Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Just sampled: "Bentley for Men"

Where can I get a sample of this (and also the EDT)?

Edt = less incense
    Edp = more incense

Finally received Intense via international mail. It is lovely stuff. As others have noted, it's easily "niche quality." Reminds me of a smooth, less edgy version of SL Ambre Sultan. One of my best buys of the season, a blind buy based on BN commentary. Big thank you to the BN gang. Your expert guidance is right on, as always.

Good advice to all: buy it now, while it's somewhat readily available. This one bears every mark of soon-to-be collectible, valuable, and rare.

Did I mention beautiful packaging? Both box and bottle - very, very nice nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Where can I get a sample of this (and also the EDT)?
    As best I can tell, nowhere. If you find a source please let me know and I'll do the same. I'd really like to try them.

You can get samples here. It takes 2-3 weeks for delivery (as they are out of Poland), but it will eventually get there. They also sell on eBay and have the cheapest price the last time I looked.

http://harvestoffragrances.com/en/se...&orderway=desc
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    You can get samples here. It takes 2-3 weeks for delivery (as they are out of Poland), but it will eventually get there. They also sell on eBay and have the cheapest price the last time I looked.

http://harvestoffragrances.com/en/se...&orderway=desc
    Have you personally used them? Just want to be sure they're legit.

Yes, I used them. They are legit, but just realize that the shipping is slow. But it was the only place I found that provided samples of both, and I wasn't going to buy blind.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Thanks Red. I'll give them a go.

check iparfumerie.de / iparfumerie.at ; the intense is 45 euros, and the edt starts at 33 euros from what i remember. I saw this site mentioned here in the forums at Germany section. But i don't know if they send worldwide but its worth to ask. From what i can tell from the graphics and interface of the site, it is an european seller present in more countries (based in Czech Republic); same site, similar prices in Romania: aoro.ro (in Romania however there have been complaints of fakes sent in case of very known designers such as Versace, D&G, Gucci etc). I personally ordered from them only Lalique, Lanvin, Cerruti, Dunhill, Aramis (less known/promoted brands) and everything was fine.

Thank you so much Monsieur André Moreau, without this thread I probably wouldn' t have known about this fragrance existence !

Thanks a lot to each and everyone of the participants to this thread, greatly appreciated !

I took advantage of a trip to France to (blind) buy it and I am glad I did...it's very different to anything I own and I love it !

Well, like the other high end car manufacturer fragrances, maybe we'll see them popping up on discounter shelves within a year. May give it a whirl then.

..............Soooooo, because it is labelled as a car manufacturer, the fragrance is not good??????
    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Anyone know how/where I can order a sample of this fragrance in Europe...?

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Have you personally used them? Just want to be sure they're legit.
    They are very legit and for a excellent price of $84.00 shipped for 3.4oz. I will buy the EDT from them next.

Okay forget about sampling, anyone know where I can order this in Europe with shipping to the Netherlands...?

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Okay forget about sampling, anyone know where I can order this in Europe with shipping to the Netherlands...?
    Here you go:
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/BENTLEY-FOR-M...-/321176990343
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Thanks for the tip döfä91. Ordered it from eBay, but at an even better price: 45 euros... Hope it lives up to the 'hype', don't usually blindbuy...
    Last edited by Daze; 23rd November 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Mailman tried to deliver my samples this afternoon apparently but I was away. Parcel was sent registered mail so it must be signed for so now I have to wait till Monday. Crap.

Chili! D'oh!!! I hate when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1 View Post
    Well, like the other high end car manufacturer fragrances, maybe we'll see them popping up on discounter shelves within a year. May give it a whirl then.
    Boy I hope so. If Bentley Intense showed up at a discounter, I'd probably snatch it up. This is very good stuff. I've sampled Bentley For Men also, and that's quite nice, but the incense in the Intense version gives it more of an edge. After a few hours, the two scents do end up smelling pretty similar... but the incense in Bentley Intense really does something for me.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I've sampled Bentley For Men also, and that's quite nice, but the incense in the Intense version gives it more of an edge. After a few hours, the two scents do end up smelling pretty similar... but the incense in Bentley Intense really does something for me.
    Agree completely. The dry downs are very similar, but getting there is much more fun with the Intense version. I really have no desire to buy the EDT.

Agree completely. The dry downs are very similar, but getting there is much more fun with the Intense version. I really have no desire to buy the EDT.
    And while you and I agree on this, I can definitely see how Bentley For Men could appeal more to some. By the way, it's not an EDT and an EDP. I believe they're both EDT. The difference is less in the concentration and more in the ingredients of the composition. Bentley For Men might be a bit more versatile, and I can definitely see why some would prefer it, but man oh man, Bentley Intense impressed me from the very first sniff.

EDT is a decent scent. Intense is a very good scent. Neither are "great" in my book. Would I pay $125 for Intense again? Probably not. In all honesty, it's about a $75 scent to me. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Mailman tried to deliver my samples this afternoon apparently but I was away. Parcel was sent registered mail so it must be signed for so now I have to wait till Monday. Crap.
    Going to be a long weekend!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    By the way, it's not an EDT and an EDP. I believe they're both EDT.
    You may have to change your beliefs.......The Intense is an EDP.

Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Going to be a long weekend!
    Even longer than you think. Went to the post office this morning to pick up my package. Came home and unwrapped 1 sample of Bentley For Men edt and 1 sample of....... Mercedez Benz Intense :-\. WTF?!?! I hoped that the sample vial was simply mislabeled so I applied some to my hand. Definitely NOT mislabeled. It smells of a horrifically cheap and synthetic aquatic. I sent them a message asking them to send the correct sample as soon as possible and I am going to assume that they will do just that. I'll let you guys know.

Well just checking in on this thread again as I have only had this fragrance for a week or so. I wore it yesterday with my normal spritzes and I had numerous questions asking what I was wearing. From morning worship, afternoon lunch and then shopping in our local mall the compliments kept on coming, I feel like I actually hit the jackpot with this one and is quickly growing as my most reached for scent. I really do love this one and after a couple of wears seems to get better with time. A excellent blind buy for a great price in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Epic.
    You like it?! lol

The Hype is killing me...

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    You may have to change your beliefs.......The Intense is an EDP.
    Well...not necessarily...

While BFM Intense is clearly labeled as an EdP, at 15% perfume concentration it stands on the "lighter" side of the Eaux de Parfum IMO.

I already noticed after a few wears that I may be more liberal when I apply it than I would with LIDGE or DHI (and I believe that goes beyond sprayers differences)...which is fine by me. I hope it will allow me for more versatility and more wearability in the warmer weather (perhaps).

As always, YMMV and I am just beginning to know this wonderful fragrance...

Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post

I already noticed after a few wears that I may be more liberal when I apply it than I would with LIDGE or DHI (and I believe that goes beyond sprayers differences)
    I wouldn't recommend over-applying Bentley intense at all .

Funny you mention LIDGE, because Bentley intense is very similar in performance to it : It might come off as weak during the first 3-4 hours, but once the incense/woods drydown hits the stage, that thing will project and send whiffs your way with every single move you make, exactly like LIDGE does.

I learned that the hard way when i over applied it during one wearing. The drydown gave me a headache .

Trust me, less is more with Bentley intense
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Well just checking in on this thread again as I have only had this fragrance for a week or so. I wore it yesterday with my normal spritzes and I had numerous questions asking what I was wearing. From morning worship, afternoon lunch and then shopping in our local mall the compliments kept on coming, I feel like I actually hit the jackpot with this one and is quickly growing as my most reached for scent. I really do love this one and after a couple of wears seems to get better with time. A excellent blind buy for a great price in my humble opinion.
    How many sprays did you use? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    I wouldn't recommend over-applying Bentley intense at all .

Funny you mention LIDGE, because Bentley intense is very similar in performance to it : It might come off as weak during the first 3-4 hours, but once the incense/woods drydown hits the stage, that thing will project and send whiffs your way with every single move you make, exactly like LIDGE does.

I learned that the hard way when i over applied it during one wearing. The drydown gave me a headache .

Trust me, less is more with Bentley intense
    Extremely interesting and much appreciated tdwctdwc ! Nice Review of yours on F. !

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    How many sprays did you use? Just curious.
    My norm is three to the chest but this one I tone it down a bit to two especially when around family gatherings, work or Church. It seems to project more than I realized at first. It is sweet. I wonder how this stacks up to the EDT version?

My norm is three to the chest but this one I tone it down a bit to two especially when around family gatherings, work or Church. It seems to project more than I realized at first. It is sweet. I wonder how this stacks up to the EDT version?
    Thanks. The EDT is weaker and more subtle. I owned it for about a week when I decided I did not need both. Lasting power is good with the EDT, but it was very quiet on me. I'm a three spray man myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Thanks. The EDT is weaker and more subtle. I owned it for about a week when I decided I did not need both. Lasting power is good with the EDT, but it was very quiet on me. I'm a three spray man myself.
    That is very good to know. The Intense version will last me quite along time so it makse perfect sense to not basically duplicate it for a thinner version. Are you experiencing the projection to be so bold as I do? After a four hour spell it still has a dynamic effect to others around me. I think I over did it with three sprays the first time as it was very potent on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    The Intense is an EDP.
    Ah, I didn't realize that. Good to know! Still, there's far more that's different about these two scents than just the concentration. The incense in Bentley Intense really changes the composition - for the better, in my opinion. Bentley for men is very nice, but Bentley Intense is outstanding. The incense makes a world of difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Well...not necessarily...

While BFM Intense is clearly labeled as an EdP, at 15% perfume concentration it stands on the "lighter" side of the Eaux de Parfum IMO.
    I noticed this as well, sort of. I noticed that Bentley For Men and Bentley Intense both seemed pretty close in terms of how long they wear on my skin, and I noticed that they both end up smelling similar after a few hours, but the openings are remarkably different, with the incense in Bentley Intense giving it a darker and perhaps edgier feel. It's quite compelling.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 25th November 2013 at 07:20 PM.

That is very good to know. The Intense version will last me quite along time so it makse perfect sense to not basically duplicate it for a thinner version. Are you experiencing the projection to be so bold as I do? After a four hour spell it still has a dynamic effect to others around me. I think I over did it with three sprays the first time as it was very potent on my skin.
    Not at all. Three is just right IMHO.

I wish the finely crafted bottle was refillable. Shame that it's just another crimp-on, given all the workmanship that went into it.
    Last edited by cytherian; 26th November 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Car included with purchase?
    No, but the EDT can be found with a cool keyring.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

I received my bottle a few days ago and I'm liking it a lot..
    Thanks for the recommendation you all..
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

I will just wait till it hits Fragrancenet of FragranceX ,

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Definitely not something scarce right now. And I'm also hopeful it'll make it there and be discounted through other venues as the euphoria wears off. The market is so saturated with interesting fragrances.

I wore 3 sprays of Intense today and I am really enjoying it. Very uplifting on a dreary, rainy day.

Where are you guys finding this? are there any retailers selling it? Id like to go try it out without waiting 2 weeks for an online sample...any suggestions on where to find this in store would be great, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    Where are you guys finding this? are there any retailers selling it? Id like to go try it out without waiting 2 weeks for an online sample...any suggestions on where to find this in store would be great, thanks.
    Don't know of any physical store in the US that has this on hand to test. Many people are getting it from this vendor - the intense and non intense:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bentley-INTENS...or+men+intense

http://www.amazon.com/Bentley-Toilette-Natural-Spray-3-4oz/dp/B00DCSH4HO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1385569209&sr=8-5&keywords=Bentley+for+men

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks Hednic! I knew I could count on you to respond quickly

Thanks Hednic! I knew I could count on you to respond quickly
    Also, as an alternative Harvest of Fragrance is another reputable site from Poland on EBAY. My Intense 3.4oz was $84.00 with free shipping. When I look back it took only 10 days to ship so that wasn't to bad. I feel you will really like this scent it's a good one.

Basenotes Plus

Yup, I got it through Amazon, sold by Notre Dame De Paris Perfumes, free shipping - arrived within 3 business days. Excellent packaging and everything worked out great. So this is probably the best place you can get Bentley Intense from here in the US, and fast, too. They carry the regular Bentley as well, if you are interested in that other option.

Thanks guys. Did everyone just blind buy then?

Also, as an alternative Harvest of Fragrance is another reputable site from Poland on EBAY. My Intense 3.4oz was $84.00 with free shipping.
    It's the same company. After I bought my samples from "Harvest of Fragrance" online, I recognized the other name they go by on eBay (mtinternational). Their store front on their eBay page is "Harvest of Fragrance".

Have you noticed someone is now selling it for $61.00 on eBay? Someone out of Paris, France and their feedback's not bad. They have been selling on eBay since 2005. Now THAT'S a crazy price!

It's the same company. After I bought my samples from "Harvest of Fragrance" online, I recognized the other name they go by on eBay (mtinternational). Their store front on their eBay page is "Harvest of Fragrance".

Have you noticed someone is now selling it for $61.00 on eBay? Someone out of Paris, France and their feedback's not bad. They have been selling on eBay since 2005. Now THAT'S a crazy price!
    No I haven't but I'm over the moon for the price I paid and how good this smells and the longevity is just icing on the cake. One of the best of 2013. I bet those Lubbock ladies are enjoying the aroma.

When my e-mail came in it was mtinternational. What did you think of the package wrapped in so much tape? It took me forever to get the thing open

One of the best of 2013. I bet those Lubbock ladies are enjoying the aroma.
    LOL....that made me laugh out loud about the Lubbock ladies. I agree with it being one of the best of 2013. Some say it reminds them of Tauer's LDDM. It did me when I first sampled it. How about you?

When my e-mail came in it was mtinternational. What did you think of the package wrapped in so much tape? It took me forever to get the thing open
    I only bought my samples from "Harvest of Fragrance" and yes, even THOSE had excessive tape! I think they also deliver ONLY with "Signature required" for some reason, which is kind of odd. I wound up buying my full bottle from the company off Amazon, but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with Harvest of Fragrance (mtinternational) out of Poland. There was nothing at all to complain about that I could see.

Yes JJ, I did but based on many basenoters recommendations.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=RedRaider430;3003034]LOL....that made me laugh out loud about the Lubbock ladies. I agree with it being one of the best of 2013. Some say it reminds them of Tauer's LDDM. It did me when I first sampled it. How about you?

I really want to get the Tauer offering but sadly I still haven't done it just yet. It seems like it's in my top five and then I get on here and buy something like Bentley Intense due to the cult like following and rework my top five it seems like it's always in flux. Oh well.

Yes JJ, I did but based on many Basenoters recommendations.
    Same here. As I knew nothing about this, the highly positive reviews from people here convinced me.
    (908)

Me too, JJMAN, there was no place where I could sample it as I was traveling in France last month, so I bought it blind...but thanks to André's recommendation and each and everyone of the participants to this thread I decided it was worth taking my chances for something not easy at all to locate... Very glad I did !!!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

I blind bought the intense version on eBay based on the comments I read here and I am very glad of this purchase! 2 sprays and I enjoy it until next day !

Can be had for £46.10, including £8 postage from France, now. Prices already getting more reasonable.

I blind bought Bentley Intense today on Ebay , 40% Black Friday special ( only 1 day) , I am sharing the link with you guys. Seller is legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Inte...-/190975866558

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I didnt have to wait too long LOL