Code of Conduct

Default Major sample haul! But I bought vials. Advice? (and, a code if you're interested)

Somebody posted a thread with a 15% off code for Decantshop (decantshop.com) and I placed an order for quite a haul. I'm very excited! ...but since I was buying quite a few, I bought 1ml vials instead of larger samples with sprayers.

Is there a 'best' way to wear samples in vials to come closest to how they'd wear if they were in sprayers?

The code is good for a few more hours, by the way. It's DS15 for 15% off. I'm really impressed by their customer service. This is my first time using them, but they've been awesome. They actually contacted me because two things in my order were similar enough that they wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I'm a sucker for customer service, so they get props for that.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default Re: Major sample haul! But I bought vials. Advice? (and, a code if you're interested)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Somebody posted a thread with a 15% off code for Decantshop (decantshop.com) and I placed an order for quite a haul. I'm very excited! ...but since I was buying quite a few, I bought 1ml vials instead of larger samples with sprayers.

Is there a 'best' way to wear samples in vials to come closest to how they'd wear if they were in sprayers?

The code is good for a few more hours, by the way. It's DS15 for 15% off. I'm really impressed by their customer service. This is my first time using them, but they've been awesome. They actually contacted me because two things in my order were similar enough that they wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I'm a sucker for customer service, so they get props for that.
    LBI, don't have advice on the vial issue (which is better than a vile issue), but I did want to echo your experience with decantshop. They were great to me on a recent order, and even though their selection isn't huge, I thought the prices were really competitive. Combine that with the great customer service, and you've got yourself a repeat customer here.

Default Re: Major sample haul! But I bought vials. Advice? (and, a code if you're interested)

Maybe just invest in a batch of those 2.5 ml sprayers and transfer? They really do come in handy.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    Maybe just invest in a batch of those 2.5 ml sprayers and transfer? They really do come in handy.
    Agree that these would give the OP a better idea of how the scent would manifest itself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    Yeah, that's probably the answer. I already have a bunch of them, but I'm starting to run low because I also dabble in making my own scents (mostly stinkers, but I did make a nice summer scent that I'd actually wear around people [gasp] and, hey, I'm learning!!!). I was hoping to avoid using more of them since I'm almost out, but really, that is probably the best answer.

I'm stupidly excited about my incoming haul of samples! I'm finally going to do direct comparisons of Dior Homme and DHI, Eau Sauvage EdT and Parfum, and a ton of others.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I too just ordered a haul of samples, from LuckyScent. All vials as well. I used to always decant my vial samples to sprayers, but I realized it's not worth it. I can sample and wear it just fine with the vials. Saves using up my spray atomizers and I also notice that when I have it in a larger atomizer, the liquid evaporates pretty quickly. I've literally lost a good portion of samples just from evaporation (and yes, I store my fragrances properly, away from heat & light). I think it's because of the gap of air in the spray atomizer and the atomizers are plastic (instead of glass).

So what I do is, I ensure that for each pulse point, the vial's opening is pressed to my skin and the liquid is literally touching my skin. That pretty much does the trick for me.

This youtube video is pretty helpful as well (although I don't quite do it that way): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBD4arAxkA

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Saves using up my spray atomizers and I also notice that when I have it in a larger atomizer, the liquid evaporates pretty quickly. I've literally lost a good portion of samples just from evaporation..
    Yes, I have noticed the same thing!
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Banned

Just transfer them to a small atomizer if you have.