Code of Conduct

Thread: Harrods Oud?

Default Harrods Oud?

Ive been obsessing about Harrods Oud for a while and trying it again yesterday I do love it but have noticed from 1st trying it that it's gone up from £235 to £270 to £300 to £305 now! This seems a bit excessive over about 2 years and is it worth the Money? The SAs swear its real Cambodian Oud thats been used but I have my doubts and for roughly the same price you could get mona do orio Oud or one of the new F Kurkdjans. Also I already have Dior Leather Oud which is vaguely similar as well as some of the Xerjoff Oud stars and Dorin Oud. However it has been on my wish list for quite a while, so advice would be appreciated. To buy or not to buy? Thanks....

Default Re: Harrods Oud?

I've only tried the original MFK Oud. I can assuredly say that the Bond is significantly higher quality than that.

If you're an oud lover, or a lover of green resinous scents, it's totally worth it, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

It is nice, but the Ouds in your collection are sufficient, no Bond is worth that much lol, they are already overpriced as it is lol.

Point taken though the Harods Oud does seem much better than most of the other Bonds ( I only like Haarlem and HOT always) and can you ever have enough ouds? IMO the new mfk ouds are head and shoulders better than his original offering, especially cashmere and velvet. I get the impression they contain real Oud whereas I'm not sure about the Bond

It is no longer listed on the Bond website so perhaps the contract for it has run out? If that is the case maybe Harrod's is running out and raising prices? Pure conjecture. It is a very good scent and one of the best Bonds IMHO. Real oud? I think not.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Why So Serious?

I agree that i don't think HO has real oud in it. But it does smell fantastic, one of the better oud fragrances out there. I think this limited edition is pretty much gone so they raised the prices, i think it's not worth it (even though it's probably my favorite oud fragrance) for that much money. I think you can just settle with Dior Leather Oud or Tom Ford Oud Wood for a similar vibe.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Basenotes Plus

Are you talking about Harrods Oud Patchouli? I'm not sure which fragrance you're talking about. It's not listed in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Are you talking about Harrods Oud Patchouli? I'm not sure which fragrance you're talking about. It's not listed in the database.
    No, that's in the purple bottle. Harrods Oud is in a green bottle.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    No, that's in the purple bottle. Harrods Oud is in a green bottle.
    Oh, Swarovski Crystal. Thanks.

Dependent

I don't find Leather Oud is in the ballpark of Harrods Oud at all. Whereas Tom Ford Oud Wood is quite close to the Bond although much more boring.

I haven't found any other fragrance that is a replacement for Harrods Oud. Since I think it's a masterpiece (unlike any other Bond), I decided to spend the money on my bottle. But that was when it cost a bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    no Bond is worth that much lol, they are already overpriced as it is lol.
    Better off buying pure oud oils instead of wasting ur $ on any Bond thats not 007

Don't worry about what you have in your collection that is similar, I am sure that they aren't identical. If YOU want it then buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Better off buying pure oud oils instead of wasting ur $ on any Bond thats not 007
    Better off buying what you enjoy more, regardless of what it is.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I have tried Herrod's Oud and it is one of the few Bn9's that I would wear. It smells good, but not even $200 good...there are comparable ouds for much less...BUT I would buy a FB for sure if I could get it for less than $180...Occassionally there is a gent on EBAY who sells bon bon's for 40 for $99. NOW that is 68mls for less than $100...He has sold many frags but I am waiting to see Herrod's Oud like that. I bought my NY Amber, NY Musk from him.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I got it in the end! Fragrance x are doing it over £100 cheaper. Its great! I may still get a MFK too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    This seems a bit excessive over about 2 years and is it worth the Money?
    IMO No.

I got it in the end! Fragrance x are doing it over £100 cheaper. Its great! I may still get a MFK too though!
    What does it smell like?

Basenotes Member

If I pay shipping and all other expenses and some extra, would you be willing to ship a very small decant to New Zealand?

IMO, Tom Ford Oud Wood is a superior fragrance and less expensive.

After going through a 10ml decant I received in a swap with a friend, I bought a bottle of Harrod's Oud about 6 months ago on eBay. I think I paid $225.00 shipped. I like this one much better than Tom Ford Oud Wood even though the oud notes are very similar. The longevity of the Harrod's Oud is not great but it is acceptable. The TF longevity was shameful.

Martin