Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone ever put cologne into their unscented body wash or something like that?

I snatched two fistfulls of Hane Mori HM .15 oz free samples at Nordstroms. They were just sitting there in a small bucket.

I use a light vanilla body wash and was thinking about cracking the samples open and mixing it in with it.

It's pretty easy. The sample comes apart without any spill.

But does it sound like a good idea? Will it work?

Default Re: Has anyone ever put cologne into their unscented body wash or something like that?

I have never considered it before really. Not sure how likely it would be to get in the eyes - I know body wash / soap is not always pleasant, but I would think HM in the eyes would be even less enjoyable. But it might be ok... If you try it, report back!

Default Re: Has anyone ever put cologne into their unscented body wash or something like that?

Have never considered doing this.

Tried it couple times every once in a while in the past, nothing bad happened actually. The color would turn murky and the texture of the shower gel start losing its consistency and become watery over time. Because you are basically adding (scented)alcohol into fatty acid. But on the other hand, Itís rather easy lather up actually.

Probably best not to expect wonderful results, but worth trying - have done similar and it has always been useable

So far, I'd rather buy the matching scented grooming/cosmetic etc. product or simply wear the unscented products and the respective SOTD separately (yes, applied during a largely similar time frame, but not mixed together).

Interesting idea, be sure to let us know how it turns out!

I have never mixed up alcohol perfumes with body products, but I do mix up bath oils with shower gels or oils (I use unscented Eucerin shower oil), and it works quite well. Regrettably, just a couple of brands do perfumed oils (Le Labo, Ormonde Jayne, Penhaligon), so there's not much one can do.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I often mix my scent of the day with my unscented after shave moisturizer. It works very well for me.

I have put parfum into unscented body cream (well, it's unperfumed but it smells just like every other soft paraffin based emollient) to make it a bit less 'medicinal' and a bit more of a luxurious thing to use every morning and every night. I've found that parfum strength mixes in well with just a few drops per pot of cream stirred in, it doesn't change the texture of the cream and the fragrance is carried well in the cream. However, the fragrance seems to fade quite quickly, presumably because there's not actually very much perfume being applied if there's the equivalent of a single application of scent in a whole pot of moisturiser.

My experiments with lower strength fragrances haven't worked so well and they do appear to change the texture of the cream very quickly and stop the cream from being as good on the skin with only a comparatively small amount of scent added. Presumably this is because of all of the extra alcohol.

I would prefer to use a glamorous beautifully scented body cream, but to be honest I can't afford it as I have to cover myself head to to in moisturiser twice daily so I get through over a kilogram a month, so I get it on prescription and then adulterate it to be a little more interesting to use.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I have never mixed up alcohol perfumes with body products, but I do mix up bath oils with shower gels or oils (I use unscented Eucerin shower oil), and it works quite well. Regrettably, just a couple of brands do perfumed oils (Le Labo, Ormonde Jayne, Penhaligon), so there's not much one can do.

cacio
    Would that work well with hand soap? ...in other words, not something for the shower. I'm talking about a liquid soap dispenser most people have by the sink. I can never seem to find a hand soap that smells good, and the thought of buying unscented soap and adding something to it sure is appealing.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I haven't nor would I consider or recommend.

Let some get into the urine dispenser hole and it seems like a burning that not even hell could match.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Never have but if you are feeling froggy, leap

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Would that work well with hand soap? ...in other words, not something for the shower. I'm talking about a liquid soap dispenser most people have by the sink. I can never seem to find a hand soap that smells good, and the thought of buying unscented soap and adding something to it sure is appealing.

Agree with cacio that oils are best for this.

But if there's no other use for it...

Blog Entries

I have some bottles of fragrances I don't wear anymore, and I sometimes squirt them into the Whirlpool tub with the bubble bath. The heat of the water makes the whole bathroom smell good!!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I have never tried with hand soap. It is hard to know how the particular oil will react with the hand soap, but since it works well with shower gels, I assume it should be ok too, or at least, there'll be less reaction than with alcohol based solutions, as highlighted by CX.

Just today, I bought a Mandorla oil by Erbolario, which smells like an almond-heliotropin bomb. I'll try it, and see whether I will turn into an almond cake after a shower.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I have some bottles of fragrances I don't wear anymore, and I sometimes squirt them into the Whirlpool tub with the bubble bath. The heat of the water makes the whole bathroom smell good!!
    I do this too.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac