Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default how much do you wear per year

Someone asked a question on how long a 3.4 oz lasts. Of course, it depends on variables, how often you wear it, how much you put on each wearing (projection/longevity, essentially) and how liberal the sprayer is.

Generally, I've noticed that, before I started collecting and I only owned 1 fragrance, Cool Water (which I wore regularly), I probably used about 100ml of it a year. And now that I have more bottles, it's harder to measure, but generally, it seems like I use 100ml as well.

I don't want to set anything in stone, but I'd generally suggest to people that a 3.4 oz that you buy, if it's the only one you own, will last you 1 year, give or take. If you have 5 bottles in your collection, it will probably last you 5 years. Assuming that you use all of them and don't buy any more.

Default Re: how much do you wear per year

Probably about right, as a rule of thumb. That's a handy way to look at it.

So with this handy formula, we can deduce that hednic will be over 1,000 years old when he finishes his!
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I just finished a 15 ml bottle of fragrance, and then looked in my wardrobe and it indicated I had worn that fragrance approx. 40 times. Now, I may have missed a few days of tracking, but I think that I probably go through around .5 to .75 mls a day because I apply twice usually.

So, I go through about 2 100ml bottles per year I need to spray more

I can't even begin to imagine what I wear in a given year but it's much less than miniscule.

Overall, given colognes, EdTs, EdPs and extraits, I'd estimate I go through at least 500-700 mls a year of fragrance. Maybe more considering I sometimes wear one fragrance earlier in the day and something else in the evening. Fortunately I am in no danger of running dry!

Martin

Around 1,200 ml a year.

Alarming.

I need backups.

for swap/sale:

A few hundred ml during a year, roughly and very approximately estimated.

I doubt it - he still buys entire lines as can be seen from his replies...
    So lets push it to 5000yrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    So with this handy formula, we can deduce that hednic will be over 1,000 years old when he finishes his!

treeman5823

Not that much.

Probably around 300 ml, give or take. ETA: Long ago I gave up trying to conserve scents, so now I just spray with abandon and reapply whenever I feel it is necessary.

Probably around 500ml.

Usually 2 sprays per day, sometimes different perfume at night. Then it ll be something between 50 and 80 ml per year. Not that much.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Figure on average about 8 sprays equal 1ml.

I spray myself about 5 to 6 times a day (application and reapplication)

I do this about 325 days out of the year, so....

Approximately 243 mls per year, or around 2 and a half full size bottles a year.

Banned
    Blog Entries

if world war three ever happens, hednic would be able to re-start civilization with all of the fragrances in his bomb shelter.

Around 400ml for me, at least it's what I want to believe, so I can buy 4 new bottles every year.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

It's an interesting question. In a sense, it's hard to answer due to the plethora of variables. How strong is the scent? How long does it last? How strong is the sprayer? Etc etc etc.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that I go through 2 oz per year (I'm a 3 to 4 spray guy) but it really depends on the sprayer. Creed sprayers waste a lot of liquid because they produce such a powerful yet fine mist (not to mention the sweet PWWWWSHSHSHS!!! sound) a good portion of which is lost to the air. If I only wore Creed, I'd easily go through twice as much juice per year. On the other end of the spectrum, if I only wore Interlude Man, I'd probably struggle to go through even 1 oz per year because 1 spray of that stuff, applied as 2 half sprays, is still crazy strong and lasts lasts lasts.

2 oz is my best guess, but that's just for scents I wear. If you include test sprays... holy cow, the number would be so much higher.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I mostly wear 2 or 3 sprays, 4 to 5 with some weaker fragrances (and wear these less often). I can estimate up to 80 mls get used in a year. Which is awfully miniscule, considering the number of bottles I own. I cannot remember when I had to throw away an empty bottle...

This question is very sobering, I must say!

I use approx 1.5 ml to 2 ml daily x 330 days a year somewhere near 495-660 ml total ( about 35 days yearly no perfume use)
    [COLOR=""]a rose is a rose is a rose[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Probably about right, as a rule of thumb. That's a handy way to look at it.

I take it hednic must own an incredibly large amount of fragrances? Too many to be contained in a single wardrobe I would imagine.

Default how much do you wear per year

Wtf... 1ml is like 8-10 sprays

I use probably 3 spray a day, so about 1000 sprays a year.

Less than 100ml a year.

Those using 500ml or more? You use it to cook or what? That's like 20 sprays a day...

I normally spray 8-10 times, so at 1ml per day, about 365 per year, plus the few extra I spritz on days I wear some to bed... maybe 400-500ml per year.

I'm probably at 400 year.

I have to reapply those summer ones like non other and that pulls things up a bit.

3 to 5 sprays per day depending on the fragrance selected so I suppose I do consume about 125 to 150ml per year.

This is interesting. At this point, I tend to put on less as I'm afraid to use it all up! I think I may be a hoarder.

I'm in awe of those that are using 500ml a year or more.

Well I own about 70 FB now. Maybe I should stop buying new stuff but I enjoy it so much!