Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creed Help!

Default Creed Help!

Hi everyone!
    I've decided I'm finally going to to pull the trigger on Creed Green Irish Tweed!
    I'm not too concerned if it's ever been sprayed before, or batch numbers so much (as it is GIT and not Aventus). the only things i am concerned about is
    1) Is it Authentic.
    2) Is the juice good.
    I'm thinking about ordering off of Fragrancenet.com and was curious if anyone had any insight on this, and if they are trustworthy for Authenticity. Can anyone that knows Creed chime in on this please? and is this the best sight, or are there better ones to order creed online. I live in the United States (California). GIT is $315 US where i live and Fragrancenet is half of that.

I have heard from a few people now that Creed does not sell to re-sellers and i am wondering how sites like Fragrancenet.com etc, get these frags if they are Authentic. Any help?
    I really like this frag and want to add it to the collection. I thought about a split or a decant, but i like the bottle and like the juice. It's pure class. One more thing.... for a guy that wears flip flops shorts/t-shirt every day is this too formal or will it "class up"my beach vibe. I will be purchasing Aventus at the store shortly as well as a frag for the gf by Creed. i'm wondering if i can get away with buying GIT online though..
    Help, oh those who have helped before!!! lol

Default Re: Creed Help!

Fragrancenet would be fine for your Creed purchase.

Basenotes Member

Fragrancenet is good. I've only bought VIW from them, but experienced no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sempersurfer View Post
    I have heard from a few people now that Creed does not sell to re-sellers and i am wondering how sites like Fragrancenet.com etc, get these frags if they are Authentic. Any help?
    I have not heard of any fake Creeds through FragranceNet. They are a pretty good online source for fragrances.

Since it would come from the "Grey Market", there is no assurance that it is fresh (probably is a little old) or that it has been stored properly during its travels. But you save a lot. If you are going to get your Creed through an online discounter, this would be one of the best sites to get it from IMO.

Bought my 4 Creeds from fragancenet without any issues and I'm deeply in love with them. They all smell awesome with excellent longevity. Shipping is fast too. If you are unhappy, you can always return it. Pull the trigger before someone start talking about batch variation bullsh...... Enjoy!

Fragrancenet will do good for you.

Bought GIT from Fragrancenet and got a good bottle.

Bought GIT from them as well, recent bottle, good batch, no worries. I don't for a minute believe that Creed doesn't actually supply discounters with stock, most everything I've gotten has been just as new as stuff from the Creed boutique, if not newer.

Purchased a few Creeds from fragrancenet. GIT is a good choice. Enjoy!

Fragrancenet is fine. Bought Aventus (got a pretty decent batch) and VIW. Bought another bottle of Aventus from there for a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Puig View Post
    Bought GIT from them as well, recent bottle, good batch, no worries. I don't for a minute believe that Creed doesn't actually supply discounters with stock, most everything I've gotten has been just as new as stuff from the Creed boutique, if not newer.

Im with you re creed and discounters. Either they offer them stuff directly or through intermediaries. Its a facade they put up to sell more to the masses and maintain their "exclusivity" at the same time.

Anyway, OP you are fine with fragerancenet. No one can "guarantee" its authenticity but you are more likely than not going to get a real product. if you dont, return it and try again somewhere else. There are a ton of places to get GIT for relatively cheap.

Thanks a lot everyone! I pulled the trigger and ordered a 4oz bottle of GIT. I can't wait to smell it. I hope they get more VIW in soon as I love that frag as well. I will update everyone when it arrives.

Glad you pulled the trigger. I always buy Creeds from discounters, and am nearly always satisfied. Besides, GIT is the number one selling Creed, so the chances of getting an older batch are significantly diminished. Enjoy.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Banned
    Blog Entries

never purchased creed's from their but have purchased several other's without an issue if that helps.

Fragrancenet....FragranceX....pretty much all online discounters are fine. Don't hesitate to get any Creed (or any other house) from them, including Aventus.

I prefer Fragrancenet because you can always get a 20% off code and at least an additional 6% from eBates.com. However, at places like lilidirect.com, they don't use codes; they simply have very low prices. The last I checked, however, they were out of many Creeds.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Fragrancenet....FragranceX....pretty much all online discounters are fine. Don't hesitate to get any Creed (or any other house) from them, including Aventus.

I prefer Fragrancenet because you can always get a 20% off code and at least an additional 6% from eBates.com. However, at places like lilidirect.com, they don't use codes; they simply have very low prices. The last I checked, however, they were out of many Creeds.
    Have you ever ordered from lilydirect? I ordered from them once and did not like the GIT they sent. It was flat, weak and gone in 20-30 mins. I have owned a previous yr GIT and it had a bold violet note with amazing sillage as a point of reference.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Believe it or not, you can find GIT at some pretty odd places online. I'd swear I saw it on Wallgreens site once. GIT can be a bargain if you shop around online, and if you buy it from a reputable source, you'll know it's legit.
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

You could always pay full retail at an official Creed venue--either Neiman Marcus or the Creed Boutique to be 100% sure. Given the gravity of fake and damaged Creed threads, it would probably be best for a Newbie to start at either of these two outlets.

I have purchased the following Creeds from FragranceNet.
    MI and VIW testers.
    Adventus, VIW, SMW, OV new in box.

All purchased end of 2012, early 2013.
    Date codes 1 @ 2010, 4 @ 2011, 1 @ 2012

None are fake based on bottle, sprayer, and comparison to samples / store testing.
    Considering the 20 percent discount its been a very positive experience thus far.
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

All my creeds from fragrancenet were good and current. They have Arabic cards inside, but still legit.

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Have you ever ordered from lilydirect? I ordered from them once and did not like the GIT they sent. It was flat, weak and gone in 20-30 mins.
    I hope you sent it back if you thought it was somehow defective.

No, I haven't ever ordered from Lilydirect.com, but others here have and were reportedly satisfied. In all probability, since most of the online dealers are NOT authorized Creed outlets, it's likely that they all get their Creeds from the same source. Notice most (if not all) of them are out of New York. If you buy Green Irish Tweed, for instance, from Walgreens, it's going to be coming from the same place Fragrancenet gets theirs. Lilydirect, Perfume.com, FragranceX...they all source it from the same place. They are all reputable and I have returned items to all of them without a problem. Lilydirect's return policy appears to be even better than average.

When tens of thousands of people all over the world buy genuine Creeds at multiple unauthorized sites all over the internet, year after year, at some point the suspiciousness should stop. And it's not like the authorized dealers have never sold an old or defective bottle of Creed. They have...I have received some myself. Nobody is perfect.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Junkie

Both Fragrancenet and Fragrancex (which I've used for all my creed purchases online) seem to use mostly gray-import middle-eastern Creeds, but that's not really an issue - or hasn't been for me thus far.

What you might want to do is send them a mail and check out what batch they will be shipping out. My GIT and the GIT I gifted to my father as a birthday present were both 11-batches with fantastic longevity and sillage as well as that amazing smell I just can't wrap my head around describing, but TRULY love.

So - I think you're going to be safe with fragrancenet, but also check out fragrancex because they have done a fantastic job for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Fragrancenet would be fine for your Creed purchase.
    I agree. Beware of the complete fakes on eBay of GIT and Original Vetiver.

Martin

Re:Fragrancenet; Look at my join date. I have been purchasing from Fragrancenet and other, similar, reputable vendors for a long while and have not experienced anything negative.

E-Bay can be a worry but thankfully, I have not had any issues from there either but I've always went with power sellers or those with the highest rating percentages.

Fragrancenet rocks plain and simple, can't go wrong with them

Thanks everybody! I'm stoked to get it. I used the 20% off coupon, came to $136 US, with free shipping. How does ebates work?

Next i am eyeing Aventus, VIW, SMW, and MI....

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that there seems to be some price inconsistencies between some of the sites, but some fantastic deals. I.E, Strawberrynet sells GIT at a discounted rate from the creed, however Fragrancenet is around $100 less! is there any reason for the big difference? is strawberrynet offering better product? or stored better? just an idea here lol.

I wonder if they are either a smaller operation and can't compete with fragrancenet, or if they offer a better product. $100 difference is a big difference between discounters.

How does ebates work?
    Just go to eBates.com and join (after you read a little about how it works). It's very simple, really. With eBates, you get paid to shop online. eBates contracts with 1,000's of online vendors. So before purchasing online, first go to the eBates website and find the merchant you're looking for. In this case, let's say it's Fragrancenet.

Fragrancenet on eBates.com always has at least a 6% cash back (around Christmastime, it was 12% cash back). That means you receive 6% (or whatever the listed cash back is at the time) back on all your purchases from Fragrancenet every quarter. And not just Fragrancenet.....ALL your other online purchases through eBates, too.

So in the future, after you join eBates.com, first go to the eBates website before buying anything online. Type "Fragrancenet" in their search window and up it comes. Then click on the button to go to the Fragrancenet website. That's all there is to it. Anything you then purchase from Fragrancenet during the transaction you'll get 6% back on. It's literally free money and if you don't take advantage of it, it's the same as throwing it away. So in this case, if you had gone through eBates.com to get to the Fragrancenet website, you would have received 6% of $136.00, or $8.16 cash back. Your discount would have been 26%, not just 20%.

When signing up on the eBates website, you have your choice of how you receive your "Big Fat Check" that they will send you every quarter. You can have them actually mail you a check, or they can simply send that amount to your PayPal account each quarter.

By the way, looks like you inadvertently fell for one of Fragrancenet's tricks, as you bought the $170.19 EdP version of Green Irish Tweed instead of the $160.19 EdT. All 4 oz. GIT's are the same....and they are an EdT, not EdP. So if you see this again, on a 4 oz Creed, always choose the cheaper version. You might call Fragrancenet and complain about this and try to change the order to the cheaper bottle before they send it out. You should also complain about their deceitful selling practices.

Thanks for the tips Redraider!

I know that a EDT version of most Creeds are sold overseas, so i figured that the site offers both EDT and EDP since it sells grey market Creed from other areas (a lot of buyers here reported getting paper with Arabic writing).
    That sucks though about getting ripped off. I'm kinda bummed about it and will contact Fragrancenet. Curse them and there expedient shipping though, as it shipped the day i ordered it, so hopefully they can refund me the money.

It Arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is batch# A3212J01 And it had to be primed 3-4 times in order to spray. Sprayer is amazing and well crafted. (The good)
    The Bad:

Sprayer lid is plastic and fits but is not on tight like most designer frags (never owned creed before) Should i be concerned about this?
    Also, the scent is strong at first and blends smooth, doesn't last beyond a few hours on skin but lasts forever on clothes. I just wanted to make sure it's authentic, or not old. It lasts about as long as authentic samples i have of GIT do but seems to have less of of the Ambergris note that my samples had. I know this could just be my imagination and untrained nose. Anybody have any insight and if skin was just on a dry day? i'm here in Southern California and it is dry and hot.
    Also, anybody have any insight on this batch #?

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips Redraider!

I know that a EDT version of most Creeds are sold overseas, so i figured that the site offers both EDT and EDP since it sells grey market Creed from other areas (a lot of buyers here reported getting paper with Arabic writing).
    That sucks though about getting ripped off. I'm kinda bummed about it and will contact Fragrancenet. Curse them and there expedient shipping though, as it shipped the day i ordered it, so hopefully they can refund me the money.
    I think you may have misunderstood redraider -- please realize that GIT comes only in one concentration, the "millesime," not in an EDT and an EDP. Creed doesn't offer different concentrations of the millesimes (or, to my knowledge, any scent). Lots of prior posts have addressed this issue, so you might want to read up on it if you're interested.

As far as getting ripped off, if its any consolation, it's common for discounters to price unisex Creeds differently for "men" and "women." Yes, it means they sell the same product at two different prices. But it's been going on as long as I've been ordering. Since I haven't ordered the more expensive one, I've never tried to get a partial refund, but I'd be interested to know what fragrancenet tells you if you request a refund of the difference.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver