Code of Conduct

Question Which one in woody-spicy family would you consider masterpiece/groundbreaking

Hi there!

I'm in want seems to be my woody/spicy phase. I just bought Oscar for men, and even if it's not THE stellar one, I'm really liking it.
    Since the word "groundbreaking" is often used when refering to the like-no-other-one-never-done-before frag, to sum things up, so which one (or more) do you really consider... off the hook

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Cheers!

Default Re: Which one in woody-spicy family would you consider masterpiece/groundbreaking

Terre D' Hermes

MDCI - Invasion Barbare
    Creed - Royal oud (this is what creed wood & spice should have been)

Default Re: Which one in woody-spicy family would you consider masterpiece/groundbreaking

For its uniqueness, CdG 2Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Letitbenose View Post
    Hi there!

I'm in want seems to be my woody/spicy phase. I just bought Oscar for men, and even if it's not THE stellar one, I'm really liking it.
    Since the word "groundbreaking" is often used when refering to the like-no-other-one-never-done-before frag, to sum things up, so which one (or more) do you really consider... off the hook

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Cheers!
    Gucci Pour Homme 1 for me

Thank you guys!
    Am I allowed to add "and why?" to my OP

Aedes de Venustas
    Eight and Bob
    Clice Christian X

Gucci Pour Homme 1 and I'm surprised no one said M7

Egoiste
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

For woodyness (?woodiness) I would say GPH I - super-sharp pencil shavings and hot resins, but such a shame it doesn't last long. Norne, Bois d'Asces and Dior Jules are good choices also.

I'm not a massive fan of "spice", as to me that means cumin, which smells very sweaty. I don't mind saffron, coriander or cardamom but they are hard to find in good fragrances, I feel. If anyone has any suggestions...

Gengis Khan as it will be available again very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    grt to hear abt this, have been waiting to buy one...

Terre d'Hermes, both EDT & Pure Parfum
    Egoiste
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Hallelujah!

Jacomo de jacomo and Clive Christian C
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2-Guerlain Heritage
    3- Chez Bond
    4- Amouage Dia
    5- New York oud
    6 34 st Germaine boulevard by Diptyque
    7- by killian Pure Oud
    8- coromandel by Chanel
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Clive Christian X

Bois du Portugal

Many masterpieces. Many groundbreaking. Not many of both.

D&G The One
    Gucci Pour Homme I
    Egoiste
    Terre d'Hermes
    Dirty English
    Bois Marocain

treeman5823

L'Air du Desert Marocain and Timbuktu are masterpieces in this family.

Genghis khan? same formula?

Spicy woody groundbreaking has to be Comme des Garcons Sequoia

+ 1 Clive Christian X and Creed Royal Oud

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain and Timbuktu are masterpieces in this family.
    +1 for LddM, although leans a long way into the spicy family rather than woody imo.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

GPH I, Ego´ste (the original), Creed Bois du Portugal, Clive Christian X, Amouage Interlude Man.

Banned
    Blog Entries

gph and avignon

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    grt to hear abt this, have been waiting to buy one...
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcG View Post
    Hallelujah!
    Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    Genghis khan? same formula?
    Received a personal e-mail from Marc de la Morandiere today. He has a few example bottles of the new finished product that came off the production line in the new bottle packaging. He said this will be available to the public at large, at the beginning of July. The price he said will be the same as before - 100 Euros for 100ml. I declined his offer to purchase the newly produced product as I still have more than 300ml of the old stuff and told him I'd reconsider it when it becomes available in July.
    Just thought I'd share.

Amouage Memoir

Idole (Lubin) and Songe d'un Bois d'Ete (Guerlain) are the two that spring to mind for me. Perhaps Ropions recent one for Costume National, as well.

Cartier Declaration, Rose 31, Gucci pour Homme (2003), maybe Amouage Epic Man.

Issey Miyake Intense.

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee
    Penhaligons Opus 1870

Clive Christian X, Chanel Egoiste, Frapin Caravelle Epicee

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Gucci Pour Homme I

Creed Spice and Wood

Caron Yatagan because its unique, masculine and very natural smelling.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    Clive Christian X, Chanel Egoiste, Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    I have to add The Different Company Oud Shamash to my list. Recently sampled it and it is amazing.. I think it may be the pinnacle of spicy wood scents that I have tried, in terms of really balancing the spice and wood so they are equal players.

2 Man IMO.

I'm a big fan of CdG Wonderwood. I've heard spotty things about the longevity but on me I get 8-12 hours easy. It's seeming that way with a lot of longevity-weak frags (John Varvatos not withstanding)though so I'm starting to think I just have good skin

treeman5823

Do you know when, dear hednic?

For me, vintage Acteur is the ultimate, though it take a while to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Do you know when, dear hednic?
    Please see post #24.

Why So Serious?

+1 on Cartier Declaration and Creed Royal Oud
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Received a personal e-mail from Marc de la Morandiere today. He has a few example bottles of the new finished product that came off the production line in the new bottle packaging. He said this will be available to the public at large, at the beginning of July. The price he said will be the same as before - 100 Euros for 100ml. I declined his offer to purchase the newly produced product as I still have more than 300ml of the old stuff and told him I'd reconsider it when it becomes available in July.
    Just thought I'd share.
    That's good news. Thanks for keeping us posted!

I like mj bang.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

I really enjoy several already mentioned. I'll add Hermes Poivre Samarcande to the discussion.