Code of Conduct

Default SotD: Friday 3rd May, '13

Good Morning Everyone,

TGIF!!! Very much looking forward to the long May Day weekend.

Reaching for this always has me thinking of: 1) Larimar, who introduced me to the scent via a sample, and 2) Arwen_Elf, who has long sung its praises. Mr. Rodgers is a fan too, I believe.

Have a great Friday, all.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 3rd May 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Default Re: SotD: Friday 3rd May, '13

Hello all. SL Encen et Lavande
    DONNA

Morning all! In synch with the mood-lifting Eau Ressourcante
    by Clarins. Gorgeous combination of basil, lemon, iris, benzoin and cedar
    keeping it natural and simple. I love to wear this on hot summer days or after a
    bath/shower to relax me and make me feel I can cope with anything.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Early start to the day in Chergui and now changed to En Avion again.
    Hi G.! Best to all!

Teasing by Melfleurs

Have a great Friday everyone. SotD C&E West Indian Lime.
    SotE Mon Número 10, thanks for the sample Whitefluffy!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight in Paris

Good morning everyone Today I'm in the mood lifting Dolce Vita Have a great day all!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, SOTD is Worth Courtesan

Notes include cinnamon, cardamom, clove, pineapple, red berries, bergamot, orange blossom, magnolia, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, peach, caramel, raspberry, chocolate, cocoa beans, amber, vanilla, musk

It may sound OTT, but in the hands of Pierre Bourdon it's a well-composed oriental where sweet fruits and flowers are reined in by dusty-dry cocoa and spice (I get almost all cardamom)

Happy Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning everyone! I'm a crazy woman trying to tie up all my loose ends before I leave in a week. There are too many, I'm not sure I can get them all... I'm hoping this weekend to make a dent in my lists.

Quarry, you need to teach a class in loving yourself and loving your life.

I'm testing Jo Malone's Wild Fig & Cassis today. Oh my goodness is this green, green, chop up a fig tree, green. When I first put it on I was a little put off, but it's mellowing a bit. It's no longer punching me in the nose and I'm starting to warm to it.

Hope everyone is having a warmer, sunnier day today.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Mr. Rodgers is a fan too, I believe.
    You believe correctly, sir in fact you may just have influenced my decision for todays SotE.

In synch today with Geir. Seems to have gradually declined in popularity here on BN, but still always hits the spot for me and worthy of a permanent place in the wardrobe.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 3rd May 2013 at 11:41 AM.

queen of the universe

Synching with jolly Ralph Hot in all it's Scheherazade Goes to the IHOP glory. Goes well with fifth grade, too, which is my teaching assignment today.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Friday 3rd May, '13

Happy Friday well smelling Besenoters. Cheers

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone -

I'm in Gucci No1, vintage-70s edt. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Happy Friday, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day shaping up outside. Planning to check on all my perennials today to see if anything is starting to come up. There hasn't been anything so far, too cold. Can't wait for the lily of the valley and the irises to come up.

Wearing 24 Faubourg this morning.

Have a lovely day!

Bonjour Mesdames!
    Pierre Cardin - Cèdre Ambré

K., lovely poster, I have not seen it before with several bottles of F24 under my belt!).

No fragrance for me today either. Mr.T is coming down with what I have got, we think.

Montale ~ White Musk.

Good Morning, everyone!

Somewhat synching in not mine, but 30 Roses's picker upper - L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2005 . Mine is Jasmin de Nuit which I left for this evening. A little too sensuous for work .

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon.

La Traversée du Bosphore for me today.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Scrubbed off Montale Aoud Musk. Wearing some real Oudh now.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Institution

Homage by Amouage

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good morning all! I am back at work after a little stomach bug took me out for 24 hours. Yuck! But it is over now.

Sort of in synch with Chanel Bois des Iles. I suppose it lifts my spirits, since it is my all time favorite fragrance and I love to wear it

Happy Friday to all. Wine o'clock is at my house, since I am hosting a Happy Hour for a few tennis friends. You may join if you like. There will be wine for sure

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Well it's been a long, tough week, but finally it's over, and..... TGIF!!!! Been feeling rather feverish & shaky at work today, & still sneezing & sniffling, but l am now collapsed on the sofa with no intention of going anywhere until tomorrow night. Let's hope the beautiful weather will hang around for Sunday, at least!

SOTD was DK Gold, & l might spritz something else in a bit...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good evening!

Started day with beautiful Rue Cambon Chanel. Will change to mood lifter later))
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Blog Entries

Settled on Mayotte for this evening, from my little decant.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Morning all! In synch with the mood-lifting Eau Ressourcante
    by Clarins. Gorgeous combination of basil, lemon, iris, benzoin and cedar
    keeping it natural and simple. I love to wear this on hot summer days or after a
    bath/shower to relax me and make me feel I can cope with anything.

I really like the sound of this, kewart - looks well priced too. On the weekend sampling list !.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Wine o'clock is at my house, since I am hosting a Happy Hour for a few tennis friends. You may join if you like. There will be wine for sure

Already popped the cork here. About to hit the patio with a glass of gewürztraminer and bowl of mixed olives. Binoculars at the ready too as the Red Kites are soaring obligingly low here today.

Eau de Patou for the evening.

Poor Mr. Twolf! Hope he doesn't come down with it as badly as Mrs. You two deserve a break!

Synced in Jasminora today, just back from seeing the annual live butterfly display at our botanical conservatory. So beautiful but I was aggravated to see not only children but also adults touching and grabbing the butterflies' wings. Very bad news for the little beauties when this happens. We're even reminded not to touch by the caretakers. Some people just don't belong out in public, was very sad to see this behavior.

But on a happier note, spring seems to have finally found Indiana, yay! Hugs to everyone!

Edit: Oops, where is my mind?! Meant to send healing hugs to teardrop! Sounds like you need to tuck in for a long rest, dear sweetie.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 3rd May 2013 at 05:14 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

SOTE

Double-strength healing vibes for Twolf and Mr. Twolf -- I join PerfumedLady in hoping Mr. Twolf can either fight it off entirely or at least flout some of its virulence. I'm glad you're feeling some better, Twolf.

Be kind to yourself this weekend, (((Teardrop))). You deserve good rest and TLC

Cello and Jon, I wish I could join you right now in wine o'clock, but I have a ways to go yet ...

The snow's all melted and the sun is sort of out today, but it's still cold and windy. More like early March than May.

Quarry, I'm envious. One of these days, yes, I'll find a way to dig in the dirt again. I miss my shrubs and trees.

I'm twinned with iodine today in Traversee du Bosphore -- only of the only L'Artisans I enjoy.

Good Evening,

Smelling great, Jon !
    Get well soon, Teardrop.

Joining the Chanel crew in Cuir de Russie ( EdT) tonight. So, so glad it is Friday.

SSS To Dream for me today.

Jon Rodgers, my oldest daughter was at the swimming pool and a bird went overhead; she said "ooh look, a hawk!".
    Her friend replies "no, that's a kite.".
    "that's not a kite, that's a BIRD, stupid."
    "Yes, a bird. A KITE."

We have cooper hawks here (I call them the 'city hawks') and osprey, the seahawks, and kestrels, those are gorgeous. And all sorts of herons and egrets and ibis-es wandering around looking for lizards.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Swathed in Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Philosykos EdP by Diptyque

In sync with Seville a l'Aube.

Profumum - Eccelso

Trayee. Sigh.

I'm wearing something sprayed from a mystery decant I've had for ages. I have no idea what it is. Whenever I sniffed the spray nozzle in passing it seemed citrusy/neroli, which always lifts my mood so I thought it would be good for today's sync. When I sprayed it I got more petitgrain or bigarade than lush neroli. I'm not good at id'ing notes, but I think I get rose, iris and and a big clove blast, though I didn't smell clove before spraying on my skin. I have no idea what I'm wearing. I'm enjoying it anyway. It's a posh smelling eau de cologne type fragrance.

Jour d'Hermes during the day. Allure extrait by Chanel in the evening.

Have a great day!

Paco Rabanne Calandre. Definitely a mood lifter, as it reminds me of my carefree high school years, which is when I began wearing it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Midnight In Paris, edp.

Today I've been smelling fabulous whilst wearing vintage KL whilst being the muscle for forcing someone out of a friend's flat.

One of my friends found out earlier in the week that her lodger has spent the last few months gradually emptying all of her savings accounts, to the tune of about £9000. He has been away on holiday for the last week so we had time to cancel all of her cards, close down access to all of her accounts and make a plan for how to secure her flat, get hold of him on his return and get him into a police station without being rumbled and him scarpering. Cue child locks on the car doors and dumping him in the police station car park with enough friends around to make sure that he didn't try to weasel out of going in the door.

It's all a bit crap and barring a miracle, my friend has lost all of her savings with very little chance to force him to cough up any of it, but at least she can start again from now with her flat safe and can sleep knowing that the locks have been changed.

I'm knackered now (but I do smell good).
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Basenotes Institution

Turtle Vetiver Front by Les Nez

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Eau de Lalique, borrowed from Mom. I'm visiting Mom for a few days and didn't bring any 'fumes with me.

Have a great weekend, everybody!!!!!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

What a horror story, sfmedusa! I hope you get the man and that your friend can recover some of her money, if not most of it.

sfmedusa, that's an adventure! Hope you guys came out not too stirred! We all need a friend like you in our lives.....

Smelling a little, nothing much. Not ready for perfume yet.

Mr.T will probably get it all -- the winner always does!

treeman5823

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Happy Friday, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day shaping up outside. Planning to check on all my perennials today to see if anything is starting to come up. There hasn't been anything so far, too cold. Can't wait for the lily of the valley and the irises to come up.

Wearing 24 Faubourg this morning.

Have a lovely day!
    That is a beautiful picture.

happy is the bleu heart<3

In synch today by wearing Pink Sugar, one of best mood lifting scents I know.

Happy Friday, everyone ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh, sfmedusa, that sucks! I hope your plan to catch-a-thief is successful. At least she has enough evidence that he can be charged if/when he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    I'm knackered now (but I do smell good).
    What a story! What a wonderful friend you are! But what do you smell like, please do tell?

My original intentions of wearing Jasmin de Nuit this evening went out of the window when I made out like a bandit with a bagful, yes bagful, of Hanae Mori fragrances and related bath products. I was seriously worried for the plastic bag to burst and dump the contents on the concrete while I was carrying it to the car. Our Dillards not only halved the price but took additional 30 percent off on top of that. Now, gourmands and I don't mix, but lately I developed a sweet tooth for something delicious, cheerful, and carefree. So I guess I am still in synch with Hanae Mori N 1.

WF, I had to read the post twice: she is wearing vintage KL -- spicy loud-mellowing-soft Karl Lagerfeld.

Blog Entries

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    WF, I had to read the post twice: she is wearing vintage KL -- spicy loud-mellowing-soft Karl Lagerfeld.
    Oh yes, I see it now. Thank you, Twolf! I must have zoned out.

Sfmedusa, what a story! hope your friend can get some money bck.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm still up, having just updated records to take with me if I have to take Mom to the ER Saturday.

She's had leg swelling increasing over the course of the week, and tonight the nurse I called to look at her thought she might be developing cellulitis in her left leg, which is now redder, warmer and somewhat shiny.

Hubby will drive our daughter to school to take the SAT, and I'll be up early to check on Mom, talk to the day nurse-- and we'll take it from there depending on how things seem. It's going to be a short night, and will be followed by a long day, I think.