Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Sample Pass: L'Occitane La Collection de Grasse 4 scents, USA only

My family had a desultory afternoon in Greenwich, CT, and among our stops was L'Occitane on Greenwich Avenue.

There is a new collection of fragrances, together called La Collection de Grasse, created by Karine Dubreuil, private perfumer for L'Occitane.

These are not limited editions, and there are matching lotions, shower gels and soaps.

Jasmin & Bergamote
    Magnolia & Mre
    (my second favorite; I suspect this will be the favorite of most people)
    Vanille & Narcisse
    Th Vert & Bigarade
    (I liked this one best)

You can read more about them on the L'Occitane website:
    http://usa.loccitane.com/what's-new,82,1,29670,0.htm

I picked up a booklet about them which says a bit more about the fragrances than the website does. Copied verbatim below.

Of course I immediately thought a sample pass might be fun for members who do not live within driving distance of a L'Occitane store. (I see on the website there is a travel set of 4 x 0.25 oz bottles, for $30 on special; you can still try the fragrances even if you don't participate in the sample pass.)

Sales associate Daniel very kindly allowed me to decant 4 sample atomizers for this purpose. Thanks, Daniel! (He also tells me L'Occitane is going to reopen its store in the West Farms Mall-- yay! I've missed having it at the mall I frequent the most.)

I have 2-2.5ml of each scent in atomizers, which I will mail together. There is enough juice for 3 people to try.

• USA only.
    • You must have made at least 25 posts and have joined Basenotes by April 10 or before.
    • Test the fragrances and then mail the samples to the next person ($2.07 for a bubble mailer.)
    • Post any impressions.
    • Last person keeps the samples.

1. SaNielsen
    3. elizrj

Who's in?

- - - Updated - - -

Information on the scents is copied verbatim from the brochure:

Jasmin & Bergamote
    Elegant & Romantic

The harmonious accord of the two ingredients fluctuates between petals and leaves, freshness and sensuality, day and night. Bergamot discretely lights up the scent and retains a lingering presence, while the rare and delicate jasmine comes to life with luminous green facets.
    Jasmine absolutes from Grasse and Egypt &
    Bergamot essential oil from Italy.

Magnolia & Mre
    Mysterious & Sophisticated

Between flower and fruit, the mysterious magnolia essence provides the prelude to wild blackberry notes. Present throughout the fragrance, blackberry gives a tenderness to the woody structure and softens its seriousness.

Magnolia essential oil from the Far East &
    Blackberry infusion from the South of France

Vanille & Narcisse
    Warm & Intoxicating

Discreet at first, the scent of narcissus swells to reveal a bouquet of white flowers and spicy heart accords. Rich and radiant vanilla blends with the wilder, untamed notes of narcissus to give it its spirit."

Vanilla absolute from Madagascar &
    Narcissus absolute from the South of France

Th Vert & Bigarade

Fresh & Vibrant

A lively encounter of aromatic and citrusy freshness. Sparkling citrus notes burst forth in an accord of sweet and bitter orange while hints of green tea and yerba mat give a softening touch before the aromatic base.

Green Tea extract from Japan &
    Bitter Orange essential oil from Tunisia

Someone bump this thread please?
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 30th April 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: updates

Default Re: Sample Pass: L'Occitane La Collection de Grasse 4 scents, USA only

I would like to try these. Sign me up, please! Lisa

Blog Entries

Yay! You're #1.

Room for two more members!

30Roses, I would love to try these, especially for the Vanilla one in them. As I have posted in other sample passes, I will be gone for 2 weeks starting May 11, so I don't want to goof up the order. If you get 2 other interested, I will happily bow out

There have been a lot of great sample passes lately! Thank you so much!!

Blog Entries

In that case I will put you last, is that okay?

that's just fine!!

30 Roses: I like how you are offering this pass "for members who do not live within driving distance of a L'Occitane store." I have to drive an hour and a half just to get to a tiny Macy's that has only the most mainstream fragrances. Thank goodness for online sample programs, ebay, and nice folks like you!

Blog Entries

You give away a lot of samples yourself!

I realize I am very fortunate to be so close to shops-- and with friendly sales associates who are happy to allow me to decant for sample passes, it would be a shame not to. Even a few reviews can help others to decide whether to seek out the fragrances or even risk a blind buy, if that is their only option.

I finished packing them up and will get them in the mail either later today or tomorrow early.

We still have room for one more member.

- - - Updated - - -

Package has been mailed, but we still have room for another member to test them.

Package arrived, and I like 3 of the 4.

The Vert & Bigarade is cool and fresh. I remember getting an iced matcha at Minamoto Kichoan in NYC one hot summer day. It was so refreshing. This would be a lovely summer fragrance. I like how straightforward it is, yet it has some strength.

Jasmin & Bergamote is likewise pleasant, uncomplicated and refreshing. It conjures diaphanous summer dresses.

Vanille & Narcisse -- I need to preface this by saying I just don't like the scent of paperwhites. This one is just not for me.

Magnolia & Musc is juicy and nice enough for a fruity floral. I prefer this to Mure et Musc by L'Artisan. Berries tend to go sour on me, but the early part of this was quite nice.

30 Roses, this was very nice of you! What to do next, send to elizrj or wait for another person to join the pass? Lisa

Blog Entries

Might as well wait for someone else to join the pass- I think elizrj would be about to leave on her trip soon after the samples reached her. And pressured testing is not fun.

Anyone else want to try these?

More folks should try these Springtime/Summery fragrances, they really are quite nice.

I can add an Eau des Baux sample to this pass (to keep it all L'Occitane) and/or a decant of Marine EDP by Soap and Paper Factory (another bright and cheery offering).

Lisa

Yep, I'm leaving this weekend coming up, and I'd hate to have them sitting here unloved for 2 weeks after that.

I'm super excited to try them tho. So many great sample passes going on, and I love that! I'm going to see if I can score some samples when I'm on vacation and start one when I get back.

You all rock!

I'm amazed there's still room in the pass -- these are lovely....

I will be mailing these to elizrj -- just waiting on her address.