Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bogart story blue - for those who want to know

Bogart story blue is listed as a Aromatic marine Fougere.......

The notes include: sicilian lemon, violet leaf, grapefruit, fresh spices, sage, marin mix, white cedar, patchouli, marine moss.

If you look at my wardrobe you will notice that I am not a aquatic fan at all. I do not like aqua di gio or any other fragrance that basically falls into the same category. I have purchased versace EF but took it back because I just could not stand the over all feel of the fragrance. It's my preference and my opinions are not meant to offend anyone else's taste. There are other threads discussing the differences between aquatics and marine scents. I assume I lean more toward the marine category because there are some marine fragrances I enjoy and Bogart story blue is one of them. Since I have been on my fragrance journey I have come to realize that I am a sucker for violet leaf, patchouli, and grapefruit. There are other fragrances that have these same notes like issey blue, ice men, and perceive. It's just amazing to me how I enjoy marine fragrances but dislike aquatics so much? I guess that's for another thread someday.

Ok, For those who want to know Bogart story blue imo is one amazing fragrance.

What does it smell like? Honestly it smells like they took Aqua di Gio, Polo sport, Versace EF, Chrome legend and created this monster of a beast. If that isn't picture for you I don't know what is lol its very well blended. I will say it is a bit on the synthetic side but I feel that is what gives it its appeal.

Projection? 4-5 feet away........no joke

Longevity? 8-12 hours at least.... Every time I wear BB I get a compliment and its always around the 8th hour after application.

Cost? Anywhere between 15-30 dollars. Pennies in today standards for a great fragrance.

Comment if you would like or have any questions. Also if anyone was wondering I got the breakdown of notes right of the bottle itself.. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bogart story blue - for those who want to know

Once a time I was a fan of Bogart scents and had several of them like Signature, Pour Homme, Arabian Nights, City Tower, Silver Scent and Silver scent Intense. But soon I got bored of them as found them VERY synthetic and really offending on everyday wearing, so swapped almost all except Signature and Pour Homme.
    Yet I've not seen the one you mentioned but hope not to be in the same vibe I just talked about.
    Yes I know that Bogart scents are really great for the price as they're monsters for longevity and projection/sillage, but my trend has gone toward higher quality rather than the cheap price along with being harsh.
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

I own this and like it. Also can be obtained at a really inexpensive price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Yes I know that Bogart scents are really great for the price as they're monsters for longevity and projection/sillage, but my trend has gone toward higher quality rather than the cheap price along with being harsh.
    I def see where you are going with this but i also feel higher quality vs cheaper price is subjective. There are many times I have smelt higher quality ingredients at more expensive prices and I would easily pick bogart over the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own this and like it. Also can be obtained at a really inexpensive price.
    Glad you like it hendic.........Your right a very good price

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Once a time I was a fan of Bogart scents and had several of them like Signature, Pour Homme, Arabian Nights, City Tower, Silver Scent and Silver scent Intense. But soon I got bored of them as found them VERY synthetic and really offending on everyday wearing, so swapped almost all except Signature and Pour Homme.
    I have similar feelings. All my newer Bogart fragas are gone now, only Signature, One Man Show and Witness I still keep around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I have similar feelings. All my newer Bogart fragas are gone now, only Signature, One Man Show and Witness I still keep around.
    im not a fan of one man show....Can you elaborate on what signature and witness smell like?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a sample based on this review and encountered my first "scrubber"