Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Just sampled: "Bentley for Men"

I got one, at that price is ok. Hope I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    I blind bought Bentley Intense today on Ebay , 40% Black Friday special ( only 1 day) , I am sharing the link with you guys. Seller is legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Inte...-/190975866558
    Congrats on getting a great scent at a great price!
    (957)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I blind bought Bentley Intense today on Ebay , 40% Black Friday special ( only 1 day) , I am sharing the link with you guys. Seller is legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Inte...-/190975866558

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt have to wait too long LOL
    Thanks for the link! -- I just bought one too. Been holding off since I think it will smell a lot like Idole, which I already own, but for that price, what the heck.

Wow! That is $20.00 cheaper than I got it for. Fabulous price for a gem of a fragrance.

I think I just snapped up the last one! Hoo rah for blind buying!

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    Great Move. How bout them Lions.

I'm not getting too excited, they're starting to play like a normal team should...

A nice early Christmas gift to yourself!
    (960)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Well I got an email in the morning , about this, its almost as if the fragrance gods heard me haha because finding this fragrance at a deal was impossible. I purchased it within 1 minute lool. I thought I should inform other basenoters about it earn some good karma lol.

Well I got an email in the morning , about this, its almost as if the fragrance gods heard me haha because finding this fragrance at a deal was impossible. I purchased it within 1 minute lool. I thought I should inform other basenoters about it earn some good karma lol.
    You jumped on it at the right moment as did the others who got in on the deal. The same seller had the non-intense version also for a steep sale at around $52 for the 1 day, and now it's back to $112.
    (966)

From $65 back up to $108? I'll say you got a great deal! Congrats!
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

You are the man. I literally got the last one!

You are the man. I literally got the last one!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You jumped on it at the right moment as did the others who got in on the deal. The same seller had the non-intense version also for a steep sale at around $52 for the 1 day, and now it's back to $112.
    (966)
    Yes ! I jumped on it within a minute. Once in a blue moon, you do get these lucky deals on Ebay Hednic.

Well, I've now ordered the intense version - blind. Until a couple of days ago, I wasn't even aware that there were Bentley fragrances. Then I started seeing them mentioned here frequently - especially Intense. Hook, line and sinker! Certainly not the first time in my long Basenotes history.

Based on the descriptions, it should be right down my alley. Will report back...
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Received mine yesterday. Slightly disappointed actually, however I've only tested it on my hand. Smelled ok but nothing special at all, kinda generic smokey ambery/vanillac scent with a very faint kinda artificial leather note. Reminded me a little of Dirty English and even Zirh Ikon, both fragrances I don't really like. Longevity is just ok, projection not that good on me. After a couple of hours I really had to press my nose to my skin to smell it... However, when I smelled the traces of it on the sleeve of my shirt this morning I really liked it, it reminded me a little of Tauer's LDDM... So, I'm definitely going to give it a proper full wearing before giving it the final judgement...

Oh, and the bottle looks really nice and feels heavy. However the metal top part of the bottle feels kinda cheap imo, it feels/sounds pretty thin and hollow. And when i received the bottle it was even slightly loose from the bottom part of the bottle, I had to press it really hard to kinda fix it but it still feels pretty fragile... But it looks really nice...

Which did you receive? the EDT or the EDP (Intense)?

Default Just sampled: "Bentley for Men"

I just tried this a couple of days ago myself. I don't think it's in the database yet, but here are some thoughts I posted elsewhere:

I'd been hearing so much praise about this that I admit to being somewhat skeptical as to how good it could possibly be. Well, it is extremely good, although it's not entirely my cup of tea.

For a designer perfume, this is extraordinarily high spec. Others have compared it to Idole because of the slight rum note (which I think is the geranium), but I didn't find it to be that close to the Lubin, personally. However, it shares a lot of attributes with Olfactive's Chambre Noire, to the point where a wrist to wrist comparison denotes only subtle differences (the Olfactive is more lactonic whereas the Bentley has some cedar sharpness). What they share is a patchouli that's merged with bay leaf (in Chambre Noire, it's merged with papyrus) that presents an accord somewhere between a lipstick iris and camphor.

But where this shines the most is in the blend, which is absolutely stunning. It's so well put together, and the notes are integrated seamlessly for a smooth, comfortable journey. For me personally, this is what pushes it in the direction of a little too formal / safe in that in order to achieve such a robust blend, the leather and incense are somewhat subdued, and the resins are present but tough to isolate. On one hand, this is a wise move as it increases the mass appeal of the scent considerably; but on the other, it might be a bit of a letdown for those of you who are on the lookout for the next, best incense. This is exceptional, objectively speaking, but there's little in the way of a challenge—it's a very easy ride.

The one complaint I do have is that despite its relatively long lifespan, around the four or five hour mark, a middling stock musk base crawls onto the scene and stays dominant for the remainder of the trip. Given how impressive the opening is, it felt like a bit of a deflation to smell the same stock base that I've smelled in a slew of other scents.

But with that one minor quibble aside, for a designer scent, this is about as good as it gets. So if you loved Chambre Noire, or perhaps you want something that stands out from its shelf-mates but doesn't cause any offense, this might be worth exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    Which did you receive? the EDT or the EDP (Intense)?
    The EDP (intense)

Banned
    Blog Entries

It is now available for 75 dollars-Intense Version on Ebay for those who missed out
    Seller has 4 available which will be 0 soon..

Just got my 65$ bottle today. I was going to create another Bentley thread, but decided against it. My initial opinion.....very well done. I can see why this might be the favorite for best scent of 2013. Considering I blind bought it, I am very glad I did. It's sweet at the same time peppery and deep, smoky-very nice fall/cold weather fragrance. At the price I scored it for, I am very impressed. The bottle is very nice and heavy, also well done. And I did receive the EDP (intense)

Just got my 65$ bottle today. I was going to create another Bentley thread, but decided against it. My initial opinion.....very well done. I can see why this might be the favorite for best scent of 2013. Considering I blind bought it, I am very glad I did. It's sweet at the same time peppery and deep, smoky-very nice fall/cold weather fragrance. At the price I scored it for, I am very impressed. The bottle is very nice and heavy, also well done. And I did receive the EDP (intense)
    Glad you like it. Enjoy it!
    (1206)

To me this and Hemmingway are going back and forth for my best 2013 scent. Both blinders with Basenote raves and both excellent fragrances. Thanks to all your reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Received mine yesterday. Slightly disappointed actually, however I've only tested it on my hand. Smelled ok but nothing special at all, kinda generic smokey ambery/vanillac scent with a very faint kinda artificial leather note. Reminded me a little of Dirty English and even Zirh Ikon, both fragrances I don't really like. Longevity is just ok, projection not that good on me. After a couple of hours I really had to press my nose to my skin to smell it... However, when I smelled the traces of it on the sleeve of my shirt this morning I really liked it, it reminded me a little of Tauer's LDDM... So, I'm definitely going to give it a proper full wearing before giving it the final judgement...

Oh, and the bottle looks really nice and feels heavy. However the metal top part of the bottle feels kinda cheap imo, it feels/sounds pretty thin and hollow. And when i received the bottle it was even slightly loose from the bottom part of the bottle, I had to press it really hard to kinda fix it but it still feels pretty fragile... But it looks really nice...
    You've just summed up all my worries, now I'll never blind buy this lol.

What also made me a little careful, I only know Encre Noire (nice but can grate at times) and Carbone (just ok, didn't like it for long) by this perfumer.

It was definitely worth 65$ for me. I've gotten compliments all day on first wear.

Surrender to chance have samples of this now.

http://surrendertochance.com/bentley-for-men-intense/
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Which stores sells this? I went to Sephora and Saks Fifth and they both said they dont sell this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Which stores sells this? I went to Sephora and Saks Fifth and they both said they dont sell this.
    No idea, but judging from this thread, it seems most people got it from Amazon.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

No Brick & Mortar store I'm aware of. Many people bought it from this seller:

http://www.amazon.com/Bentley-INTENS...or+men+intense

(1756)

Its available locally.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    No idea, but judging from this thread, it seems most people got it from Amazon.
    Mine I actually got from a EBAY vendor from Poland for at that time was $85.00 with free shipping. Of course the $65.00 one was a great steal for this gem.

Got a sample of this via a very kind BN'er. It's... middle of the road for me. Will give it a full wearing shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Its available locally.
    You're lucky. Your area always seems to have products that never seem to show up elsewhere with any regularity!
    (1765)

You're lucky. Your area always seems to have products that never seem to show up elsewhere with any regularity!
    (1765)
    Look at this hednic

for swap/sale:

And it would have to be about one of my favorite houses. That's like throwing salt on an open wound!
    (1771)

And it would have to be about one of my favorite houses. That's like throwing salt on an open wound!
    (1771)
    More incentive for you to visit me in the UAE!

for swap/sale:

What site is recommended to obtain this Bentley juice at best comfortable price , that ships conus for free?????
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    What site is recommended to obtain this Bentley juice at best comfortable price , that ships conus for free?????
    I haven't heard or read any complaints from Basenoters who ordered it from this seller yet. Shipping is fast, however not free. Perhaps on Ebay you can find it cheaper with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Bentley-INTENS...or+men+intense

(1775)

Last edited by hednic; 18th December 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Basenotes Member

Just got Intense version today. Opening is quite similar to Jubilation XXV. Dry down is a bit effervescent.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRiider View Post
    Just got Intense version today. Opening is quite similar to Jubilation XXV. Dry down is a bit effervescent.
    Was your overall impression favorable?
    (1799)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by StormRiider View Post
    I own and like both, but I do not find these two to be all that similar. JubXXV dry down is, to my nose, much more refined and enjoyable. Bentley Intense does "fizz out" a bit after the amazing opening, but it stays with you strongly until the end. Both are great, and both last 12+ hours, no problem.

Enjoy your new bottle - it may take you a few wearings to really "get" the complex simplicity of it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My first time sampling it-my SOTD
    Similar to GPH initially with a softer drydown

I have taken Bentley Intense for a couple of test runs and I'm still not getting the hype. Admittedly, my expectations were seriously up there so it was an uphill climb from the start. Not giving up on it yet but definitely not ready to join the chorus.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I have taken Bentley Intense for a couple of test runs and I'm still not getting the hype. Admittedly, my expectations were seriously up there so it was an uphill climb from the start. Not giving up on it yet but definitely not ready to join the chorus.
    It's totally unadventurous, perhaps even a little dull, but the blend (at least upfront) I find to be exceptional. It's not my cup of tea, but I could see why so many people would dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Surrender to chance have samples of this now.

http://surrendertochance.com/bentley-for-men-intense/
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered a sample.

I'm a big fan of Idole de Lubin. Let's see if Bentley Intense can match Idole's smoothness.

Bought it blind. I don't think it's a bad fragrance, but I don't find it anywhere near the quality of Lubin Idole EDP, which it seems similar to. I would recommend people try the Lubin if they have not done so.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post

I'm a big fan of Idole de Lubin. Let's see if Bentley Intense can match Idole's smoothness.
    It doesn't. Not to me. If you are already a fan of Idole, I am guessing you will be a little disappointed.

I find the EDT to be a far superior scent, and just may last as long on some people. My wife likes sweet scents but said the EDP was far too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    It's totally unadventurous, perhaps even a little dull, but the blend (at least upfront) I find to be exceptional. It's not my cup of tea, but I could see why so many people would dig it.
    Kind of agree to this...I had dabbed a drop of NK incense on my right hand before venturing out yesterday, in the night the package with Bentley had arrived, so i took a spray of this on my left hand. It was nice, but not exceptional - i would think it's worth the money i spent on it though...Overall happy, safe office scent. I did expect more, based on the postings.

Oh, I could smell the NK today morning, but the Bentley wasn't there...

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    It doesn't. Not to me. If you are already a fan of Idole, I am guessing you will be a little disappointed.
    Giving Bentley Intense a full wearing for the first time in the office, today. The opening is nice. But, about 20 mins. later, in the middle stage, it develops roughly and the notes get all over the place.

I'm sticking with the very smooth Idole de Lubin EDT.

Tried this a few times from a sample, and like others here, I'm not impressed. The opening is lively, though it reminds me of a cleaning product (I think one of the non-standard varieties of Windex, actually), leading me to suspect they share an aromachemical in common. It's not a bad smell, but the association is there for me. After that, it got really quiet and sort of vaguely woody-ambery, and not very interesting. I never got an incense note, either (and I've been trying a lot of frankincense-featuring stuff recently -- olibanum kick).

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    I find the EDT to be a far superior scent, and just may last as long on some people. My wife likes sweet scents but said the EDP was far too sweet.
    I also prefer the edt (but not by far)--my wife, however, doesn't like either of them, some note in them consistently bugs her... I don't get it, we usually have the same taste in fragrances. Incidentally, the edt lasts longer on me than the edp.

EDP is my favorite new scent of 2013. Easily.

I've sampled the intense version. I love the top and heart notes, but the base flirts with becoming cloyingly sweet.
    Last edited by Oproust; 31st December 2013 at 01:30 AM.

Tried this for the first time yesterday. Very impressed - boozy, suede, leather, amber, rum thing - very masculine and quite traditional. Not trying to be modern but very well contructed

Been comparing the EDT and EDP.

I think I prefer the lighter EDT - it has more of an original vibe than the EDP which seems very traditional, more cedar and woody/incense in comparison. The EDT has more heady and vibrant mid and top notes IMO. Both great though...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Been comparing the EDT and EDP.

I think I prefer the lighter EDT - it has more of an original vibe than the EDP which seems very traditional, more cedar and woody/incense in comparison. The EDT has more heady and vibrant mid and top notes IMO. Both great though...
    Absolutely agree with your assessment.