Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Comme des Garcons - Black Eau de Toilette (My Initial Throughts)

Upon first spray, CDG Black starts off with a really dark blast of peppery liquorice and tar (think T-Gel light.) It's quite brash and in-your-face. The liquorice note I get is similar to that of Slumberhouse Vikt. Black smells like lightly charred wood that you might find on a barn that burnt down, basted lightly in tar, with a hint of peppered anise.

After about 2 hours Black has turns into a very dark, dirty (tar still around), but crisp vetiver/ woody, similar to Sycomore (just the vetiver), not as sharp as Encre Noir, silky smooth and smoky, obviously w/o the aldehydes of Sycomore.

After about 5 hours of wear, Black has faded to a more tame skin scent which is very mild compared to the very brash, in your face opening. In the base I'm getting dry cedar and very very faint smoky vetiver, pepper is lingering slightly on a bed of incense.

CDG is not a safe scent, nor is it similar to any of the recent releases from the line. I think you'll find this a little darker, hence the name.

I need to give this a few more wears to really formulate an opinion. But I figured I would post this for those interested in testing the fragrance.

Default Re: Comme des Garcons - Black Eau de Toilette (My Initial Throughts)

Thanks for sharing, rynegne. I'm curious to try CdG's line with the creepy (yet hilarious) staring heart.

Totally different fragrance. Very confusing from the house of Comme des Garcons. The new bottle is pretty nice. It looks like an Effen Black Cherry Vodka bottle. Glass with a matte black rubberized ring around the middle of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Thanks for sharing, rynegne. I'm curious to try CdG's line with the creepy (yet hilarious) staring heart.

Sounds promising after the very un-Comme des GarÁons, not so amazing, Amazinggreen... What did they think, releasing a mainstream aquatic

Sounds like it bears some of the CDG trademarks(cedar and incense), along with a quirky, in-your-face opening.
    I am looking forward to test it myself
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm curious about this one.

I remember you mentioning previously, rynegne, that you were looking forward to receiving this one. Sounds like a challenging scent indeed! Glad you finally got a chance to give it a sniff. CdG is one house I haven't got to test much of yet, but with their reputation for producing completely unique, almost avant garde scents, I look forward to it!

I'd definitely recommend grabbing a sample from LuckyScent. This stuff pays homage to the avant garde house in which it belongs. This is nothing like Wonderwood, nothing like Amazingreen, it will not be liked by all. But, has tremendous transitions from top to bottom, even for those that don't like the scent, I'm sure they will have respect for it.

Also, I'll note - for those of you thinking this is a traditional incense from CDG...couldn't be further from the truth. The incense is very faint in this one, I would never expect to see this in the incense series.

I think I'm going to swing by Scent Bar this weekend and give this one a sniff. It does sound fascinating, and I'm a huge fan of CdG in general. Thanks for the overview!

I think you'll enjoy it deadidol. Vikt meets Black Tourmaline...Black is a very interesting one. It wouldn't be far off in the Slumberhouse line to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I think I'm going to swing by Scent Bar this weekend and give this one a sniff. It does sound fascinating, and I'm a huge fan of CdG in general. Thanks for the overview!

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'd definitely recommend grabbing a sample from LuckyScent. This stuff pays homage to the avant garde house in which it belongs. This is nothing like Wonderwood, nothing like Amazingreen, it will not be liked by all. But, has tremendous transitions from top to bottom, even for those that don't like the scent, I'm sure they will have respect for it.

Also, I'll note - for those of you thinking this is a traditional incense from CDG...couldn't be further from the truth. The incense is very faint in this one, I would never expect to see this in the incense series.
    Stop trying to sell this to me, you already got me at the first post :P You have got me into blind buy mode now
    - Mark

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Thanks for sharing

NorstrÝm - Do NOT blind buy this one! I could see how this will be very polarizing, it's not a "safe" fragrance by any means. I'm sure you can tell by reading my description.

Kielecki - No problem, I saw you bought some on "Today I Bought". Enjoy! Be sure to post your thoughts if you feel like sharing.

Thanks for the excellent review.
    This one sounds like it's right up my alley. I need to try it ASAP.
    In all honesty I am almost positive I would do a blind buy. If I had the extra money that is.
    I miss the anticipation and intense rush of blind buys!

It sounds like CdG is Back in Black!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

NorstrÝm - Do NOT blind buy this one! I could see how this will be very polarizing, it's not a "safe" fragrance by any means. I'm sure you can tell by reading my description.
    Don't worry, I don't think too much about a scent being safe And looking at your description, the notes and what other people have said about it, it sounds like something right up my alley. Will see if the only store stocking CDG i Copenhagen(to my knowledge), carry or will get it Or else I'll buy it or get a sample, with my next order from Aus Liebe Zum Duft.
    - Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    +1!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds that thing kind of creepy (and, yes, funny too). I realize this Black isn't in any way related to that black, other than that they're both by CdG. I love this black's bottle though. I'm a sucker for well executed minimalism.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Thanks for the info. Nice review.

I will just say I've sampled this several times, and I think Black is outstanding. In Black you'll find elements of the Incense series, Patchouli from Luxe series, Wood Coffee from Sweet Series. This scent is very easy to wear.

I get alot more coffee than others have mentioned. Some are comparing to Black Tourmaline. Black is more sophisticated and refined than Black Tourmaline.

To my nose, one of CdG's best in a long time.

Others have said there isn't any sweetness to this frag. I get sweet coffee, and plenty of it.
    Last edited by thebeck; 4th May 2013 at 08:48 PM.

I wonder if Liberty has it in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I will just say I've sampled this several times, and I think Black is outstanding. In Black you'll find elements of the Incense series, Patchouli from Luxe series, Wood Coffee from Sweet Series. This scent is very easy to wear.

I get alot more coffee than others have mentioned. Some are comparing to Black Tourmaline. Black is more sophisticated and refined than Black Tourmaline.

To my nose, one of CdG's best in a long time.
    Ahhhh...
    Now my nose is drooling!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Got mine in hand now. Smells so SO MUCH like Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano. I also agree with the idea it's kin to T-gel shampoo (t-gell being a coal tar, and this being Birch tar if I am not mistaken) But all in all this takes on a very dark, very "campy" vibe. Zero sweetness or aquatic whatsoever. Just, ash, coal, soot, black, sludge, grimy, goodness.

If you are into CDG, this is so much better than what we got with Amazingreen, 8:88 or the play series(although a couple do better than the others) This is just much more true to the CDG roots , ALA Tar, Skai, Odeur 53 & 71.

If you like bizarre, dark, and eathereal scents to make you smell like you have been working as a miner all day -- TRY THIS ONE

Score: 9.5/10

Basenotes Institution

I love the smell of T-Gel shampoo!

Sounds excellent
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wearing it now for the 1st time. Definitely an interesting take on incense. My initial feeling is that this smells like what an incense flanker of Dirty English would smell like. Very nice. I am looking forward to what it will smell like in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdogg View Post
    Got mine in hand now. Smells so SO MUCH like Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano.
    Agree that the incense aspect of it is more closely related to Black Tourmaline than Avignon. Really hit me as similar for the first 5 minutes. Then it begins to diverge.

Looking forward to trying this also.

For those interested, here's the packaging. It comes in a box that mimics that bottle. The bottle comes in what looks like a black garbage bag that has a matte feel. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments, it's my first real post on my personal take of a fragrance. Hope you all enjoy.

Smells so SO MUCH like Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano. That's freakin' hot!

for those in NYC

CDG uber special coming' up!

http://slamxhype.com/style/comme-des...rket-market-2/

For those interested, here's the packaging. It comes in a box that mimics that bottle. The bottle comes in what looks like a black garbage bag that has a matte feel. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments, it's my first real post on my personal take of a fragrance. Hope you all enjoy.

Very good review / comments on fragrance and packaging!

Mike, if you love the smell of T-Gel Shampoo, I have a feeling you will like, if not, love CDG Black. My brother used T-Gel for years, battling psoriasis, so I know the smell quite well. Considering birch tar is used in Black vs. the coal tar in T-Gel, I refer to the initial blast in Black as T-Gel light. Obviously, it's not nearly as pungent and dark as the shampoo, but I do think you're in for a treat. I'm not going to speak too soon, but based on your nose, I think you just might love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love the smell of T-Gel shampoo!

Sounds excellent

I agree with the initial review, especially the top notes. On me however the drydown is a straight combo of pepper (almost green pepper), dry woods and raw leather. A Clint Eastwood scent from the spaghetti western movies. It is actually very similar to Poivre Samarkande! Wish the licorice lasted longer into the drydown...

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    ... In Black you'll find elements of the Incense series, Patchouli from Luxe series, Wood Coffee from Sweet Series... To my nose, one of CdG's best in a long time.
    I tried this last night and the above in bold is spot one. If you like Avignon and Kyoto you will love Black.

My nose isn't very well attuned to picking up the subtleties of different notes, I paint in broad strokes:

It's very dry, I get dry incense without any sweetness, a bit of smoke and a nice dose of wood. The overall feeling is austere and masculine, I don't see women wearing this one. It lasts well too, like many of the CDG I've tried. It is very synthetic in feeling and it can be a bit harsh, I would not describe it as being smooth at all, but that's partly what makes it dark and black.

I love it and I'm tempted to get a bottle now. I definitely does not disappoint like Amazingreen and Wonderwood, which weren't bad but just lacking in a bit of the wow factor. It will be interesting to see what the hardcore CDG fans make of this one.

Agree with this, but I haven't tried Poivre Samarkande. And I especially agree with the licorice note, I too wish it lasted longer.

I am not sure about the Kyoto and Avignon references. I find Kyoto and Avignon to be much more clean, crisp and upstanding. Whereas CDG Black gets down in the dirt and gets messy, full of tary, grimy goodness. Avignon and Kyoto are of a higher power, both I find churchy. Black doesn't go to church. Black is the offbeat younger, crazier brother that only plays with hints of incense rather than showing all of his cards. Black is a wild one and transitions as such throughout the life of the fragrance. The rest of the incense series stays linear to my nose at least, varying only slightly in dry down. Black shifts gears, and hard in transition. Never easing off the smoky tary clutch as different accords play in back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    I agree with the initial review, especially the top notes. On me however the drydown is a straight combo of pepper (almost green pepper), dry woods and raw leather. A Clint Eastwood scent from the spaghetti western movies. It is actually very similar to Poivre Samarkande! Wish the licorice lasted longer into the drydown...

Agree with this, but I haven't tried Poivre Samarkande. And I especially agree with the licorice note, I too wish it lasted longer.

I am not sure about the Kyoto and Avignon references. I find Kyoto and Avignon to be much more clean, crisp and upstanding. Whereas CDG Black gets down in the dirt and gets messy, full of tary, grimy goodness. Avignon and Kyoto are of a higher power, both I find churchy. Black doesn't go to church. Black is the offbeat younger, crazier brother that only plays with hints of incense rather than showing all of his cards. Black is a wild one and transitions as such throughout the life of the fragrance. The rest of the incense series stays linear to my nose at least, varying only slightly in dry down. Black shifts gears, and hard in transition. Never easing off the smoky tary clutch as different accords play in back.
    Fair enough but nevertheless both Avignon and Kyoto are incense fragrances which I find dry and un-sweet (unlike Indian incense for example). In this respect Black is very similar. My original statement has been misconstrued: I merely said that if you like the two aforementioned of the incense series then you will enjoy Black too. I stand by that statement although I have yet to try others in the CDG incense series.

I will need to try it again but my initial impression, unlike yours, has found that the incense is more noticeable than just merely being hinted at. I also find that Black is quite linear but a bit more complex than either Avignon or Kyoto, therefore I haven't picked up on any marked transitions. Again my impression is of neither dirt nor grim nor messiness nor smoothness. I find it quite harsh (but not in a bad way), austere and somewhat Gothic neither of which implies what you've described.

There's nothing to it but to retry all three. I would like to pick up on this liquorice note you've mentioned although I really got nothing of the sort nor did I get much vetiver. As always, impressions are totally subjective and bound to differ. Thus far this proves to be a case in point. Maybe being able to give good sprays instead of just dabbing a sample is what is making up the differences.
    Last edited by chopwet; 4th May 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Sometimes I find dabbing from samples makes a fragrance much flatter. I have a dabber and sprayer CDG 2 Man bottle and I love how different they smell when applied. It doesn't last very long though, maybe a half hour. I'm going to try dabbing today to see if I can grab more incense from this. Definitely try spraying Black a few times. I think you'll be able to pull that liquorice note off the top and vetiver in the middle and get a more transitional version. I do agree that all three fragrances share that dry vibe. However, I'm not a big fan of Avignon because I think it's too sharp, cold and stark. Black is more warm, tary and pungent. Just my opinion. And I enjoy reading yours :-) Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    Fair enough but nevertheless both Avignon and Kyoto are incense fragrances which I find dry and un-sweet (unlike Indian incense for example). In this respect Black is very similar. My original statement has been misconstrued: I merely said that if you like the two aforementioned of the incense series then you will enjoy Black too. I stand by that statement although I have yet to try others in the CDG incense series.

I will need to try it again but my initial impression, unlike yours, has found that the incense is more noticeable than just merely being hinted at. I also find that Black is quite linear but a bit more complex than either Avignon or Kyoto, therefore I haven't picked up on any marked transitions. Again my impression is of neither dirt nor grim nor messiness nor smoothness. I find it quite harsh (but not in a bad way), austere and somewhat Gothic neither of which implies what you've described.

There's nothing to it but to retry all three. I would like to pick up on this liquorice note you've mentioned although I really got nothing of the sort nor did I get much vetiver. As always, impressions are totally subjective and bound to differ. Thus far this proves to be a case in point. Maybe being able to give good sprays instead of just dabbing a sample is what is making up the differences.

" . . lightly charred . . a barn . . burnt down . . basted in tar . . peppered anise". You got my attention!

pulls hand back from PRESS TO ORDER button. I do love Black Tourmaline, but I've got it, don't need a duplicate. But it is Comme des Garcons after all. If CdG Black is better than B. Tourmaline I must have it, I lemming on.

I think the two are different enough that they can share the same wardrobe. Plus, it's Comme des Garcons soon to be weird new masterpiece :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    " . . lightly charred . . a barn . . burnt down . . basted in tar . . peppered anise". You got my attention!

pulls hand back from PRESS TO ORDER button. I do love Black Tourmaline, but I've got it, don't need a duplicate. But it is Comme des Garcons after all. If CdG Black is better than B. Tourmaline I must have it, I lemming on.

Upon first spray, CDG Black starts off with a really dark blast of peppery liquorice and tar (think T-Gel light.) It's quite brash and in-your-face. The liquorice note I get is similar to that of Slumberhouse Vikt. Black smells like lightly charred wood that you might find on a barn that burnt down, basted lightly in tar, with a hint of peppered anise.
    OMG, off to order a sample!

<3 <3 <3 <3<3

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized I pretty much repeated Buzzlepuff's post! (runs around like zombie screaming TARRRRRR!)
    Don't ask me to scrute the geranium. Some things are inscrutable.

It's cooler out today. Wearing Black and getting more whiffs of incense than I did during my initial testing. It's 65 today, it was 85 during my first wear. Still a brash opening, just more mellow during the dry down. Much more woody and more incense.

Default black

I've got to try this stuff!

Yup, I ended up ordering it blind None of the stores carrying CdG in Copenhagen had it (nor had they heard about it, it seemed) so I happily bought it blind from Aus Liebe Zum Duft They usually throw a bunch of nice samples in, so added bonus there.
    - Mark

it will be on my next order from luckyscent
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano little brother.

thanks..it sounds good! must try
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Congrats on the pickup. You're really going to like it, I think. Post your thoughts here if you're not opposed to doing so. I'd love to hear what others think of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    Yup, I ended up ordering it blind None of the stores carrying CdG in Copenhagen had it (nor had they heard about it, it seemed) so I happily bought it blind from Aus Liebe Zum Duft They usually throw a bunch of nice samples in, so added bonus there.

Congrats on the pickup. You're really going to like it, I think. Post your thoughts here if you're not opposed to doing so. I'd love to hear what others think of this one.
    I was planning to do so anyway No reason to create more threads about the same subject, especially when we already have one as good as this one
    Last edited by NorstrÝm; 11th May 2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Typodoodle
    - Mark

By far the best "mainstream-ish" Comme Des Garcons since CDG2Man. Total endorsement here.

Comparisons to Vikt and Black Torumaline make sense but I find Black to be way more versatile than either. To the above calls, I'll add a tad of the peppery-iso-vetiver surrounded by a touch of sweetness also found in Kenzoair. CDG's typical restraint and minimalism is what makes the real difference here. I'm a total sucker for this fragrance and I'll add my voice to the chorus of people saying this is one of the best CDGs in ages (if we exclude their most "avant" stuff such as CDG EDP 2011) but, at the same time, it is not as "arty" as , say, Guerrilla 1, the Synthetic Series or Stephen Jones. This is more of an every-day CDG and would make one hell of a signature.
    Last edited by alfarom; 11th May 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Have been waiting to hear your view on this one, alfarom. The stamp of approval from our own CdG expert, those Germans better mail me my Black swiftly!
    - Mark

Basenotes Plus

I am salivating for a bottle at the moment after reading all you guys's thoughts... very tempting for a blind buy because CdG has always been one of my favorite designers.

Have been waiting to hear your view on this one, alfarom. The stamp of approval from our own CdG expert, those Germans better mail me my Black swiftly!
    Always a pleasure!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It's not a CDG masterpiece without the alfarom stamp of approval! Reading your reviews got me into Comme des Garcons fragrances. You're definitely a nose that I trust, I always love reading your take on all fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    By far the best "mainstream-ish" Comme Des Garcons since CDG2Man. Total endorsement here.

Comparisons to Vikt and Black Torumaline make sense but I find Black to be way more versatile than either. To the above calls, I'll add a tad of the peppery-iso-vetiver surrounded by a touch of sweetness also found in Kenzoair. CDG's typical restraint and minimalism is what makes the real difference here. I'm a total sucker for this fragrance and I'll add my voice to the chorus of people saying this is one of the best CDGs in ages (if we exclude their most "avant" stuff such as CDG EDP 2011) but, at the same time, it is not as "arty" as , say, Guerrilla 1, the Synthetic Series or Stephen Jones. This is more of an every-day CDG and would make one hell of a signature.

I was impressed with this one, too. But in lieu of laziness, I'll paste some thoughts I jotted down elsewhere here:

This is a really complex composition, and it almost seems to be a cheeky response to the current oud saturation in that its combined effect is somewhat oud-esque (heavy, shifting, bitter etc.). To my nose, the birch tar dominates; but hilariously, it's reconfigured by the supporting notes as a reflection of warm tarmac—the same scent of road construction. It seems to be achieving this through the combination of the peppery liquorice, dirty leather, and a slight smokiness from the incense. The vetiver / cedarwood base give the whole mix some real gravity, and yet it's oddly refreshing and uplifting. My initial reaction to this in the store was that it's the safest thing CdG has done in a while, but that's changing now and I think what they've done is incredibly clever. I'm undecided on wearability / practicality at this point (although it clearly ties into their most recent capsule wardrobe of black and gray), but the more I smell this, the more I'm starting to think of it as a primarily conceptual venture (which, of course, is what problematizes the CdG-as-designer/niche dyad). Sadly, as with many fragrances from this line, it's fairly fleeting—but I think that's the reason it comes in a 100ml bottle, making it still good value for money. As expected, a hugely clever, artisinal release from CdG that only serves to elucidate the distinction between designer fragrance as art and designer fragrance as cheap, crass commercialism.

Must...buy...

Sounds more like a cooler weather scent to me (e.g. I find 2 Man to be an autumn/winter scent), so maybe I will hold off until the evil Japanese summer has passed. The initial description made me hope that it would hit that perfect CdG balance of mainstream wearable but actually pretty quirky, and everyone's impressions seem to reinforce this.

Definitely a blast of tar and road construction. I'm really having difficulty pulling from this one is the incense...I keep reading that it's a big player in Black but I find it playing a minor supporting role. I'm giving this another sniff as I type and it's my third time wearing CDG Black. Each time, I am finding Black slightly more "wearable," although challenging overall. I'm glad I have this one, but I'm not sure how much and when I'll be wearing Black. It's a little dark with the tar overload, I think I would like it a lot more more if it were more subtle.

To my nose, the birch tar dominates; but hilariously, it's reconfigured by the supporting notes as a reflection of warm tarmac—the same scent of road construction.

I'm really having difficulty pulling from this one is the incense...I keep reading that it's a big player in Black but I find it playing a minor supporting role.
    It's there, but it's minor -- rightly so. I think they nailed the effect, and any more would have just confused it (road construction in a monastery). It's so well-done, but yeah, wearing it will take some getting used to. I found that it does mellow out, but it's still a tough hang. It's aesthetically brilliant, though.

How's longevity on you? It's pretty weak on me, but I don't expect that much from CdG.

I completely agree with you.

I get about the same as 2 Man, about 7 hours. Not too bad for an EDT. I'm applying to my forearms and neck (2x.)

It's there, but it's minor -- rightly so. I think they nailed the effect, and any more would have just confused it (road construction in a monastery). It's so well-done, but yeah, wearing it will take some getting used to. I found that it does mellow out, but it's still a tough hang. It's aesthetically brilliant, though.

How's longevity on you? It's pretty weak on me, but I don't expect that much from CdG.

I hope it will perform as admirably as my other CdG's, as in spite of my skin damping most scents, they seem to perform quite well on my skin. Hell, even Vettiveru lasts at least 6-8 hours on my skin, and 10+ if applied more liberally! I get massive longevity from both Avignon and CdG 2 MAN, and I think the scents play tricks on people thinking they don't last. In the beginning I though 2 MAN didn't last, but after napping while wearing it, I woke up in a hellstorm of 2 MAN The culprit might be the massive doses of Iso E Super in the scents?
    - Mark

If only I could wake up like this every day, my life would be complete.

I woke up in a hellstorm of 2 MAN
    And yes, after about 7 hours with both I still have lingering around. I find both very much skin scents after 6-8 hours, lasting an additional 2-3 w/ the ISO as you've stated. Both have pretty good longevity. Especially, CDG Black, being an Eau de Toilette.

Does anyone else get a slightly cleaner, less robust version of Bois D'Ascece in the beginning and some Marc Jacobs Bang in the drydown? Or is it just me? Lol

3 things longevity, name and overall design of the bottle that bother's me

What specifically about each bothers you?

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    3 things longevity, name and overall design of the bottle that bother's me

... Sadly, as with many fragrances from this line, it's fairly fleeting....
    I've had to opposite experience with Wonderwood, Amazingreen, CDG2, CDG2Man and now Black. They all last a very long time. They do well in the longevity stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    I've had to opposite experience with Wonderwood, Amazingreen, CDG2, CDG2Man and now Black. They all last a very long time. They do well in the longevity stakes.
    I need to figure out what it is about my skin that just sucks up CdG. With 2Man, the ISO E Super sticks around for some time, but it's those delicious top notes that I want more of, and they're gone fast on me. Avignon holds up a little better.

I just decant and reapply -- I have no problem doing that for fragrances this good.