Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Just got back from a week in Paris. It was our first visit, so not much time spent exploring the obvious wealth of frangrances in this great city.

    We did manage to stop by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle on Rue de Grenelle, where I picked up Portrait of a Lady (my girlfriends choice). Staff was friendly there, but we had a truly delightful experience at Diptique on Boulevard Saint Germain.

    I purchased L'eau du trente-quatre as a gift, and the helpful gentleman in the shop mentioned that they were releasing a new scent in the coming weeks. In any case, I would highly recommend a visit to their shop if you're passing by.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    The shop on Boulevard Saint Germain is an institution.

    The perfume 34 Blvd St Germain does smell like the boutique.

    for swap/sale:





  3. #3

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Did they give any indication on how it would be structured?

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,444

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Looking forward to my trip there in mid July expressly hunting down rare fragrance gems.

  5. #5

    Thumbs up Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    Just got back from a week in Paris. It was our first visit, so not much time spent exploring the obvious wealth of frangrances in this great city.

    We did manage to stop by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle on Rue de Grenelle, where I picked up Portrait of a Lady (my girlfriends choice). Staff was friendly there, but we had a truly delightful experience at Diptique on Boulevard Saint Germain.

    I purchased L'eau du trente-quatre as a gift, and the helpful gentleman in the shop mentioned that they were releasing a new scent in the coming weeks. In any case, I would highly recommend a visit to their shop if you're passing by.
    I know very well this shop. I have lived almost opposite to this shop. Love Paris
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  6. #6

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    Did they give any indication on how it would be structured?
    Unfortunately not. I got the impression that it was stocked already, but he wouldn't say anything further.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    I have become a bigger fan of Diptyque lately. While I don't expect to make it to their boutique anytime soon, I will certainly give a new release a look (assuming the notes look like something I might like).

  8. #8

    Thumbs up Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    The new diptyque, EAU MOHELI

    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  9. #9
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,444

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    The new diptyque, EAU MOHELI

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/367...que-Eau-Moheli

  10. #10

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Looking forward to my trip there in mid July expressly hunting down rare fragrance gems.
    I guess you already know/own Nicolas Danila, don't you?
    Interesting aroma chemicals and naturals for sale. Worldwide shipping. Just send me a pm for pricing and details.

  11. #11
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,444

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    I guess you already know/own Nicolas Danila, don't you?
    I have heard of the man and have read up on his creations - yes.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Looking forward to my trip there in mid July expressly hunting down rare fragrance gems.
    Now that's what I call a great holiday.

    The flanker to 34 'L'Eau' is really nice for the summer

  13. #13

    Default Re: Quick stop in Paris, new Diptique?

    I have ordered a sample from Aedes last night

Similar Threads

  1. something akin to Diptique's "John Galliano"?
    By the_tourist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19th May 2012, 07:13 PM
  2. Diptique Curiosities
    By the_tourist in forum Home Fragrance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th December 2011, 10:34 PM
  3. Going to Paris - What is exclusive to Paris? Europe?
    By djron91 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 4th October 2011, 07:52 AM
  4. How hard is it to tamper with a Diptique atomizer?
    By cvac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th January 2010, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •