wear them at all. There's certainly a place in the world for them and I could see how they'd appeal to a relatively specific audience (more teens than anything), but I do find them to have all the same qualities of other uninspired synthetic cheapies -- that sort of mushy, blob scent that's hard to pick notes from, but is definitely recognizable as perfume. I'd agree that Love&Luck is probably the strongest of the bunch, though, so if you haven't tried it Renato, it might be worth tracking down.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I tried Love and Luck when looking for an MI replacement during the "batch variation" Creed era. I recall liking it, but not loving it. And then I tried Unforgivable Multi Platinum, which was so much better I just started wearing only it.

    I think there are better options for the price, but could wear Love & Luck and enjoy it.
    Current Top Ten:

    1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Another fan of Love and Luck. Millesime Imperial clone but not bad at all.

  12. #12
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    -- that sort of mushy, blob scent that's hard to pick notes from, but is definitely recognizable as perfume. I'd agree that Love&Luck is probably the strongest of the bunch...............
    Good description of some of them - I usually have a hard time with notes, but I have a harder time with some of the Ed Hardy scents.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I do like Love&Luck, this is pretty much their only fragrance I am familiar with.

    Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I tried Love and Luck when looking for an MI replacement during the "batch variation" Creed era. I recall liking it, but not loving it. And then I tried Unforgivable Multi Platinum, which was so much better I just started wearing only it.

    I think there are better options for the price, but could wear Love & Luck and enjoy it.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Another fan of Love and Luck. Millesime Imperial clone but not bad at all.
    Thanks guys.
    Judging from your and other responses, Love and Luck seems to be the stand-out scent in the Ed Hardy range for most people.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 27th April 2013 at 05:17 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    They aren't bad. I recall really liking Christian Audigier, but I ended up passing on it.

  14. #14
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    They aren't bad. I recall really liking Christian Audigier, but I ended up passing on it.
    Good to see a scent other than Love & Luck mentioned. I think Christian Audigier a fairly lively scent, and the only one with a more conservative bottle style.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  15. #15
    jcastano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    They're okay. Love & Luck= Unforgivable, Ed Hardy Man= Polo Double Black, Skulls & Roses= Fierce, and well Christian Audigier didn't remind me of anything and was unique and boozy but longevity and sillage were the poorest I've ever encountered. Not a groundbreaking house but still has nice scents.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    So many people seem to really enjoy Love & Luck, but it wears like nothing but fruit water on me. It seems to be missing a base. I've also seen some praise for Villain, but I haven't had the chance to sample that one yet. Lots of these are showing up at Ross.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  17. #17

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Good to see a scent other than Love & Luck mentioned. I think Christian Audigier a fairly lively scent, and the only one with a more conservative bottle style.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Definitely. This one seemed a bit more mature, both in scent profile and bottle design. I was just about to purchase it a while ago, but I had just purchased a bunch of scents and was trying to cut down, otherwise I would have gotten it. It's available for extremely cheap online, so I may end up grabbing it eventually.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    So many people seem to really enjoy Love & Luck, but it wears like nothing but fruit water on me. It seems to be missing a base. I've also seen some praise for Villain, but I haven't had the chance to sample that one yet. Lots of these are showing up at Ross.
    I think you're right about Love & Luck smelling like fruit water, but I think that's what it was aiming for. It really isn't an MI clone at all -- certainly not like Unforgivable Multi Platinum, which is the closest MI scent I've ever tried.

    But Love & Luck is pretty cheap, and you can buy it at drug stores if you're in a pinch and (gasp!) caught without scent.
    Current Top Ten:

    1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

  19. #19

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Another for Love & Luck. Quite liked it, actually, just got really poor projection & longevity out of it. Also didn't find it all that similar to MI to be honest. Still, L&L is definitely a decent frag for the price.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    the original is good as well as projection and sillage

  21. #21
    QWERTYOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bury
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I have love & luck and Ed Hardy man. OK for casual use if i'm sitting around doing nothing all day.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I recently snagged a 4 pack of minis from Marshall's for $14.99. It came with lov and luck, born wild, hearts and daggers, and villain. I don't know what all the negativity about them is coming from. Maybe the tacky clothing?

    Personally this is what I think. They all are a bit linear, and synthetic. BUT they all smell good, above average projection and longevity. Also they can be found almost anywhere for a good price. IMHO, they are one of the best cheapies you can buy.

  23. #23
    bokaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    3,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Never tried them. I saw them on the BBC special, but they don't look promising.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and Luck is a decent scent. The others , not so much.

  25. #25
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and Luck is a good poor man's MI. Great scent for the price. The newer Skulls and Roses is their version of Fierce (it's hard to tell which bottle is worse between the two).
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

  26. #26
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    They're okay. Love & Luck= Unforgivable, Ed Hardy Man= Polo Double Black, Skulls & Roses= Fierce, and well Christian Audigier didn't remind me of anything and was unique and boozy but longevity and sillage were the poorest I've ever encountered. Not a groundbreaking house but still has nice scents.
    I've never smelled Fierce, but that does seem to be a strong concensus about those two being alike. I haven't got Polo Double Black so can't compare, but I remember that it never grabbed me when I tested it the way Ed Hardy Man did.
    Curous how you get poor longevity out of Christian Audigier, it happens.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    So many people seem to really enjoy Love & Luck, but it wears like nothing but fruit water on me. It seems to be missing a base. I've also seen some praise for Villain, but I haven't had the chance to sample that one yet. Lots of these are showing up at Ross.
    I haven't seen Villian yet. Something to look forward too.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Another for Love & Luck. Quite liked it, actually, just got really poor projection & longevity out of it. Also didn't find it all that similar to MI to be honest. Still, L&L is definitely a decent frag for the price.
    I think I'll have a look for it today.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    the original is good as well as projection and sillage
    Someone else who shares my taste on this one.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I have love & luck and Ed Hardy man. OK for casual use if i'm sitting around doing nothing all day.
    I've always thought Ed Hardy man a bit classy to classify as casual - perhaps because it's opening reminds me of some niche scents I'd tried in the past.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  27. #27
    treeman5823
    Guest

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Yes, one of them grabbed me recently. I have contacted my lawyer, and am meeting with him tomorrow to see where I may go from here.

  28. #28
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I recently snagged a 4 pack of minis from Marshall's for $14.99. It came with lov and luck, born wild, hearts and daggers, and villain. I don't know what all the negativity about them is coming from. Maybe the tacky clothing?

    Personally this is what I think. They all are a bit linear, and synthetic. BUT they all smell good, above average projection and longevity. Also they can be found almost anywhere for a good price. IMHO, they are one of the best cheapies you can buy.
    That makes you the most positive poster on this thread.
    Hearts and Daggers has a top not I'm not fond of, but when it's gone I quite like it.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Never tried them. I saw them on the BBC special, but they don't look promising.
    Only one way to really find out.
    Maybe have an Ed Hardy testing day - might be good, might be bad, but wil never be as bad as testing out Secretions Magnifique.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Love and Luck is a decent scent. The others , not so much.
    Obviously their premier scent.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Love and Luck is a good poor man's MI. Great scent for the price. The newer Skulls and Roses is their version of Fierce (it's hard to tell which bottle is worse between the two).
    The Skulls and Roses bottle is fabulous.
    I bought the women's one for my wife for Valentine's Day - first time I've ever bought a rose. It's been a big conversation piece among our friends ever since.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Yes, one of them grabbed me recently. I have contacted my lawyer, and am meeting with him tomorrow to see where I may go from here.
    Given their lack of projection - I really don't think any charge of Battery will hold up.
    Is garishness a criterion worth pursuing?
    Cheers,
    Renato

  29. #29
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and Luck is the only one that holds my eye.

  30. #30
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,035
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Sure they do. By the throat!



  31. #31
    Basenotes Junkie Nosebud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    My mom has dropped two bottles. They definitely are not ergonomic.
    As far as the smell... I have MI so don't need Love & Luck. But if I ever run out I know a good, better priced alternative

  32. #32
    The_Cologneist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I've only tried Christian Audiger (blue bottle with gold crown cap), and Love & Luck. I am not fond of either. CA smelled like a weaker version of Michael Kors for Men (an already superb scent). Love and Luck smells so cheap. I mostly just get the smell of alcohol from it. Or maybe a really cheap vodka. The citrus notes in it are nice enough. Reminds me of a poor version of Lanvin L'Homme.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

  33. #33
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    The best one I've tried is Love and Luck. Sampled Villain awhile back and it was awful. Considering in the price, the Ed Hardy house is actually a nice starter house. I'd put them a tier below Hugo Boss and Lacoste.

  34. #34
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Love and Luck is the only one that holds my eye.
    Thanks. I went looking for it today to test out again, but without success.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Sure they do. By the throat!


    Better than being held by the nostrils!
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    My mom has dropped two bottles. They definitely are not ergonomic.
    As far as the smell... I have MI so don't need Love & Luck. But if I ever run out I know a good, better priced alternative
    That's a different take - and a pretty good point regarding the ergonomics. I'm forever trying not to crush that rose in the Skull and Roses bottle.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I've only tried Christian Audiger (blue bottle with gold crown cap), and Love & Luck. I am not fond of either. CA smelled like a weaker version of Michael Kors for Men (an already superb scent). Love and Luck smells so cheap. I mostly just get the smell of alcohol from it. Or maybe a really cheap vodka. The citrus notes in it are nice enough. Reminds me of a poor version of Lanvin L'Homme.
    Curious - I have Michael Kors and I'm not very fond of it, it really doesn't smell much like Christian Audiger to me.
    Interesting too that we now have quite a few bad raps for Love & Luck.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The best one I've tried is Love and Luck. Sampled Villain awhile back and it was awful. Considering in the price, the Ed Hardy house is actually a nice starter house. I'd put them a tier below Hugo Boss and Lacoste.
    Interesting perspective. Others may disagree, but I think that a fairly high rating you've given the house.
    Now my interest is really piqued in Villain.
    Regards,
    Renato

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I don't know. It's hard for me to think of much to say about Ed Hardy really. Other than the slightly risky bottle design there is what? Fairly well priced half decent scents that kind of resemble better known more expensive fragrances.
    If i came across a dirt cheap bottle on ebay I might grab one on the spur of the moment, but probably not.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and Luck is very nice and affordable. I use to own it but don't have a need to restock it currently.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  37. #37
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I don't know. It's hard for me to think of much to say about Ed Hardy really. Other than the slightly risky bottle design there is what? Fairly well priced half decent scents that kind of resemble better known more expensive fragrances.
    If i came across a dirt cheap bottle on ebay I might grab one on the spur of the moment, but probably not.
    Ah - someone of my own ilk, who gets very tempted by bargains.

    I bought Born Wild the other day quite cheaply, and have worn it twice. It doesn't remind me of any other scent in particular, but has quite surprising longevity - it's still hanging around on me 20 hours later, despite my having a shower in between. Perhaps they're putting more spine into their newer scents?
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Love and Luck is very nice and affordable. I use to own it but don't have a need to restock it currently.
    So, you actually used up a whole bottle of Love & Luck?
    Cheers,
    Renato

  38. #38
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I have never smelt any

  39. #39
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    I have never smelt any
    Is that by design, or because you just haven't gotten around to trying them?
    Regards,
    Renato

  40. #40

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and luck was the only one I sprayed quite liberally like 8-9 sprays. I used it up over 4-5 months.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  41. #41
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Following all the positive comments about Love and Luck in this thread, I tested it in a shop today. My first thought was that it didn't really smell that much like Millesime Imperial. But an hour later I sniffed my wrist again, and it sure did smell like MI to me too.

    Four hours have elapsed, and it's still going strong on my wrist - which is an hour longer than the batch of MI lasted that I tested back in around 2005 (though a more recent batch easily lasted 8 hours).

    On another note, I wore Born Wild again the other day. Projection wise, it was not as strong as I would have liked. But I think I'll have to retract what I said about Ed Hardy scents generally not lasting as long as I'd like. It lasted 24 hours on me!
    Cheers,
    Renato

  42. #42

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Following all the positive comments about Love and Luck in this thread, I tested it in a shop today. My first thought was that it didn't really smell that much like Millesime Imperial. But an hour later I sniffed my wrist again, and it sure did smell like MI to me too.

    Four hours have elapsed, and it's still going strong on my wrist - which is an hour longer than the batch of MI lasted that I tested back in around 2005 (though a more recent batch easily lasted 8 hours).

    On another note, I wore Born Wild again the other day. Projection wise, it was not as strong as I would have liked. But I think I'll have to retract what I said about Ed Hardy scents generally not lasting as long as I'd like. It lasted 24 hours on me!
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I wore Hearts and Daggers on Monday. I sprayed two on the forearm/wrist, one on chest, one on pulse point on neck in the morning. I showered later that day on Monday. I could still smell it on my wrist.

    The amazing thing was on Tuesday, I showered in the morning, got out, dried off, and sniffed my wrist. Guess what, it was still there!!!

    I get great longevity out of Ed Hardy scents. Typically much longer than average. They might not be my favorite scents, but they smell good, are inexpensive, can be found almost everywhere, and last. I find that inexpensive fragrances usually don't last more than a few hours but this is not the case for Ed Hardy.

  43. #43
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I wore Hearts and Daggers on Monday. I sprayed two on the forearm/wrist, one on chest, one on pulse point on neck in the morning. I showered later that day on Monday. I could still smell it on my wrist.

    The amazing thing was on Tuesday, I showered in the morning, got out, dried off, and sniffed my wrist. Guess what, it was still there!!!

    I get great longevity out of Ed Hardy scents. Typically much longer than average. They might not be my favorite scents, but they smell good, are inexpensive, can be found almost everywhere, and last. I find that inexpensive fragrances usually don't last more than a few hours but this is not the case for Ed Hardy.
    That's pretty impressive. As if to mirror your results, the supposedly short lived Love & Luck that I sprayed on my wrist is still going fairly strong after 10 hours.

    Longevity is often a matter of perception. Longevity can be measured till when a person finds it near or totally undetectable. Or it can be measured for how long a scent is "good" for (that it's putting out some sillage, that most others can detect it on you from a close distance etc), and this can become quite subjective. I've got plenty of scents that may last 10 hours - providing I rub my nose against where I sprayed it - but it stopped being good five hours earlier. The most extreme example is Annick Goutals Sables - I measured it lasting on my wrist for four days, but it stopped being "good" over three days earlier.

    Given your comments, I'll revisit Hearts and Daggers tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  44. #44
    KiatBkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    3,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I like Love & Luck for men.
    Current Top 5

    1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

  45. #45
    MFfan310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I smelled Christian Audiger for Men once.

    I consider this fragrance "the poor man's Straight to Heaven". Yes, the ingredients are of lesser quality, the fragrance isn't as refined, and the longevity isn't as good as Straight to Heaven - but at a fraction of the price, it's hard to complain.

    Haven't smelled any of the others.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

  46. #46

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Love and luck is a nice fresh scent, but the longevity is quite poor on my skin.

  47. #47
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Have never given any thought to buying any of them. That being said, on a trip to Macys' a while back I sprayed a couple sprays of Love and Luck on my wrists on the way out. Kept smelling it on the car ride home and really enjoying it. It wound up lasting a good 6 or 7 hrs more on me. If I ever saw a bottle for cheap, I would def buy it. It's just too bad the clothing side of the brand is so gaudy and has been plagued with the unfortunate reputation of being worn by d-bag meatheads.

  48. #48
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I smelled Christian Audiger for Men once.

    I consider this fragrance "the poor man's Straight to Heaven". Yes, the ingredients are of lesser quality, the fragrance isn't as refined, and the longevity isn't as good as Straight to Heaven - but at a fraction of the price, it's hard to complain.

    Haven't smelled any of the others.
    Very interesting. Unfortunately I've never come across any Killian scent.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Love and luck is a nice fresh scent, but the longevity is quite poor on my skin.
    Thanks. A common complaint. The comments about Love & Luck remind me about the longevity comments of Eau Sauvage, where I'm always saying it only lasts 2 hours, and many others swear it lasts 24 hours. I can still just barely smell the Love and Luck I put on my wrist 21 hours ago, despite having had a shower.
    Regards,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Have never given any thought to buying any of them. That being said, on a trip to Macys' a while back I sprayed a couple sprays of Love and Luck on my wrists on the way out. Kept smelling it on the car ride home and really enjoying it. It wound up lasting a good 6 or 7 hrs more on me. If I ever saw a bottle for cheap, I would def buy it. It's just too bad the clothing side of the brand is so gaudy and has been plagued with the unfortunate reputation of being worn by d-bag meatheads.
    I must admit I didn't even know it was a clothing company when I first saw Ed Hardy Man. Curiously, the only person I've ever seen wearing something with Ed Hardy on it was on TV - a well known local former underworld character.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  49. #49
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    The original Ed hardy is a pretty decent scent I have gotten a compliment on it once. Born wild is a different scent in itself I have received compliments on that as well and hearts and daggers make the women go wild lol....We were in a target store a few days ago and these women passed me and they noticed my wife standing by so they asked her what I was wearing. They told her how great I smelt. My favorite of the line is hearts and daggers.

  50. #50
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    The original Ed hardy is a pretty decent scent I have gotten a compliment on it once. Born wild is a different scent in itself I have received compliments on that as well and hearts and daggers make the women go wild lol....We were in a target store a few days ago and these women passed me and they noticed my wife standing by so they asked her what I was wearing. They told her how great I smelt. My favorite of the line is hearts and daggers.
    Fascinating observations thanks. Did your wife perhaps suggest you wear something else?
    I note that in the Fragrantica reviews, there are women who seem to be totally smitten by one or other of the Ed Hardy scents.
    Cheers,
    Renato

  51. #51
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Fascinating observations thanks. Did your wife perhaps suggest you wear something else?
    I note that in the Fragrantica reviews, there are women who seem to be totally smitten by one or other of the Ed Hardy scents.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    No I think she likes the fact she has a good smelling husband lol now if they start ripping off my clothes after they smell me we might have a problem lol

  52. #52
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    No I think she likes the fact she has a good smelling husband lol now if they start ripping off my clothes after they smell me we might have a problem lol
    I think she deserves a nice bottle of a feminine Ed Hardy scent for that!
    Cheers,
    Renato

  53. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Ah - someone of my own ilk, who gets very tempted by bargains.

    I bought Born Wild the other day quite cheaply, and have worn it twice. It doesn't remind me of any other scent in particular, but has quite surprising longevity - it's still hanging around on me 20 hours later, despite my having a shower in between. Perhaps they're putting more spine into their newer scents?
    Cheers,
    Renato

    - - - Updated - - -



    So, you actually used up a whole bottle of Love & Luck?
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I'll keep that in mind.
    Well I guess I'll grab a bottle of Hearts and Daggers or Love And Luck if a real bargain comes up. I quite like MI but wouldn't dream of paying Creed prices for it.

  54. #54

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I recently snagged a 4 pack of minis from Marshall's for $14.99. It came with lov and luck, born wild, hearts and daggers, and villain.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for that. It's also on Amazon for $24.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  55. #55
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    I enjoyed love and luck but of course the low projection and longevity did it in for me. If you ask me to pick two out of the whole line it would be hearts and daggers and gone wild. I did like the christian audiger in the blue bottle but i dont think that is part of the ed hardy line

  56. #56
    MFfan310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    A friend of mine was wearing Love & Luck to one of our meetings. I have to agree with the similarities to MI and its kin, and it smelled really good on him.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

  57. #57
    Dependent Possum-Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Near Gettysburg
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Ed Hardy Scents - Do They Grab Anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally not fond of them - at least the ones I've tried.
    horribly gaudy bottle and the generic smell, I can't say I'm fond of them either...
    It's like they brought in a heard of pre-teens and asked which scent was their favorite, which bottle design they liked...
    For Sale: Gengis Kahn, Mona d' Orio, Penhaligons.

Similar Threads

  1. Grab Bag Results Are In!
    By Buysblind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10th August 2012, 01:17 AM
  2. Name a fragrance I NEED to grab thats different than what I have:)
    By TheRomantic in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21st March 2009, 12:57 PM
  3. Harsh Notes:Do They Ever Grab You?
    By scentsitivity in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29th June 2008, 12:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •