Code of Conduct
    CologneFan85

Default Gourmands in the summer...

I am one to wear any frags in all seasons of the year...but today I wore two sprays of New Haarlem and it became a scrubber. Don't get me wrong I love the scent but in the heat its VERY cloying and doesn't mix well in the heat. Half the day I felt like a was a projection bomb of "food" lol. Any have and bad experiences with gourmands in the heat?

Default Re: Gourmands in the summer...

Actually, the only one I can think of is New Haarlem as well. I tested it for the first time last summer. Put it on before heading out to do some shopping at a local department store. It was really hot outside & also in the store & I quickly realized I was projecting coffee & syrup like crazy in that heat. Needless to say I started getting some "looks" from people around me & became increasingly self conscious. I got what I needed quickly and left in a hurry, haha.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Actually, the only one I can think of is New Haarlem as well. I tested it for the first time last summer. Put it on before heading out to do some shopping at a local department store. It was really hot outside & also in the store & I quickly realized I was projecting coffee & syrup like crazy in that heat. Needless to say I started getting some "looks" from people around me & became increasingly self conscious. I got what I needed quickly and left in a hurry, haha.
    You pretty much summed up my day

I don't have problems wearing gourmands in the heat but I would have a problem wearing New Haarlem at any time.

Hanae mori HM does that to me. Just one spray could get cloying..

treeman5823

I really don't like wearing perfume in the heat. Too much.

Coney Island does perform great in heat

Banned
    Blog Entries

yes, generally in the hot weather, stick with a gourmand that's lighter with more citrus like coney island or virgin island water.

but you can wear new haarlem still. i wear it in the summer. just go really light. like only 1 spray 4 feet away from the skin.

Banned
    Blog Entries

le male and givenchy pi are good for the heat also. minimum sprays.

Personally I don't wear gourmands in hot weather, but I live in London so I wear them pretty much all year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielecki View Post
    Coney Island does perform great in heat
    Haha, music to your ears, CologneFan! I would agree though, a light lemon cake gourmand never hurt anybody in the summer.

I live in a very hot climate, and gourmands can definitely get tricky in the summer. I mostly avoid them because they're not my favorite genre, but when I do reach for one, I go easy on the trigger. It's one thing to wear it in the summer when you're indoors mostly; if I know I'm gonna be outside/sweating a ton, I'll just forego gourmands altogether.

The only fragrance that I consider a gourmand that I can really wearing on a hot summer day outside is Hanae Mori HM doesn't get cloying and the citrus, floral, gourmand vibe is great for the summer.

Others have mentioned Coney Island and I am wearing it as my SOTD from a sample. It does smell better than I remember after sampling it a year ago and I am definitely picking up the gourmandish vibes from it....fbw??? Idk, will definitely continue going through the rest of sample I have left, and then will go through the other full sample I have first. Does smell good though.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 30th April 2013 at 10:15 PM.

I wear Hanae Mori in the summer and I think it works great. But I'm a gourmand lover and I also live in San Francisco where summers are pretty mild so take my advice lightly.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    I wear Hanae Mori in the summer and I think it works great. But I'm a gourmand lover and I also live in San Francisco where summers are pretty mild so take my advice lightly.
    I used to stay a block from pier 39 lol yes very mild summers...windy and cold. Right now I'm in the humid tn heat. I'm so ready to go back to low Angeles already been here for 6 long months lol. Coney Island though is great all around .

I think that lighter applications of not that heavy or sweet smelling gourmands might work (or, that kind of fragrances which are rather on the verge of gourmand, like Baldessarini EDC by Boss).

NH already makes you smell like a walking IHOP....In the summer heat? I would think that same IHOP, with no air conditioning.

get me outta here!

Go easy, one spray.

You should try Aqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia. Great summertime gourmand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    just go really light. like only 1 spray 4 feet away from the skin.
    Wow, you have really long arms!

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    a light lemon cake gourmand never hurt anybody in the summer.
    Agree. Try Lemon Cloud by Roca Parfums, & Fils de Dieu by ELd'O for a perfect summer gourmand.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.