Code of Conduct

Default Viktor and Rolf Antidote officially discontinued

I emailed VR regarding Antidote and I got this reply:

Thank you for asking us about Viktor & Rolf Antidote Eau De Toilette Spray. We are sorry to tell you that it was discontinued and that we do not have any available for you to purchase.

It was not easy for us to make the decision to discontinue Viktor & Rolf Antidote Eau De Toilette Spray. This was a wonderful product that we know some of our consumers will miss. Unfortunately, demand was not high enough for us to continue manufacturing it. As consumers ourselves, we understand how disappointing it can be when a favorite product or shade is no longer offered.

Default Re: Viktor and Rolf Antidote officially discontinued

This has been discussed on the forum before, most know it was discontinued about a year ago.

Personally, it's no major loss to me. Antidote was a weak incense fragrance trying to be like M7.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Too bad...what a great fragrance....luckily I bought a big bottle last year that will last enough for me to enjoy it
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

I'm lucky enough to have a 75ml almost full bottle from 2006 I think. I don't wear it often but I like having it.

One of my fav scents. It projects very well. Still have about 50ml left.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Have a full large bottle so I'm fine with the current situation.

I have a few small splash bottles...about .25 oz of the stuff. I really enjoyed it, but it's easy to see why it didn't appeal to the masses. Nice incense.

Party Time!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

good riddance

Blog Entries

Discontinued yes, but Antidote is easy to find -- at least around here. Besides, I still have an almost full 4.2 oz bottle complete with cap and box. Maybe worth something in the future.

Go to boots or debenhams, easy peasy

I'd sell mine so fast, if it wasn't leaking

Sad never got around to getting a bottle. Just have a small mini .25oz or something. Hope it comes back, I won't pay the crazy prices they are asking for it now.

sold my 2.5 oz bottle for 40 bucks over the fall. should have waited..

Ya, no kidding. I went on eBay the other day and saw some going for $150 and $80 for half full. I like Antidote, but not that much. I'll pass at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger wood View Post
    sold my 2.5 oz bottle for 40 bucks over the fall. should have waited..

What a shame. It's a lovely scent.

I bought a new bottle in Debenhams a couple of months ago, to see how much it would go for on eBay. It went for €5 less than I paid for it.

they should have discontinued spicebomb instead! I'm glad I have my two bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    they should have discontinued spicebomb instead! I'm glad I have my two bottles.
    Absolutely. Now THAT'S an overrated scent in my opinion.

This is going to be one of those collector only fragrances. Reminded me of many fragrances, but I got Egoiste with incense the most. Problem is that Egoiste is $80 or less a bottle and this is twice as much now. Good value at $40, but anything more than that is robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    good riddance

A*Men

A damn shame. One of the most interesting designers scents i've smelt. Thankfully, i've barely made a dent in my 100ml bottle.

Exactly.
    What a dismal scent that one is.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This has been discussed on the forum before, most know it was discontinued about a year ago.

Personally, it's no major loss to me. Antidote was a weak incense fragrance trying to be like M7.
    No it was officially discontinued in January this year as per the email from Viktor and Rolf , thats not a year ago, besides its good for others to know. I know there was another thread regarding this and I even posted on that, but to rule out speculation I emailed them and posted this for the benefit of other members.If you knew it was discontinued, good for you, I posted this for those members who did not know.
    Last edited by vinramani09; 3rd April 2013 at 12:07 AM.

We have Spicebomb!

I agree, I have a 75 ml bottle and will be acquire Antidote from a local fragrance shop which has the 125 ml at a very reasonable price. Spicebomb seems like a watered down One Million to me.

Viktor & Rolf is little more than another faux luxury brand trying to punch way above it's weight class. It's unsurprising that this dreck was discontinued. Spicebomb is a respectable scent, but who knows, this company is probably going the direction of Phat Pharm and Juicy Couture, relegated to the hall of brand poseurs. Do yourself a favour, if you want to have a signature scent that's likely to last more than a few seasons, stick with Chanel or Dior.

Honestly, no big loss. I tried to love it, but no go.

IMO, they should have launched Spicebomb first, then Antidote as a follow-up. People were expecting a masculine equivalent to Flowerbomb after that mega-success was launched - Antidote wasn't it. BTW, I liked Antidote, but despise Spicebomb.

P.S.: I have an Antidote aftershave balm, full, unopened, in box. PM me if you're interested with your best offer.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I blind bought Spicebomb and really disliked it, so I quickly sold it. Based on all the hype here I was about to pull the trigger on Antidote when a generous forum member sent me a decant along with a trade. I really dislike it as well, so I'm glad I didn't pay what it's going for. I'd pick up a bottle to resell later, but that's it.

Basenotes Member

Tempted to pick this up. I remember wanting to try it so much but being very disappointed on first sniff. Second time trying it was interesting. Seems a bit expensive compared to other brands though.

Can't stand Spicebomb.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

You better hide from SorceryOfScent.

for swap/sale:

I found the big bottle 125ml spray for only 55 euros her in Athens. I found i in a perfume shop that had one bottle left. Also have oun a 75 ml bottle as well in another shop.

Glad I've got a bottle.