Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 2nd of May 2013

Good morning everyone.

On Polish Flag Day I'm wearing Le Labo Rose 31

Default Re: SotD Thursday 2nd of May 2013

Good morning,

On a chypre kick lately...

Parure EdT and Sous le Vent yesterday and today's SotD is:
    Mitsouko Extrait layered with vintage PdT.

Have a good day all!

Mornings!

La Pausa Chanel.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Morning All,

Beautiful, sunny Spring day again. Will try and catch a few precious rays at lunchtime.

Vintage Eau Sauvage. Those pressurised spray bottles really do encourage a liberal application. Why did they go out of fashion ? CFCs or something ?

Have a lovely Thursday, gang.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Diptyque Eau Duelle for me today.

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Wearing Narcisse Noir, modern EDT, for work on this beautiful sunny day. lt's day seven of my eight-day stretch at work, & l'm seriously flagging now, & showing signs of a cold. l cannot wait for the weekend!

Hope you're feeling better, Twolf!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum (2011).
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Rive Gauche pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Enjoy your day, Lucas

SotD is Dzongkha.

Bonjour Mesdames!
    Midnight In Paris

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ocean Rain for Men for a rainy morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 2nd of May 2013

Hello everyone. Enjoy your day. Best to all

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post

Vintage Eau Sauvage.
    Aaah! Vintage Eau Suavage. Well you smell wonderful and you have made me think of my friend who was always beautifully fragranced, very often in Eau Sauvage. He died two years ago. Eau Sauvage will always make me think of him. It's a nice thing, not a sad one. So thank you.

Cabochard for me today (not vintage but damned good all the same). Have a good one all.

Gosh, ((Foustie)).
    A bitter-sweet fragrance for me also: This bottle belonged to my grandfather who passed away last October.

Creed Jardin D' Amalfi from a sample

cello I am so looking forward to reading your Month of the Iris reviews! Well at least I hope you're going to review them as well as wear them this month. I would love to hear your thoughts!

teardrop, push those fluids! I'm sorry, being exhausted, feeling a cold coming on and still knowing there are days left of the same is no fun!

Foustie, that so touched me. I love that a scent can bring a person back to you like that.

I'm in JM Sweet Milk today. My first testing of this, and I have to say I don't really know what to think yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Gosh, ((Foustie)).
    A bitter-sweet fragrance for me also: This bottle belonged to my grandfather who passed away last October.
    Ah, so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. So we both have fond memories attached to Eau Sauvage. You know, I have had it in my mind to try to track down some vintage for a while now, just for the sake of nostalgia. I must get onto that. Enjoy your day.

Hello, everyone -

I'm in vintage No19, parfum and edt ...and watching the clouds gather and darken since Jazz Fest recommences later today. But rain's always a possibility for this event, and a little spring shower never hurt anyone. Why, we were soaked to the skin Sunday night and we survived just fine! I'm not really sure what Tony'll be up for, but I'll keep an open mind and not let the weather interfere too much.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

((teardrop)) - eek! I don't know how you manage to keep that up, but I sure hope your weekend arrives quickly and unfolds slowly.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, good smelling people.

The mango et mure et mure et musc combination that I like so much; Mango body lotion & Mure Et Musc Extreme.

Body Shop has released some of their body care scents as EDTs, Mango is one, picked that up for $8 - some of my daughters love the smell but don't like lotions and creams....

Eau de Chicken Soup for now to be changed into the Eau de Apple Pie in an hour.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Cold and dreary this morning, but at least we're not getting
    snow like some are.

Get well wishes to Twolf, Teardrop and anyone else who needs it.

Wearing Cabaret this morning.

A happy Thursday to all!

Banana Republic ~ Malachite.

I love Eau de Apple Pie, ((Twolf))! You'll smell mmm mmm good!! Keep mending

(((Teardrop))) Fluids, Vitamin D, and hang in there -- you'll be overdue for some pampering this weekend.

Cello, I have to second elizrj's hope that you'll share your Month-of-Iris thoughts; now that I've found a few iris fragrances I like, I may do some more exploring.

Today is May 2nd. THERE ARE 2 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND! ::bangs head on desk::

Trying to calm down in SSS Voile de Violette.

Sensual Orchid Extrait de Parfum by LM Parfums.

Diorissimo! (I always state this in exclamation.)
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Plus

ExtremeK, I will stop whining about springtime in Maine now.

SOTD is Safran Troublant. It is sometimes the only way I can hold my s--t together.

Blog Entries

Eau de Chicken Soup gave me a chuckle, Twolf! Eau de Apple Pie sounds like maybe you are beginning to taste things again.

It's been a hard week with Mom and I feel off my fragrance again. Maybe later.

I finally settled on my old reliable mood-lifter, L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 2nd May 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    cello I am so looking forward to reading your Month of the Iris reviews! Well at least I hope you're going to review them as well as wear them this month. I would love to hear your thoughts!

teardrop, push those fluids! I'm sorry, being exhausted, feeling a cold coming on and still knowing there are days left of the same is no fun!

Foustie, that so touched me. I love that a scent can bring a person back to you like that.

I'm in JM Sweet Milk today. My first testing of this, and I have to say I don't really know what to think yet.
    Ditto those thoughts and comments.
    Sharing the house with elizrj, wearing Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf (hubby is away from the house so I can get away with it).
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Today is May 2nd. THERE ARE 2 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND! ::bangs head on desk::
    Makes me laugh. It was 80°F here yesterday! Too hot for what I was doing. Tool of the week is a cant hook. Wish I could vent some of my steam power toward teardrop. Good vibes to all of my BN cutiepies, healing ones aimed at Twolf.

Quarry, I have loved reading your posts lately. You seem to exude this happiness and contentment, all while actually doing what sounds like very tough manual labor. I mean, I didn't even know what a cant hook was til you posted. (I would have said that's me fishing... can't hook).

I couldn't help but just smile reading your post saying you can't imagine anyone being happier than you are at that moment. I pray that is what we all experience this year and can hang onto, because it just has to be the best possible feeling.

Good Morning, everyone!

It's quite miserable here too. Cold, extremely windy, and extremely dusty. I think we heading for another Dust Bowl. All house is covered by red dirt.

Staying cozy in my long neglected L'Artisan Mon Numero 10. Perfect amber - not too sweet, too cloying, or too annoying.

Evangeline, you smell heavenly...

My yesterday purchase, Davidoff Silver Shadow Pure Blend.
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Hi Quarry
    Good to get your positive update, Wolfie! Continued feeling better wishes!
    En Avion sprayed in a mist on my upper body and let dry before I put on my T-Shirt. That's the way to wear it.

Basenotes Institution

Play Red by Comme des Garcons

Finished my sample, and wow this stuff I really like it. It's not reinventing the wheel but the cinnamon note in it is distinctive and unusual. Rarely do you smell fruit and spice smelling so...industrial and shiny/synthetic. I could see owning a decant of this.

elizrj - I love that Jo Malone. One of my favorite. Bottles are pretty scarce, these days. Enjoy!
    Quarry - I remember you bought that Jo Malone when we were together in New Orleans, right? I love that one too. Such a soft yet vivid mint. It reminds me of the disco'd CDG one, that Duchaufour did, in the Series 1.
    30 Roses - I love L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger and every time I see it I think of you, it's sort of 'your' scent in my mind
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

((Mike))

*off to my errands*

Hello all!

House twin with many of you, today- Séville à l'aube is my SotD.
    My days in Rome have filled so much my nostrils with lemon and orange blossom scent that I needed to recreate a small atmosphere here too....

Have a nice evening!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    lt's day seven of my eight-day stretch at work, & l'm seriously flagging now, & showing signs of a cold. l cannot wait for the weekend!
    You and me both !. Let's pray your impending cold turns out to be a false alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Cello, I have to second elizrj's hope that you'll share your Month-of-Iris thoughts.
    Joining the ranks of those living in hope - and could you possibly arrange to send some of your snow my way

SotE - Odin 04 Petrana.

Yeah, ExtremeK, and they have probably opened the swimming pool (we have had 4", JR!).

The senses have temporarily returned (moisture from the cooking chicken?) and permanently went away. I have not been unwell like this in a long time. Cooking without smelling is sort of scary -- no idea what you are getting as a result. No stamina or inclination to do anything else, and all this spare time! Stooooooooopid, I know!

Q., by the sound of it "cant hook" would convey sort of dirty stuff to me, non?

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 2nd of May 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Hello everyone, Diptyque Eau Duelle for me today.

Terri, thanks for the Caravaggio Narcissus
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Dior - Ambre Nuit

Blog Entries

I might go sniffing later on so I haven't put on anything...
    If I end up staying home I will probably wear Chanel Cuir de Russie.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Gosh, snow and colds?!? Doesn't sound good at all... get well soon, Twolf, and I'm sending some of this 80F and sunny weather to those who want it.

Guerlain Sous le Vent for me today.
    Yesterday's scent was Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil - received (from a stranger) a pretty flirtatious compliment about it.

It's been a beautiful sunny spring day here and I've been trying out a new sample of B by Boucheron, and it's really rather pleasant.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Thanks & hugs to elizrj, Evangeline, Kiliwia, ExtremeK, Q & Jon for the get well wishes!

l'm not scented this evening as l have sniffles & sneezes. Very rare for me not to feel like spritzing something after getting home from work. Ah well, one more day & l'll have four whole days off to recover. Saturday will be mainly spent sleeping, l think!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    ExtremeK, I will stop whining about springtime in Maine now.

SOTD is Safran Troublant. It is sometimes the only way I can hold my s--t together.
    SaNielsen, having gone to undergrad in Vermont, I can say with certainty that I will still take the Great Plains version of "spring" over New England Mud Season -- but I do appreciate your sympathy. However, I'll take Portland over just about anywhere!

As for holding one's s--t together, I can only agree. But I've yet to figure out what fragrance helps me do that. My usual suspects are Tam Dao, Bois de Violette, and Aomassai. It sounds like you need a May Basket of HUGS!!! ((((((((((SaNielsen))))))))))

Quarry, I wish to goodness I were out there working with you. I miss having an "out there" to work on. And my apartment faces north, so herbs-in-pots don't really work -- at least not for basil, cilantro, oregano ... you know, the summer staples.

Jon Rodgers, you can HAVE all of the blasted stuff. Except it's melted already. And the sun's sort of out. And I have a massage and facial in 2 short hours. So there's that.

Twolf, if temps weren't forecast to drop to freezing tonight, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that the pools had been filled today. (They were uncovered, cleaned, repainted, and just waiting for water when I went to exercise yesterday.) I'm betting they fill them on Saturday morning. This spring has been nuts.

((Teardrop)), if you aren't feeling the spritz tonight, might I suggest an advance choosing of your wine o'clock for Saturday evening, after your well-deserved sleep?
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 2nd May 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Twolf, how terrible to lose your sense of smell! I know I have read stories of people permanently losing that due to usage of Zicam swabs... terrifying! Yours will be back soon, I imagine... and it's too bad that you are lacking of stamina or now would be the time to do all those smelly chores, like cleaning out the fridge :P

Jon, what a heartbreakingly beautiful Iris! Any chance you know which one that is?

Mike, the sweet milk is courtesy of a sample pass, and I have enjoyed it immensely today. Had it still been widely available I may consider a bottle. I'd probably sleep in it!

So sorry for all you having terrible weather. It was gorgeous today, and made me happy I work sort of outside. I'm in our warehouse, and all the large doors are open to the lovely day. Come late July I will undoubtedly feel differently!

In this Sandalwood number of mine again. Will be finishing the night in some vintage 80's L'Heure Bleue.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Jon, what a heartbreakingly beautiful Iris! Any chance you know which one that is?
    Certainly do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_chrysographes

Basenotes Plus

Twolf and Extreme K, I'm sorry to hear that you are getting more snow, I certainly feel for you. Ours is mostly gone but we've had nasty windchills the last couple of days. Our weatherman said this morning that we've had 8 months of winter, actually that's not quite true, October 4th-May 4th is 7 months, we'll be starting our 8th month after that. It's still crazy, normally we have 5 months of winter.

Wearing Poet's Jasmine this afternoon.

Good Evening, Everyone!
    SOTD - Vintage Miss Dior extrait
    I love it because it's an old school Oak moss work of art

Hey y'all -

I'm now in Annick Goutal's sultry Songes ...just perfect for this wet and warm evening.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lovely thread today; remove the snow (or just send it to JR!) and it would be perfect. Sampled Guerlain Nuit d'Amour earlier, too sweet. Seems to be sort of a Guerlain answer to Chanel Coco Mlle. But lacks the green patchouli to cut the sugary berries and flowers. Needless to say, the Chanel is easier for me to wear.

Now in Tuscany per Donna, from one of SaNielsen's awesome giveaways. I know our Kalli loves this and she has good taste indeed! Very nice, these dry florals are hitting the spot after the earlier sweetness.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Yes, Twolf, some dirty work is attached to the other end of my cant hook (we own two--doesn't everybody?). When the utilities ran high-tension lines through the neighborhood a few years ago, they offered us the wooden utility poles they plucked up out of the ground. We didn't know what we'd do with them, but I trusted they'd come in handy, and many have. However, there are a few lying about that need to get out of the way of the paving company coming in two weeks, so I'm moving 9-foot-long sections around to the other side of the house. The ones embedded with creosote are heavy as stone. Moving heavy objects remains my peculiar pleasure, however, there were frustrating moments yesterday when I'd have recanted my "couldn't be happier" posture, elizrj. Being tapered, the poles just don't roll in a straight line. But, yes, there's a great deal of happiness to be associated with making progress toward a lifelong goal, and I do wish everyone could know the satisfaction you see expressed on the face of a winning Olympian, cuz that's how I feel. I also wish, with all my might, that everybody could have the physical strength and absence of pain I enjoy. I used to curse these stout legs and build, but they have served me so well, I can only rejoice in their service.

ExtremeK, a north-facing apartment? Aww, frowny face. Somewhere there's a lay of land waiting patiently for you.

Yep, Mike, that's the JM I bought in your good company. You're so in tune.

Hugs and hi-hi's to each and every one of you dear stinkers.

Snow flurries and/or sleet today. Is it really May? Of course, it didn't stick, but still ... I'm wearing Kerosene Copper Skies today. Lovely. It's my day off, but I went into work anyway. We had a farewell pot-luck lunch today for a co-worker leaving. Hubby made a big pot of pulled pork for sandwiches; they were a BIG hit.

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Posting late, wearing Miss Rocaille. It worked surprisingly well today.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Dior Homme Intense

Agent Provocateur

Have a great day!