Code of Conduct

Thread: Leather jackets

Default Leather jackets

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. So far I can say this is an awesome forum, total unexpected surprise. My question is, where should I look for a leather jacket? I'd like something I can wear out with friends but also to a lounge or a club. I'm 26 and have a pretty clean/classy style, although I'd prefer the jacket to be a little edgy. I'm really lost here, I don't know what would be a fair price, although my budget tops out at $400. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Leather jackets

Welcome!!!

Depends on your location; in USA / Canada, choices are relatively less unless you go to a specialty store in which case u can get grt stuff but at a high price...Under 200 should get u decent stuff.

I bought my jackets more than 7 yrs ago from India from a leather exporter, so stuff's still amazing...

Good to know, I'm in Los Angeles so there's a lot of places to find something but like you said it's gonna be pricey. I was actually thinking of buying online.

Try here: http://us.asos.com/Men-Leather-Jacke...=11760&via=top

Lots of different price variations to fit your budget. I don't think ASOS is as big in the US as it is in the UK yet, but it's a great place to shop online.

Their selection on leather jackets is fairly limited at the moment, as will most stores selections, as summer is coming. You'd be better off shopping for one in September/October time when the new seasons come out.

Check out yoox.

Shop around. You should be able to find one to your liking in your area (LA) for around $400. What quality of leather are you aiming at?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Shop around. You should be able to find one to your liking in your area (LA) for around $400. What quality of leather are you aiming at?
    I wouldn't even know. I'd prefer to be something I can wear for years, something that can last.

- - - Updated - - -

btw thanks HAllen and Graphite for the links, definitely going to check these out.

Save up to get something you will want to wear, don’t settle. Too bad Temple of Jawnz closed their MTM operation.

Take a look at www.schottnyc.com They are expensive but if you are not sure what style you are looking for, they have a ton. If you run across a double breasted black leather blazer...drop me the link please.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

The question was asked a year ago but for others that may be interested, Australian brand industrie has a great range of various styles for $200 Australian which is a bargain and they ship overseas
    http://industrie.com.au/208_leather_jackets
    my signature scents:

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme EDT
    Hugo Hugo Boss
    Tommy Tommy Hilfiger

I second Asos, I own one of their leather jackets, perfect fit* and really good quality leather (softer and better than expected). The price was totally reasonable, some 180 EUR. If you're into vintage jackets obviously eBay may be a nice option although often sizing and fit may be a bit tricky...

All Saints also does really nice leather goods, quite in Rick Owens' style, if you're into that.

(* I am quite skinny and wanted something "tight" fitting, most of the times regular leather jackets made me look like a crack dealer from the '90s.)
    Last edited by Colin Maillard; 26th July 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Chanel - Antaeus (vtg)
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | *NEW* Signoricci VTG BNIB, Capucci PH, Geo Trumper, Montana, Etro, Romeo Gigli...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Asos, All saints, topman or River Island are all affordable for that budget.

I am all about Nordstrom rack....

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...t?color=BLACK- Like this one..... 26 right??

Just looking through I can't find any Andrew Marc's I don't like and way under your budget!!! You are young so have fun with a design but also think how it'll fit with the contours of your body before purchasing online. Yah gotta see yourself in it, as if you were wearing it. How does this jacket fit your jeans you plan on wearing it with, shirts etc... Put it on and stand in front of an imaginary mirror in your head. That's how you pick!! Good luck!!