A 100ml Vintage bottle of Bel Ami aftershave splash.
Thread: Your rarest fragrance
What is the rarest bottle of fragrance you own? (full bottle, not decants or samples). If vintage formulation, please state circa date.
A 100ml Vintage bottle of Bel Ami aftershave splash.
I would guess Dukes of Pall Mall Cotswold or Patou pour Homme Prive.
Although not my rarest, but one of them is my SOTD A*Men. Not the scent itself, but the bottle that I have. I have a 1 oz metal flask bottle, which is impossible to find now. You may find the refills for it, but you likely will not find the metal flask itself in the 1 oz size.
Figured I would add this pic of. For size comparisons, you see my 1.7 oz B*Men, 3.4 oz Taste of Fragrance, and then the 1 oz metal flask of A*Men. YES!! They do in fact exist!
Last edited by The_Cologneist; 28th April 2013 at 05:10 PM.
My Ultimate Top 5:
Paul Smith Man (2009)
Burberry London (2006)
Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
Arpege pour Homme (2005)
Maybe my 3.2 oz bottle of Chanel for Men by Chanel. Below is the info from BN Directory:
"According to Chanel this was created by Henri Robert in 1955 and was launched as 'A Gentleman's Cologne' in the UK, 'Chanel for Men' in the USA and 'Chanel Pour Monsieur' in France. In 1989 it was relaunched with the name 'Chanel Pour Monsieur' worldwide...." More
Boucheron Jaipur Homme EdP Metal Flask
Vintage Tribute Attar - 30ml
A bottle of Cariocas 100ml
Bal a Versailles parfume de toilette.....stinky goodness (19??).
Pheromone parfum......very mossy, with castoreum (1980).
MPG Soir d'Orient
Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
Most likely my bottle of vintage Cravache from the mid 1960's.
Last edited by drseid; 28th April 2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Probably one of the following.
Gobin Daudé - Biche dans L'Absinthe
Gobin Daudé - Jardins Ottomans
Patou PH Privé
Stardust for Men
"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand
"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, not so rare but CDG Soda.
Chanel Egoiste Concentree Cologne 50 ml
My Top 10
1. Amouage Homage Attar
2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
3. YSL M7
4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
5. Chanel Egoiste
6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
7. Amouage Epic Man
8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
10. Serge Lutens - Chergui
"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."
Monsieur Charrier - Charrier Parfums
Its moss puts vintage Mitsouko to shame. Picked up this lonely bottle in a shop at the hotel i stayed in Kuala Lumpur in 2010. I cannot say when it was made and havent seen any info on the web.
ointments and perfume delight the heart....
Original bottle of Chanel Egosite Concentree.
I have a couple old Coty bottles. Not sure they qualify as rare, though.
Vintage (chevron/eagle) 100ml Derby Aftershave. Is that particularly rare? Don't know.
drake 3.4 oz. monster powerhouse
A bottle of Captain Molyneux (vintage), extremely rare
A bottle of Domenico Caraceni 1913, very rare
mmmmh... let me see.
select what you prefer:
- Monsieur de Givenchy "Haute Concentration", probably year 1969 (Not even a picture exists on the web)
- "Acqua di Selva" by Victor, circa 1960
- "Eau de Vetyver" by Givenchy, circa 1965 ("the only and one", a few bottles produced each year until discontinuation)
- Paco Rabanne pour Homme first serie, year 1973.
- "Ho Hang" by Balenciaga, year 1971.
- "Drakkar" by Guy Laroche, the "metallic bottle" version.
- "Moi et Moi" pour Homme 100ml by Enteprises d'Images et Parfums, Paris (no one can say absolutely anything about it)
Last edited by Andrè Moreau; 28th April 2013 at 08:57 PM.
A nearly-full bottle of Hermes Eau d'Orange Douce.
A nearly-full bottle of Gucci No. 3 shower gel, complete with cap and box. Looks straight outta Scarface.
Well, I dont have a whole but:
Guerlain-Derby-the chevron bottle, metal cap version
Norma Kamali-Incense(yup, its a 20ml decant but it should last me many years)
Last edited by trex57; 29th April 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Please cancel my subscription to your issues.
I also have two MINI bottles of Patou Pour Homme, in pristine condition.
helmut lang cologne x2 3.4
helmut lang cuir x2 3.4
one set is still brand new
Vintage Tribute Attar.
Splash after shave of original M7 from 2002/3 .
Amouage Sandal Attar
Am old vintage Farina Gegenüber Kölnisch Juchten, Tabac blonde vintage perfume, Creed VT, Nombre Noir.