Code of Conduct

Default Would it be a bad idea to use the Dior Homme line-up as a signature scent rotation?

Ive been looking for a signature scent that people can begin associating me with. I do enjoy Dior Homme Sport and plan on using it for the summer. Would it be a bad idea to use Dior Homme as my winter scent and Dior Homme intense for nights out/dates? Or is it more preferable to mix it up a bit. I enjoy the scents but I don't know how manly these scents truly are, very sweet.
    Im 19 in college. will be spending the summer on a beach and the winter in Wisconsin.

Default Re: Would it be a bad idea to use the Dior Homme line-up as a signature scent rotation?

Not a bad idea at all IMO.

Default Re: Would it be a bad idea to use the Dior Homme line-up as a signature scent rotation?

I wear Dior Homme all year round.

There are no right or wrong answers. By sticking to those three scents, two of which smell very similar (DH and DHI) you're actually doing yourself a favor by having a true signature scent which becomes something people (especially dates!) can remember.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Long Boarder View Post
    Ive been looking for a signature scent that people can begin associating me with. I do enjoy Dior Homme Sport and plan on using it for the summer. Would it be a bad idea to use Dior Homme as my winter scent and Dior Homme intense for nights out/dates? Or is it more preferable to mix it up a bit. I enjoy the scents but I don't know how manly these scents truly are, very sweet.
    Im 19 in college. will be spending the summer on a beach and the winter in Wisconsin.
    It wouldn't be a bad idea, they are all good scents.
    I would possibly use the Dior Homme for nights out/dates and the Dior Homme Intense for winter; the reason I say this is that DHI has great longevity and lasts all day, so applying it in the evening will mean that it will still be going long after you've gone back to sleep after the night out, which seems like a waste imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    It wouldn't be a bad idea, they are all good scents.
    I would possibly use the Dior Homme for nights out/dates and the Dior Homme Intense for winter; the reason I say this is that DHI has great longevity and lasts all day, so applying it in the evening will mean that it will still be going long after you've gone back to sleep after the night out, which seems like a waste imo.
    Think it would be better to just skip on the Dior Homme? If that scent lasts all day would i need something for the night? I hear Dior intense is quite the complement getter..

Do you guys think Dior Homme could also work as a summer scent? Hmm decisions =P
    Last edited by Long Boarder; 28th April 2013 at 07:05 PM.

As others have said, Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense are quite similar, but truthfully the original Dior Homme is more versatile and a bit more interesting, as it doesn't emphasize just the gourmand-ish base the way DHI does. Especially given that the current formulation of Dior Homme is more robust than the vintage, you could be fine having just that (along with the Sport or Cologne flankers).

How could it be a bad idea? They are great scents, I'd say go for it.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Personally think it's a great idea. Dior is the only company I have the complete "homme" line-up for, including the new Dior Homme Cologne 2013. I also live in WI btw. I wouldn't skip Dior Homme...it's actually my favorite of the entire line. I tend to use DHI in the evenings or when it's at it's coldest during the winter for daytime wear. DH really anytime, but most in cooler weather (both day & night) and also on summer evenings when it isn't too hot.

The new cologne version is nice for the really hot days if you can find it, but it also doesn't tie in with the original line-up that much, if you're going for a signature scent line-up. The other three all have some iris in them (if you're going with the newer reform of DHS) & the newer cologne doesn't...although it does have a floral element with the orange blossom. Anyway, I think it's a fantastic line-up & would be great for someone to stick to as their "signature" group.

Basenotes Member

Get the Dior Homme Sport edition for summer use

If it's cool for you, rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    As others have said, Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense are quite similar, but truthfully the original Dior Homme is more versatile and a bit more interesting, as it doesn't emphasize just the gourmand-ish base the way DHI does. Especially given that the current formulation of Dior Homme is more robust than the vintage, you could be fine having just that (along with the Sport or Cologne flankers).
    This.
    Dior Homme for some reason doesn't get a look in here because of the rather strange DHI hype on Basenotes.
    There is no need for them both but in my view DH is a better purchase for the reasons mentioned above. ( There are no longevity problems).

I prefer dh to dhi as it projects better on me as dhi is pretty close to the skin. I get all day longevity out of dh just as well and would get dhs for the summer. If moneys not an issue get all 3 but I would start with dh and dhs.

Sounds like a great idea! The Dior Homme line is high quality and classy, all with decent longevity and projection. If you have to choose one line for people to associate you with, it's a very good choice IMO.

Dior Homme is my SOTD. Never a bad idea! Go for it!

It's a good idea and I've considered it myself. Glad you dug the Dior Homme Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by phi View Post
    Get the Dior Homme Sport edition for summer use
    Yup! This. You really don't need DH and DHI unless you decide that you're so head over heels crazy about Dior Homme that you want something that wears like a different interpretation of the same scent. I don't mean that as a bad thing though. I just mean, they're similar enough that you don't need both.

Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport, on the other hand, are quite different. It makes sense owning both since DH is better in the winter and DHS is so much better in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    If it's cool for you, rock on.
    Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Long Boarder View Post
    Think it would be better to just skip on the Dior Homme? If that scent lasts all day would i need something for the night? I hear Dior intense is quite the complement getter..

Do you guys think Dior Homme could also work as a summer scent? Hmm decisions =P
    I'd skip DHI.
    I'd wear Dior Homme when the weather is below 70 degrees F.
    I'd wear Dior Homme Sport when the weather is above 70 degrees F.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Good idea IMO as its a fantastic lineup. As some have said, DHI for dates/nights outs would be great (even daytime during fall/winter.) Dior Homme all year round (a spritz or two for the summer nights) DHS for the spring/summer is great for daytime. DHC, both versions, are great for the hot humidity in the summer time and would work well for that purpose.

I love both versions of DHS for summer (2008 & 2012).

It is a fine idea you are considering... as long as you don't get sick of them. I don't normally wear the same fragrance twice in a month, so I am only guessing, but I would think in time you would grow sick of those. But as long as you throw in a few different ones every now and then, it might work great for you.

They are all nice, why not

Might feel a little limiting after a while though..
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Not a bad idea - providing you immediately leave this forum and never come back.
    Else your plan will be shot to pieces in another week or so - you won't be able to resist checking out comments made about some scent of other, and then buying more.
    Signature scents are incompatible with this place (unless perhaps you have different signature scents for different groups of people you know).
    Cheers,
    Renato

Good idea.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

No, especially because it tends to blend in quite well on various occasions and in various scent wardrobes, given the versatility of DH.

Banned
    Blog Entries

DH and DHI are my 2 favorites..
    I don't enjoy DHS

LOVE Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. Would do DH during day and DHI at night. At same time though - I frequently wear DHI at work just tone down the # sprays.

I have DHS new and old and don't like either.

Dior Homme is perfect for someone who is looking for a signature scent imo
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Not at all!