Code of Conduct

Default Anything like Noir de Noir, with a bit more "man" to it, maybe a touch more chocolate?

I LOVE Noir de Noir. However, it dabbles a LITTLE on the feminine side for my tastes.

Default Re: Anything like Noir de Noir, with a bit more "man" to it, maybe a touch more chocolate?

Nothing screams "MANLY" like adding a touch of chocolate.

Default Re: Anything like Noir de Noir, with a bit more "man" to it, maybe a touch more chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Ha. I don't know - I love the Noir de Noir, like I said. It's just dabbling feminine. I don't know if it's the poignant rose, or the combination of chocolate truffles + the rose. It's beautiful, sensual, - perhaps I oversprayed. Was trying to find a more masculine version of this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Yep, while your at it add some civet to boost its masculinity. Honestly, I find NdN pretty gender-less.

Maybe punch some walls while wearing it, or grunting into a mirror?

Seriously though, I don't think it's that gendered either way. It does veer into a more oud-ish territory to my nose, so you might want to look toward something like TF's oud wood. Most of his are going to be transitional as far as gender goes though -- after all, gendering fragrances is more of a marketing ploy than anything.

layer it with a woody or leather scent and it should balance it out
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Perhaps Montale Oud Pur Oriental

Not that I can think of.

The only fragrance I can think of that is comparable to Noir de Noir is MFK Lumiere Noire Pour Homme. Not sure about more masculine, but it does remind me of NdN. You should give it a shot.

Basenotes Plus

Find another fragrance with a dominant accord you consider masculine and wear it with the Tom Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    I LOVE Noir de Noir. However, it dabbles a LITTLE on the feminine side for my tastes.
    I feel the same way. I wear it, but only at the right times in the right places. And I find if you go easy on the trigger, it works better. I actually like Tom Ford Café Rose a little more than NdN - I think it is more wearable. Not as complex and rich as NdN, but overall, it works better for me. And I think it comes off as a little less feminine.

Lyric woman - if too feminine then Lyric Man

for swap/sale:

I haven't tried it but I hear the Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie is a more linear version of NdN - I like NdN's opening a lot but the sweet drydown is a bit feminine for me.

Try Chanel- Coromandel.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtowork View Post
    I haven't tried it but I hear the Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie is a more linear version of NdN - I like NdN's opening a lot but the sweet drydown is a bit feminine for me.
    IMO Rose d'Arabie is similar to NdN but much better. If you want to talk about gender I think it's very wearable for a man though it's even more sweeter than NdN. Still an underrated scent here on BN.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    IMO Rose d'Arabie is similar to NdN but much better. If you want to talk about gender I think it's very wearable for a man though it's even more sweeter than NdN. Still an underrated scent here on BN.
    Just tried looking up Rose d'Arabie. Is it me, or is it not released in the US? I'm unable to find a US site that is selling it.

Try Montale Intense Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Just tried looking up Rose d'Arabie. Is it me, or is it not released in the US? I'm unable to find a US site that is selling it.
    I bought mine in Belgium at www.parfuma.com. I don't know if they ship to the USA though.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    See I feel the exact opposite, I find Rose d'A comes off as more feminine because the rose note is so pronounced. Maybe for me at least the chocolate nature of NdN balances it out and makes it preferable for me.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Basenotes Institution

Um, no.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle