Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do you really care for your fragrances?

The only ones I care about are the ones that my wife and kids like or the ones they bought me. The rest are just "stuff". It's the people that make stuff special.

The only music I care about is the ones that my wife and kids like the rest is just noise.

I imagine what smell I'd like today from my memory of the fragrances in my collection and go with that. I have a good fragrance memory and just go with what takes my fancy on the spur of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    The only music I care about is the ones that my wife and kids like the rest is just noise.
    Snark much, loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I have to admit, I'm a little envious.

I think it would be so much fun to be able to let loose and go crazy with all my fragrances. But of course, here in the U.S., it's not a lifestyle, and unless you want to be regarded as 'that guy' you need to exercise restraint. And in the end, I place my relationships with people I interact with on a daily basis ahead of my enjoyment of fragrances. Of course, I still enjoy them, but I feel like if I lived where you lived, I could go nuts and have a lot of fun with them.
    It's all about finding the equilibrium.

Some days you can spray a bit more because you know you'll be around colleague X and subordinate Y who are liberal or indifferent and on some days your have to restrain yourself because you know you'll be in meetings...
    Same goes for your social circle. Explain perfume to them so that they they understand your not 'that guy'.
    for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

One thing that does compel me is the search for that perfect fragrance that will attack me deeply and emotionally. There are some that I sniff over and over during the day, they speak to me...but I am also driven for the Perfect fragrance that will end the search forever...problem is it may not exist.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I'm the one who store bottles with several layers of parafilm to prevent evaporation !
    Last edited by Andrč Moreau; 3rd May 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Definitely a way of life for me, would feel incomplete without it - and the search...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    I'm the one who store bottles with several layers of parafilm to prevent evaporation !
    I put some in ziplock bag even at home. i know..i know..

I probably choose my scent mainly as accessories to what im wearing but a lot of the time it comes down to genre and a little bit of mood. I don't wear anything im not in the mood for but I usually have a choice of X type.

I also save a few for special occasions, whether the juice is special or not is debatable but they suit the things im going for in those occasions.

I would say regardless of how you choose, how you look after them, whether its a hobby etc I think the common thread is everyones just searching for their perfect scent(s).
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Many factors contribute to my choices - what I'm wearing, my mood, and what I have to do for the day. Overall my collection is eclectic, to cover a wide range of scenarios. My harder to find fragrances (i.e. vintage RL chaps, don't laugh) don't get as much play so I can conserve them.

I also worry unnecessarily about my fragrances going bad as I've invested decent money, time and effort into my collection. So yes, I really care for my fragrances. Scoring something I have desired for a long time is such a great feeling.