Code of Conduct

Thumbs up SOTD, Wednesday 01.May.2013

Good morning my lovely ladies
    Je vous souhaite une très bonne journée

PLATINUM ÈGOÏSTE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SOTD, Wednesday 01.May.2013

SOTD is Cotton Musk by Ramon Monegal Barcelona

Salut Roberto, salut tout le monde,

Aujourd'hui, je porte Ungaro II.

Passez une bonne journée !

queen of the universe

Thanks to a generous BN friend, I am welcoming May with the most floral of florals, Caron Acaciosa extrait.
    nd.7423.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

31 Rue Cambon Chanel

Have a good day!

Basenotes Plus

Vintage Diorissimo for the first of May.

Best to all. xxoo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good mornings!!

Plum.jpg

radiant floral!
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Today I'm sporting Allure Homme Sport. Enjoy your Wednesday everyone!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Aqua di Gio Essenza

Heeley Iris de Nuit.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good morning everyone!

Hoping that Wolfie is continuing to make progress, not being able to taste or smell is not nice.

Evangeline your Satchmo story still pops into my head when something reminds me and it never fails to make me smile. Those little ballerina's are hilarious! Isn't it interesting how tuned in they are to smells? Not that I'm saying that you did actually smell like grandpa's dog. Unless he was a film star too!

I' must be very open to suggestion these days. Impossible Iris for me today.

Royal Oud by La Maison De La Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. SotD is Traversee du Bosphore. Happy hump day

Foustie, you smell fantastic

((Wolfie))

Good Morning, everyone, and welcome May! Tdem1961, your pick for today is wonderful. I wonder how many others will be wearing their LOTV for today. I must say I completely forgot it was the 1st of May until I got to work.

testing Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom again today. I wore a spray of it yesterday on my neck, and today a spray of it on my wrist. It's different smelled up close. I didn't pick up on the citrus of it yesterday and definitely no wood but today I'm getting a bit of those.

Twolf, hope you are feeling better!

Good morning everyone and happy International labour day,those who celebrate The last few weeks have been rather stressful for my part. I ended a bad relationship, went to a job interview...and now starting in a new job in the end of may. The job is at a section for Detoxification at the Psychiatric hospital. This is an entirely new field for me, so a bit mixed feeling about it. It's just until January,but still Sotd will probably be either Nahema or Chanel no 5. Spring is finally here( after weeks with pouring snow :O)... so it feels just right.

Hello all. Chanel Jersey decant.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Happy May Day Labor Day La Fete du Muguet. I couldn't bear to pop the cork on Muguet 2013 and then go to work, it will have to be opened tonight. Vintage Diorissimo is another magnificent one, sigh. But I couldn't wear that one to work either.
    SotD: Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her Oil
    SotE: Guerlain Muguet 2013

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Yeah, Foustie, I feel sort of lost -- now that the hearing is back, a little less so. But still I feel like a zombie preserved in vacuum without my smells and tastes. Thanks for the wishes and sorry I whine all the time.
    Last edited by Twolf; 1st May 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm also in vintage Diorissimo, 60s edt. Y'all have a fantastic day!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Evangeline your Satchmo story still pops into my head when something reminds me and it never fails to make me smile. Those little ballerina's are hilarious! Isn't it interesting how tuned in they are to smells? Not that I'm saying that you did actually smell like grandpa's dog. Unless he was a film star too!
    Lol ...Satchmo, the Chanel wearing Basset Hound! They are so funny, Foustie, and you're right, they are tuned in to smells - to everything, actually. They're all 4 and 5, so they're quite young but very vocal, and still just delighted by anything that strikes them as out-of-the-ordinary ...and they're also very curious. I think some of them don't encounter vintage or really old-school sorts of perfumes very frequently, so it's a novelty to them. They comment all the time on my fragrance, and like I've said before, I feel a particular sort of joy when it pleases them.

((Wolfie)), it's so good to hear you're feeling a bit better, at least ...just keep it up! I'm sure you'll be back to your un-whiny self and smellin' again in no time.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st May 2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thank you. My part of International Labor Day/ May day celebration will include the eye candy -- since I can't enjoy much otherwise -- Michael Michaud jewelry for Silver Seasons, Lily of the Valley line (not limited though).

Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Good morning, good smelling workers-of-the-world, and you lucky ladies and gents of leisure too.

Neil Morris City Rain today. We are unseasonably wet lately, this is usually the beginning of the dry, dry, nothing grows time, our early summer...Then later in the summer the rains. But this week has been all beautiful storms and rain, the clouds are gray but so pretty, the lightning and thunder and rain. I don't like getting wet all the time, but I do really like the summer storms.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning and Happy May Day to everyone!

Joining Tdem and Evangeline in Diorissimo today.

Have a great day!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis Devin today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Member

happy May the 1st..today I'm wearing Chanel Mademoiselle

Edit : Ended up in Narciso Rodriguez FH edt instead.

Happy May day!
    Sandalwood project of mine.
    Blood Orange, Bergamot, Clary Sage
    Ylang, Sambac Jasmine, Rose de Mai
    Mysore Sandalwood, Frankincense CO2, Vetiver Haiti

It's built on chypre base (real Oakmoss) with the Sandalwood making up around 22% of the composition.

(((T))) good to see you are on the mend.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Blog Entries

Hello all, happy May Day & happy hump day!

SOTD was Stella Rose Absolute, & now l'm scent twins with jujy in Acaciosa for the evening. Although l think my little decant has turned slightly.

ExtremeK, l'm so glad you're enjoying Cinema! l owe my love of that one to dear Daniel, who suggested it to me way back.

Have a great month everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Bonsoir mes amis!
    We have had a very sunny day here and I have neglected the chores
    so as to get my quota of vitamin D!
    Roma is my scent of choice - formidable (as they say in France!)
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - PDN Maharadjah.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy May Day everyone! My SotD is JM White Lilac & Rhubarb.

The osprey nest has its first egg!
    (see thread stickied on Off Topic)

Wolfie, you just keep working on getting better! I hate it when my smell and taste are off so I sympathize.

Glad you're a bit better today, Twolf! Smart lady; if you can't enjoy your smellies, you deserve to wear some sparklies!

Yes, E., I remember how Satchmo smells of CdR! As if one could forget such a hilarious story! Glad the association was nicer this time. That's some impressive little ballerina, putting 1000 with movie stars! Maybe a future perfumista!

Yardley Royal English Daisy today for gardening chores. My new iris bed is planted, just needs edging and final touches. Have been growing and multipying these plants for years so I could have a giant swath of iris. Very excited to see how they do in their new home!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Twolf, you're not whiny! Just stay kind to yourself and keep getting better. Your sparklies are lovely!

(((Inees))), I'm sorry you had a rough stretch -- it's good to have you back. Let's take the approach that spring is ushering in happier times for you!

Nefret, you haven't posted yet, but I saw on the SotD posting list that you smell mahvelous, dahling And so does Foustie!!

It's cold and rainy here, so of course I'm wearing violet. Today, it's Bois de Violette which is my favorite violet. And I got a compliment from one of my co-workers -- she said, "I don't know what you're wearing this morning, but you smell REALLY GOOD!"
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 1st May 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Had planned to do a month of Iris frags, starting today. But now I am going to receive a sample pass, so my plan go interupted. But, I did get started!............

TDC Bois d'Iris today.

Basenotes Institution

I've not been participating that much in the SOTD threads recently, and it's only because I've been CRAZY BUSY the last week or so. I miss you gals/guys and I'll be talking more soon.

Today in:

Habit Rouge (vintage Deodorant + Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

xo to Mike Perez.

Let's see...this morning I forgot it was May 1st and I wore Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise from my last sample. This afternoon it's Nuit de Noel vintage parfum from a Perfumed Court sample. Yesterday afternoon it was Jovan Woman and then Tommy Girl for tutoring. I forgot what day it was yesterday, too. I was stirring a pot of risotto on the stove and B-belle said, "Don't you tutor tonight?" And I was like... "Yes, I have to leave right now." So I left him to finish the risotto and ran out the door, but I grabbed a quick spritz first, of course. I still have my priorities, but my brain is wrapped in a fog lately. Love to everybody. ♥ Twolf, thinking of you.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: YSL Opium Pour Homme edp.

What I've Been Wearing:

Chanel chance

treeman5823

Habit Rouge now. Yes.

Basenotes Member

Tried this on a whim at Nordstrom today and fell in love. My first purchase without exhaustively vetting a sample first, yikes!

Hello again -

I'm in Deneuve for the evening. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Yes, E., I remember how Satchmo smells of CdR! As if one could forget such a hilarious story! Glad the association was nicer this time. That's some impressive little ballerina, putting 1000 with movie stars! Maybe a future perfumista!
    Maybe so! But I can't be sure she actually recognized 1000, or if she meant it in a more general sense, that her Momo smells glamorous and perfumey ...but who knows? It's not really so rare, I suppose it's just as likely that she actually wears it.

Good luck with your irises - I bet they're going to be simply stunning!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Trussard Fresh Uomo tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Amouage Beloved Man tonight. Fantastic!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing By Kilian Prelude To Love today. I walked in the Heart Walk tonight. Thankfully, it did not snow (there was a chance!) but it was cold and very windy. We walked in memory of our late co-worker, Jason, who died of a heart attack in February. Jason's fiance and family walked with us too ... a very nice way to remember a great guy.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Dior Addict.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

We got 4" of fresh snow, expecting a little more tomorrow. Once again, I am not against white stuff, I totally can't stand the muddy. Both taste and smell came back first for 7 minutes, then for 5 minutes and then, finally, for about 12 minutes. While I could, I cooked -- roast beast with a sprig of rosemary a nice BN friend sent here from the South, also cut some tomatoes for salad -- with onions, garlic and a few dandelions for a change of pace, because Mr.T's idea of a fine supper have been including 3 garlic toasts and a can of tropical fruit salad for three days in a row.

I also had a can of soda pop -- them bubbles do not fizz in the weak ear any more, I guess my ear is back to normal.

While I also could, I sprayed some Caron Muguet du Bonheur. Can't feel anything right now, of course.

Nuit de Tubereuse

Blog Entries

I started the day with Frederic Malle's Un Rose and am ending the day with Dior Poison.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!