Code of Conduct

Default Ready to Try Some New Scents

Hi everyone. I am still pretty new to the "frag game", but have a small collection that I'd like to expand. Here are my top 5 currently in rotation. Based on these, I'd love some other recommendations. Thanks!

• Coromandel
    • Egoiste
    • Allure homme edition blanche - I guess that officially makes me a "Chanel Guy"
    • Terre d'Hermes EDP
    • Habit Rouge

Again, being a newbie, I realize that this list might seem all over the map. but I like what I like. As I said, I'm ready to try some new scents, so thanks in advance for your help!

Default Re: Ready to Try Some New Scents

Les Jeux Sont Faits by Jovoy Parfums.

You have some wonderful fragrances to start. I would add another from Chanel, Sycomore.

I would also throw out there:
    L'occitane Eau des Baux
    Mauboussin M Generation
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

How about:

Diptyque-34 Blvd St-Germain
    Malle-Geranium pour Monsieur
    and a wonderful citrus/aromatic frag. from Acqua de Parma

Of course, start by sampling.

Cheers and welcome Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Hi, Gary,
    I saw you had Allure Homme Edition Blanche 2008 on your Wish List, so why not get that? I saw some online retailers who have that fragrance - it's perfect for a Chanel Man. Another one to try is Creed Aventus. HAPPY SHOPPING

Quote Originally Posted by NineInchNell View Post
    Hi, Gary,
    I saw you had Allure Homme Edition Blanche 2008 on your Wish List, so why not get that? I saw some online retailers who have that fragrance - it's perfect for a Chanel Man. Another one to try is Creed Aventus. HAPPY SHOPPING
    Oops - I forgot to move that to my list of what I own! Thanks for catching that and for the suggestion!

Coromandel and Egoiste are all warm, complex woody things. You could explore some Lutens that are also warm and woody, like Santal majuscule or Jeux de peau (sandalwoody-type of scents like Egoiste) or Borneo (patchouli). You could also check a smooth sandalwoody leather like Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland or Chanel Cuir de Russie.

cacio

Thanks for all of the great suggestions so far! I appreciate your time and knowledge. I would welcome advice from anyone else who has any ideas.

You should go test some Eau Sauvage Parfum, that one is so very very good, do make sure it is the "Parfum" its a different fragrance altogether from the normal Eau Sauvage. I am not sure how it will do in Texas though, I have been wearing it in any weather and enjoy it.

Hi Gary,

I think you might like L'Air Du Desert Marocain, it's a great "entrance" frag if you're looking to take a foray into niche territory. Very unique, I found it mind-blowing the first time I tried it.

And one more that I recommend, as it's an excellent vanilla based frag that is versatile, fairly complex, and not too heavy is "Eau Duelle" by Diptyque. I bought this recently and I love wearing it. It's such an easy wear, but such a nice fragrance--vanilla, cedar, vetiver, and some smoke...really nice.

Some oud perhaps, Montale white oud or black oud. Amouage jubilation or epic for resinous. Amouage interlude for incense.

I'll recommend you spend a little time with the Dior Homme line.

My advice would be to pick up some samples eBay, LuckyScent, here...browsing here and reading fragrance notes and reviews can help you make a decision on what ones you'd like to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary F View Post
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions so far! I appreciate your time and knowledge. I would welcome advice from anyone else who has any ideas.

Christian Dior Fahrenheit.