Code of Conduct

Default Where do you keep your samples?

I'm amassing quite a collection of samples and not keen on having them rattling around in a drawer, possibly contaminating one another's lids. I'd like a holder if some kind. I've found a very expensive wooden one on etsy (even more expensive for me as I'm in the UK). I'm wondering if florists' brique sec would work?

Where and how do you store yours?

Default Re: Where do you keep your samples?

I personally don't keep samples. I give them away to friends,

I keep them in a cardboard box that came in on one of my orders, wide and deep enough to hold all my samples; the relatively expensive / preferred samples are kept in a ziploc container inside this box...I wish I can arrange / organize like other BN, but I'm lazy

Thank you awfully for all replies.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I keep them in a cardboard box that came in on one of my orders, wide and deep enough to hold all my samples; the relatively expensive / preferred samples are kept in a ziploc container inside this box...I wish I can arrange / organize like other BN, but I'm lazy
    "Other BNs" please step forward and tell me (show me? photos?) what you do!!!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I keep mine in my dresser, in an ordinary box filled 1/2 way with poly pellets-- those little plastic pellets that are used to fill beanbag toys. You can buy them in the sewing section at Michael's (craft store) or online.

When you stick the samples into them, the pellets hold them upright. Any size or shape of sample or decant vial or atomizer will fit. You can subdivide the box with pieces of cardboard.

You can also substitute any granular substance-- rice, etc.

Oooo, I've just found some microcentrifuge racks online that look perfect...

Basenotes Member

Linking to another fairly recent thread...

Ammo boxes seems a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I keep mine in my dresser, in an ordinary box filled 1/2 way with poly pellets-- those little plastic pellets that are used to fill beanbag toys. You can buy them in the sewing section at Michael's (craft store) or online.

When you stick the samples into them, the pellets hold them upright. Any size or shape of sample or decant vial or atomizer will fit. You can subdivide the box with pieces of cardboard.

You can also substitute any granular substance-- rice, etc.

Very nice idea, thank you.

I have a tightly sealed square cookie tin for the vile vials -- the ones I'm allergic to/ never wish to smell again. (I should put those on the Free to a Good Home thread.) Then I have another ornamental IKEA-type cardboard storage box for the few winners. The rice idea is pretty brilliant though; I think I'll add that to both boxes.

I've a box that looks like a book from Barnes and Noble, and another box that Surrender to Chance sent me. I'm running out of space though.

I shall have to find a good sized container for them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenDays View Post
    Linking to another fairly recent thread...

Ammo boxes seems a good idea.
    Yes I saw these but unfortunately these are illegal in the UK! You can't even get them shipped here.

cigar boxes

I keep them in old fragrance gift set boxes, like this:

In three large boxes: a large square Jo Malone box, Guerlain fragrance gift box and a medium (100ml fragrance box) Jo Malone box.

Blog Entries

I only keep samples of things I tried, liked, but not FB worthty. I got a very nice metal tin from Penhaligon's several years ago and I keep them in there. Other samples I get rid of once I tried them.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I keep the carded "official" samples simply inside the card, I just love having any sort of packaging for them. Others that I've kept in generic, unlabeled atomizers are sealed inside small plastic baggies and labeled with their respective contents. All samples are kept inside a small gift box alongside my normal size fragrances.

Default Samples

Samples are in a bag all together. Full bottles are stored in cupboard away from the light.

in a dresser drawer, in Ziploc bags

I like the ammo idea

In an old cigar box, but I like 30 Rosesidea for keeping them upright. I worry a little about leakage.

A long wooden wine box with index cards along it. Filed in ziplock bags per frag to prevent cross contamination and alphabetical by house per division and by frag within... nerd extremist that I am....

- - - Updated - - -

and upright too.....

Blog Entries

Mine is probably the least efficient: carded samples remain in the cards, samples bought online remain in their boxes/plastic bags, samples acquired via pass or giveaway remain in the envelopes. I don't mind (yet), as long as I can still find them when needed.

Banned
    Blog Entries

old tin can containerslike from curve,ignition and versace blue jeans and cd containers. once all the disc are gone that's a perfect place for samples..

In a tupperwear container in my bathroom. No real organization to speak of.

Used to keep em in a shoebox, have recently moved them to a large Tupperware container. Takes a little while to find the one you're looking for, but it works for me lol!

The few samples that I do have, mostly freebies (received especially as extras/little thank yous after more extensive purchases) are kept in identical conditions, as my fragrances, in the very same storage locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I keep them in old fragrance gift set boxes, like this:

I place a deep container inside my gift box. I add samples to the container. The vials which don't come inside paper protectors are place among balled up tissue paper to prevent breakage. The box is stored inside of a dark, cool chest.

I keep mine in a small index cards box each row separated by a card with the sample's names.