Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which casual summer fragrance should I buy?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polo Blue

9 33.33%
  • L'eau d'Issey summer 2013

18 66.67%

Default Next summer purchase

Looking for a casual summer fragrance to add to my wardrobe. I'm Considering polo blue and l'eau d'issey summer 2013. Can I get some suggestions? I'm looking to purchase this weekend. Thanks!

Default Re: Next summer purchase

L'eau d'Issey summer 2013

I like Polo Blue. L'eau d'Issey Summer 13', I was unable to try at Woodfield Nordstrom. To my disappointment they didn't have a tester, although the price couldn't be beat for such a large bottle I figured my money could be better spend elsewhere. I chose blue in the poll, simply because I think it's a great summer fragrance that will work just as well in months that don't occupy summer. Personally, my summer fragrance that I pick up often will be Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's. I wore it earlier this week in the early Chicago heat at 85 degrees, it performed well. Very cheap too.

Ya man, I'm from chicago also. The nordstrom at oak brook was sold out of summer 2013 and they didn't have the tester. I like polo blue but I know I can always get it. I love set sail st barts but it just doesn't last too long on me. I know Michigan ave Nordstrom has it but before I head over there's wanna have fellow basenoters help me decide. Thanks for the votes.

True, you can get Blue any time. Issey's a good value for sure, it's a big bottle. If you're set on it head downtown and pick it up, Woodfield had at least 15 bottles a few weeks ago, which might be closer depending on traffic.

I just picked up Gucci pour Homme II for a summer fragrance, when I'm not reaching for St. Bart's. Be sure to check that out too if you head downtown. I'm pretty sure Macy's has it. That will probably be gone too in short time, since Gucci got rid of all that is good.

Ya, I like Gucci ph II but I like the color of the juice and the bottle more than anything, and I've never been enticed enough to buy it. I dunno, I might head to Michigan ave to buy 13', because I have a $40 store credit burning a hole in my pocket. I admit, I have a couple frags I'd rather buy, but are far too much $$$ at retail...a la declaration du'n soir or mont blanc legend.

Basenotes Member

Lacoste Noir is a nice summer frag! But if you want something that isn't sweet Acqua Di Gio Essenza is really nice. I personally hate the original Acqua though. The Lacoste Noir (black) can be found at Macys and Nordstrom if you want to sample

Oh, for sure. Legend can be bought for pennies on the dollar via online retailers. Have you tried Bleu de Chanel, check it out if you haven't I find it to be another great one for year round, especially summer. I really want to check out Issey 13 and ADG Essenza for summer wear but I can't find a single place around here to test. Personally, that makes me not want to spend my money. Especially at a department store, especially when I know I can apply that toward something I really want online, like you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    mont blanc legend.

Out of these two, Polo Blue would be my favored suggestion. Other great suggestions on this thread, especially Gucci PH II and ADG Essenza might also work well.

Polo from your 2, however both of these are better frags than ur picks IMHO--->>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Gucci PH II and ADG Essenza

Sound Scents

I don't really care much for either, but I do own Blue and strongly prefer it of the two.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Blog Entries

Between the two, my default choice would be Polo Blue, since it is the one I've tried, and I liked it. Don't know how or what Issey Summer 2013 smells like, so I didn't vote in the poll.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i'm from the chi too guys.ebay is great for sampling. also legend can be had for about 40 bucks on ebay.

Tried out summer 13 today and was NOT impressed. I hate the original l'eau d'issey, and while this does not really remind me of it, it does remind me of a poor man's version on Versace man eau fraiche

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm gonna order my polo blue, along with a small bottle of "the one" and sur le toit
    Last edited by Erok32; 5th May 2013 at 04:51 AM.

polo blue?????