Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Porsche Design Sport - Among the Best Fresh Scents Ever Made!

So there it was, unceremoniously sitting in the bottom shelf of my local Winners: Porsche Design Sport, a "sport" fragrance, by "Porsche" makers of "Design Essence" a sickly industrial cleaning solution marketed as cologne...oh dear....well the price was simply irresistable, and it was made by Michel Almairac, one of my favorite perfumers so I bought it.

Well friends, Porsche Design Sport is, simply, among the best fresh fragrances ever made. A mix of Rosemary. Grapefruit, Bergamot, and sweet lemon tops it off as you begin to smell the conifers in the mid, I get some fir, cedar, until finally revealing its patchoulli base. Michel Almairac is the perfumer of Joop! fame, and you can almost see where he tries to take his famed syrupy gourmand roots into a fresh direction, this stuff smells wonderful.

There's a sweetness to it that's unlike anything else in the "Sport" genre. Wonderful stuff fresh, fragrant, just an incredible scent and definitely a steal since it's hitting your local TJ Maxx/Winners. Projection? Good, Longevity? Excellent!

I can't describe how good this is, all the more surprising since Porsche Design Essence was such an abortion of a scent. If you see it, and you want something different from your typical Fresh scents and want a spicy sweet kick added to the typical citrus notes, then pick this up immediately, it's just that good.

Walk past the current crop of crap like Givenchy Play Sport or Versace Eros and treat yourself to this absolutely marvelous fragrance.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Porsche Design Sport - Among the Best Fresh Scents Ever Made!

you might want to check out aquaman by rochas. not your ordinary fresh scent either

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    You might want to check out Aquaman by Rochas. Not your ordinary fresh scent either
    And much better IMO.

Sounds classy. I will keep my eyes peeled for this at my local discount shops.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I've got to agree with you - there is something extra special about it. I've been on the verge of buying it a few times since it's gotten cheaper, but just haven't done it yet.
    Regards,
    Renato

Porsche Design Sport is the modern version of the regular Eau de Cartier. Rather good for the army of todays sporty fragrances.

and strangely enough no reviews yet on basenotes.
    Is this function not working properly? My last review has not appeared in the list..

Got it today for $24 Aus. I have been wanting this for a while. The combination of grapefruit and cedar is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-e-mental View Post
    Got it today for $24 Aus. I have been wanting this for a while. The combination of grapefruit and cedar is awesome!
    I got my bottle from Priceline for around that price about three months ago. I haven't actually used it yet because it was mid winter then.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus

Thanks guys for the info. I was not aware of any scent by Porsche. I rarely wear scents with a grapefruit note but really like Le Cheche Midi No. 30. Looks like I should check out Porsche Design sport.

Blog Entries

Yes - this could be interesting. I actually liked the original - and I own Eau de Cartier Concentrée. Love "sport" fragrances, too. MUST watch out for this.

I have the original, Design The Essence. It's actually quite nice, contrary to what OP says. It's a cypress type scent with a sporty kick it it. The blueberry note in the opening is amazing imo. It's actually pretty similar to Oxygen for men, by Lanvin, as that is a cypress type scent with a slight aquatic kick to it. The Essence has horrible longevity though unfortunately, but I paid like 7 bucks shipped for a .5 oz bottle, which is no big deal. I would actually probably up size this and get a bigger bottle, before what's left of them become hard to find like most of these hidden gem designer fragrances, that flood the market then go MIA for ever. The Essence has very poor longevity though, that's the only major drawback. I'd love to dive into the rest of this house and see what they have to offer.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)