Code of Conduct

Default Wanted - someone kind enough to forward parcels from US to Australia

Hi everyone
    I find it endlessly frustrating that I cannot purchase many things I would dearly love because shipping to Australia is not offered.

Is there anyone out there, whom I know reasonably well, and who knows me through Basenotes, who might be so kind as to offer to forward things on to me from their US address? Naturally, I would bear all costs and would make money needed available immediately.

I would not use your help too often, but just occasionally, I come across something that is so precious that I hate to miss out on it. PM me if you might like to help.

Default Re: Wanted - someone kind enough to forward parcels from US to Australia

Why not seek a proxy service?
    In the UAE we have a courier forwarding service called Aramex. Very expensive though.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Wanted - someone kind enough to forward parcels from US to Australia

It might be worth posting a request in the Fragrances Wanted board when there's a specific thing you want. eg. "Wanted: Someone to purchase Musc Ravageur and send to me"

As another Australian, I deal with the fragrances I dearly want to try but can't by simply pretending they don't exist

I am not in the US, but because of the new restrictions, if you get someone they will have to use ground/by boat so you are looking at perhaps up to six weeks for anything to arrive.
    DONNA

I wish I can help - but living in Canada is a not the best with rgds to shipping parfums - your best bet is to find someone trustworthy in California, USA - shipping from there to Aus should probably be the cheapest
    or
    get / find someone who is an air hostess / pilot with any Aus airline and have them bring your stuff - i remember a friend of mine in India used to do that...

What is it you need / Want?

I go to the post office to ship my perfumes frequently... I know the Customs Paperwork drill...
    I probably ship to foreign addresses at least twice a week.

I live in California.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Hi Paul

What I have done in the past is addressed my parcel to me c/- a US address. Upon arrival, my friend puts a new address label on it, a customs declaration form and forwards it on to me in Oz. Presumably you have suitable wording for the customs forms, from experience.

This wouldn't be a big job if you are at the post office frequently, however, it can be a problem for my friend in a rural area, where postal services apparently are not reliable.

I pay the postal charges via PayPal as soon as we know the charge.

This arrangement is only necessary when something rare is available that cannot be sent out of the US. Most of the time, I can persuade Ebayers to consider sending it to me in Australia. However, being a collector of vintage, it's those once in a lifetime opportunities for which I need a plan B. One such bottle is currently haunting me. It's the last bottle to complete a collection of Jean Patou.

Cheers
    Lili

Seems OK... And with your experience, have you had any issues with Aussie Postal people blowing up your packages like they do with x-raying boxes and blowing them up in the UK?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Our postal workers haven't reached that level of fascism yet, nor do I think they will. I have never had anything go wrong with anything I have received from anywhere in the world. Naturally, I have received many, many 'collectible crystal bottles, toiletries, makeup samples,etc'. We all just 'play the game'.

So, go ahead and send me a note through my website, seen in my signature, and I'll send you back my address...

- - - Updated - - -

LiliB, I just saw a new important for you Ebay users agreement update, it regards USA Sellers, and International Shipments, it just may facilitate better shipments to you when buying there:

Key updates to the eBay User Agreement:
    • Provisions regarding Global Shipping Program. We added provisions describing the Global Shipping Program, through which we may make your domestic U.S. listings available to international buyers. For items that are located in the United States and that you sell through the Global Shipping Program, you will simply ship the sold item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States, where a third party global technology and shipping provider will oversee the processing, customs clearance, and international shipment of the item to the buyer. Buyers will pre-pay all applicable shipping and import charges during checkout and will benefit from international tracking of the item from the parcel processing facility through delivery.

Unless you have previously opted into the Global Shipping Program or are a new user, we may make your eligible new and existing listings available to international buyers through the Global Shipping Program only after you have indicated a desire to take advantage of this program in the form of an electronic click-through acceptance of the User Agreement or otherwise. Your participation in the Global Shipping Program will be subject to additional terms and conditions, including an agreement with that provider for the provision of its services to you.

See Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this User Agreement update as it applies to the Global Shipping Program.

Thank you for being a part of the eBay Community.

Sincerely,

The eBay Team
    Last edited by pkiler; 4th May 2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Thanks to all who have responded, and thanks so much to Paul. I have sent you a message.

I have considered a freight forwarding service once before, but on closer investigation, felt it would add considerably to the cost of getting things to me. One service requires an annual fee to be paid, and I don't honestly think I would get enough use out of it, to warrant the annual subscription.

Living as I do on the other side of the world, freight can add dramatically to the cost of my purchases. To my shock, recently I have seen prices as high as $100 quoted on Ebay for international freight. That sort of thing is totally out of the question for me.

One seller of vintage perfume, who has some wonderful things, but totally overpriced, charges $47 for freight. Add that to perhaps $200-$300 and as a percentage, the freight has added quite a proportion to the cost of your item.

- - - Updated - - -

So, today, I have finally managed to confirm my purchase of the last piece of the Ma Collection jigsaw, the rare and wonderful Colony. Having had a brain fade and ordering Cocktail, thinking it was Colony, I was mortified to think that perhaps the mind wasn't what it used to be.

Thanks to Paul's help, it should be reaching California in a matter of days, and soon be winging its way over the Pacific to my dusty little home town. To say I'm happy, is an understatement!!!