Code of Conduct

Default Fake Creed Aventus

Hi,
    Unfortunately it's yet another 'is my xxxx fake' thread. But I can't seem to see any similar queries as mine.

I bought a 120ml bottle of Creed Aventus from an online shop (not eBay) at a decent discount £50 for my wedding day as the (new) wife loves it - as do I. However, when it arrived I immediately had my doubts.

1. There is no lot ID / Serial # on the label on the box.
    2. The wraparound black label on the bottle is peeling off.
    3. There is no lot ID / Serial # etched into the bottom rim of the bottle. There is however, a very, very faint etching just above the label on the back of the bottle. It looks like a serial # but can't be sure.
    4. It doesn't last very long at all on the skin. Whereas, the testers in Fenwicks would last a long time.
    5. I don't think it smells as per the shops. Although this could just be my mind playing tricks based on the prior 3 points!!

What do you guys think based on those 5 points?

I could possibly take photos later when I get home.

Cheers!

Default Re: Fake Creed Aventus

what makes your thread not a "similar query" to the countless "fake creed" threads out there?

Anyway, some legit juice from dicounters miss serial numbers, Most aventus bottle (even from authorized retailers) have the peeling issue. The test is how it smells and longevity. If it is shitty on both counts, return it!

I couldn't find a similar question about missing serial numbers from both box and bottle.
    But thanks anyway.

For that price? No wonder. Take photos it could be legit.

The bottom line is if you're not happy, return it and get it elsewhere.

I've owned 3 FB's of Aventus so far (bought once the previous one's over - i dont stock on creed's) - all 3 have been a bit diff from the other - the 2nd was downright horrible - lasted 2 hrs the most...

Its not me or the parfum user - its Creed and their inability to maintain proper QC...Shame as they cost quite a bit and IMO are not worth it nowadays...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    I've owned 3 FB's of Aventus so far (bought once the previous one's over - i dont stock on creed's) - all 3 have been a bit diff from the other - the 2nd was downright horrible - lasted 2 hrs the most...

Its not me or the parfum user - its Creed and their inability to maintain proper QC...Shame as they cost quite a bit and IMO are not worth it nowadays...
    How is this related to OP's concern about his bottle?

Thanks for the responses!

I was more concerned that there were no serial IDs on the white label and bottle as they seem to be included on everything I've seen in store and online.

Are you saying that you paid £ 50, or that the bottle was £ 50 less than RRP? If it's the former I would strongly suspect it to be fake!

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    How is this related to OP's concern about his bottle?
    OP's points 4 & 5 are all to do with QC of Creed's & IMO their inability to maintain the scent structure of one their parums from one batch to another...maybe creed should start labelling aventus march 2013 / aventus april 2013 & so on...

Of all the brands that i own / sampled, none have been as bad as creed with rgds to changes in the parfum from their previous batches - no wonder BN is filled with creed batch # queries...

Basenotes Junkie

Telling us where you purchased it can go a long way to determining its authenticity. Sooooooo, where'd ya buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    Telling us where you purchased it can go a long way to determining its authenticity. Sooooooo, where'd ya buy it?
    +1. None of your 5 points make me think its fake.

£50 off RRP - I.e. £145. I'm not totally daft!!

I'm not sure if its just paranoia but it definitely doesn't last as long on the skin.
    The testers I tried on my skin seemed to change fragrance over the first 15-30mins (for the better I must add!), yet my current bottle just comes out somewhere in between.

All that, plus absence of serials just got me thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    Are you saying that you paid £ 50, or that the bottle was £ 50 less than RRP? If it's the former I would strongly suspect it to be fake!
    +1 If it cost you £50, no one would be making any money unless it was faked or stolen.

Update: missed your answer to this. Send it back then
    Last edited by Kaern; 2nd May 2013 at 06:18 PM.

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The bottom line is if you're not happy, return it and get it elsewhere.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Nickc85 View Post
    "Daft", I love that word. Isn't used in America enough, or at all that I'm aware of. Maybe I'll start.

I say it all the time - if you buy from the grey market, you are rolling the dice. Fake, old, mistreated, kicked around the globe... who knows.

If it's a fragrance you really love, get it from an authorized distributor. That is why I think you should return it - even if you become convinced it is authentic (if it indeed is), you will always wonder if it were sitting in a hot warehouse for 2 years, or who knows where. You will then own a fragrance that you still paid a fair amount of money for that you will always feel a little funny about. Fresh Juice = piece of mind = happier in long run.

Of all the "Is my Creed ___ fake" threads I have ever seen... never did it start with "Just received my order from the Creed Boutique..."

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I say it all the time - if you buy from the grey market, you are rolling the dice. Fake, old, mistreated, kicked around the globe... who knows.

If it's a fragrance you really love, get it from an authorized distributor. That is why I think you should return it - even if you become convinced it is authentic (if it indeed is), you will always wonder if it were sitting in a hot warehouse for 2 years, or who knows where. You will then own a fragrance that you still paid a fair amount of money for that you will always feel a little funny about. Fresh Juice = piece of mind = happier in long run.

Of all the "Is my Creed ___ fake" threads I have ever seen... never did it start with "Just received my order from the Creed Boutique..."

I'm not sure there's anything really to add any more. Nutshell.
    Cheers!

If you'd done a search, one of the first things you'd notice is that a peeling label is, sadly, a sign that your bottle is legit. My Aventus label was peeling the moment I removed it from the box. Interestingly, ten months later, it's not peeling any more than it was on day one. Odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    "Daft", I love that word. Isn't used in America enough, or at all that I'm aware of. Maybe I'll start.
    YES! Do start. Daft is such a quality word. And it's definitely underused here in the states.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I'm not sure there's anything really to add any more. Nutshell.
    Cheers!
    So you've decided that its fake or real? Post some pics, and tell us where you purchased it from.

I couldn't find a similar question about missing serial numbers from both box and bottle.
    But thanks anyway.
    Do you know where to look? The number is printed in the glass along the bottom edge and it can be hard to spot if you don't. Follow the peeling sticker edge down to the bottom lip of the bottle.

It's a shame Creed has such quality control issues. Their bottles are very handsome.

Even legit black wrapping peels and it probably will smell different to the one in Fenwick's because there is a big variation in smells between batches.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if its just paranoia but it definitely doesn't last as long on the skin.
    The testers I tried on my skin seemed to change fragrance over the first 15-30mins (for the better I must add!), yet my current bottle just comes out somewhere in between.

All that, plus absence of serials just got me thinking...
    You are, coz you could get a 100% legit bottle for £119 on Cheapsmells who have it in stock every few weeks.

Sounds fishy, please post some pics

All I'm going to add is that it would be really daft to pay even more from A Creed boutique.

If it smells like rotten poison then it is fake. If it smells anything like Aventus then it is real.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/365...-Creed-Aventus
    Last edited by heperd; 2nd May 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Hi,
    Unfortunately it's yet another 'is my xxxx fake' thread. But I can't seem to see any similar queries as mine.

I bought a 120ml bottle of Creed Aventus from an online shop (not eBay) at a decent discount £50 for my wedding day as the (new) wife loves it - as do I. However, when it arrived I immediately had my doubts.

3. There is no lot ID / Serial # etched into the bottom rim of the bottle. There is however, a very, very faint etching just above the label on the back of the bottle. It looks like a serial # but can't be sure.
    4. It doesn't last very long at all on the skin. Whereas, the testers in Fenwicks would last a long time.
    5. I don't think it smells as per the shops. Although this could just be my mind playing tricks based on the prior 3 points!!

Cheers!
    Congrats on your wedding!
    Some legit Creeds DO have the lot number placed on the back bottom rim instead of the very bottom of the bottle. When you lift the sprayer top, the parts of the sprayer underneath should be white and not metallic. Metallic underparts is a sign of a fake. Also the spray itself should be wide, evenly dispersed and not like "squirts." Go to YOUTUBE and search their two excellent videos on Fake Creeds. Also, go to ShaveDen and search fake creeds and you will see pics of bloggers with their Fake Creeds side by side with the Real Creeds. Hope this helps!

Hi,

Cheers!
    Definitely gonna need pictures to make any kind of progress in determining if it's a fake.

This is the first fake Aventus I think i've ever heard of on here!

...besides Fresco of course

The peeling sticker is a dead giveaway that it's probably real, not fake. The sticker is curling up a little at the seam where it overlaps, right? That's not uncommon for Aventus bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by NineInchNell View Post
    When you lift the sprayer top, the parts of the sprayer underneath should be white and not metallic. Metallic underparts is a sign of a fake. Also the spray itself should be wide, evenly dispersed and not like "squirts."
    White? Do you mean the inside of the cap, or the underside of the sprayer inside the bottle? Or something else? The inside of my cap is black, and the underside of my sprayer looks metallic. There's no white anywhere on my sprayer at all. It's all black. Are you sure you're talking about the 4oz bottle?

I think we're all probably totally confusing this guy, and I'm willing to bet his bottle is real.

The only way to truly know if you have a real one is by smelling the juice. If you smell Royal Pineapple then it's real, Creed is the only one with access to Royal Pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    The only way to truly know if you have a real one is by smelling the juice. If you smell Royal Pineapple then it's real, Creed is the only one with access to Royal Pineapple.
    Valid point!

My bottle also has Napoleon's signature on the back, knew right away it was authentic!

My bottle of Aventus is nearly see through considering how much has peeled away.

Call Scotland Yard and get UN and BHO involved. We're talking Aventus here!

P.S. Creed is the only one with access to royal oud royal pineapple and royal see trough bottles

We got the comedian club going in here, haha.

Seriously though, congrats on your wedding.

The easiest way I have been able to identify fakes from reals when it comes to Creed is by removing the spritzer and checking for the white o-ring that lines the interior. All the knock-offs that I have seen don't bother to do this and have a clear or opaque plastic o-ring inside. Of course this is just from my experience and maybe times have changed and the counterfeiters have even started doing it now as well.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme