Code of Conduct

Default Best way to spend $40 GC at FragranceNet?

I purchased one of the Groupon coupons that was recently offered (I believe that offer has since expired.) So now I have a $40 groupon and was wondering what the best way to spend it is.

The reason I say 'best' is that there are always discounts for FragranceNet (20% or so), and you can't use both the groupon and discount. Some ways of using the groupon are better than others.

For instance: say the groupon was used to buy GPH II. Result is a $65 product. Except with a 20% coupon - it's the same price. Kind of a waste.

Encre Noire, on the other hand is $44. Using the coupon it's only $4, a much better deal than paying $35.

Given all of this - what's say you on the "best" way to use it? I have to admit, Encre Noire for $4 + shipping is tempting... Jaipur is about the same (though it would be a blind buy)...

Default Re: Best way to spend $40 GC at FragranceNet?

I'd just apply it to what you like the best or what you have been waiting to get for a while and add whatever you need to make the purchase if it's not enough to cover it all.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    I purchased one of the Groupon coupons that was recently offered (I believe that offer has since expired.) So now I have a $40 groupon and was wondering what the best way to spend it is.

The reason I say 'best' is that there are always discounts for FragranceNet (20% or so), and you can't use both the groupon and discount. Some ways of using the groupon are better than others.

For instance: say the groupon was used to buy GPH II. Result is a $65 product. Except with a 20% coupon - it's the same price. Kind of a waste.
    Wouldn't the GPH II be $45 dollars if you used the groupon (85-40)?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Wouldn't the GPH II be $45 dollars if you used the groupon (85-40)?
    Well, I failed math class. Sigh.

Still, saving 20% off something that costs $100 is more in dollars than something that costs $40.

Well, I failed math class. Sigh.

Still, saving 20% off something that costs $100 is more in dollars than something that costs $40.

True dat.

Personally, I'd use it on a blind buy. Something you've really wanted to get but don't want to drop the cash in case it doesn't work out.

CologneFan85

Ysl

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Ysl
    L'Homme? L'Homme Nuit? Kouros? Body Kouros? Kouros Sport? Kouros Sport Summer? Body Kouros Sport Summer L'Nuit?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL, La Nuit de L'Homme

Either one of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    YSL, La Nuit de L'Homme

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    YSL, La Nuit de L'Homme
    Reading reviews, it sounds like YSL is better for daytime/office and La Nuit is the more interesting scent better for winter/evenings?

Encre noire is not $4 because you bought the groupon right? And if I recall correctly, that's $20 dollars?

if you use the groupon on a purchase, you are saving $20 flat rate.

20% off anything over $100 original price is more than the $20 flat rate saving, thus you are more with the discount.
    Anything less than $100 original price, you are better off using the groupon.

La Nuit.

I ended up buying Gucci PH II.

YSL PH sounds too lemony for me, and I'd never wear La Nuit; most of my frags are worn at the office, and I rarely go out on dates. I haven't even had a proper occasion to wear Noir de Noir yet.

Good call, I think you'll enjoy it. If you don't hold onto it, within a year it will probably be almost completely off the shelves. Then throw it up on eBay or on the boards here and make yourself a profit.

I ended up buying Gucci PH II.

YSL PH sounds too lemony for me, and I'd never wear La Nuit; most of my frags are worn at the office, and I rarely go out on dates. I haven't even had a proper occasion to wear Noir de Noir yet.

I haven't gotten into the "throw bottles on ebay to make a profit" yet, not sure I will. I certainly don't pay the price that people ask on ebay for (say) GPH, and don't see why people would when there's a lot of good stuff in production. Nothing I've tried (including Windsor or 4 Voleurs, both of which I love) is worth that much.

IMHO of course, and I'd prefer not to turn this thread into a discussion about this. If you think it warrants discussion, start a new thread

Maybe L'homme? Or even Midnight in Paris edt.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Already have Midnight in Paris. It's OK, I don't see the hype.

and I'd prefer not to turn this thread into a discussion about this. If you think it warrants discussion, start a new thread
    Real nice, the guy replies to your silly thread and this is how you treat him.

Sheesh.

The OP chose to reject a separate discussion about profit, so you called his thread silly and chose to make a sarcastic comment. This is how you treat him? Sheesh. The OP made his purchase so the thread should be locked.