Code of Conduct

Default What have I bought? (L'Heure Bleue "vintage"?)

Hi, I've bought this, haven't received it yet. Can anyone tell me what it is? The bottle seems very non-standard. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What have I bought? (L'Heure Bleue "vintage"?)

It looks to be a tester. I've seen a few Shalimars in that bottle and they are often labeled as a tester. I may be wrong, however.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

I am not an expert on Guerlain dating, but I have other Guerlain edt bottles like that. Guerlains edt came in that bottle for a period - I'm going to guess the 1990s-early 2000s, but I am not sure. In any case, nothing wrong with the bottle per se.

cacio

Great, thank you both. Hopefully I'll find a batch code when it arrives.

Best guess is 80's, early 90's. The edt changed to the bouchon coeur style bottle in the 90's.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Should be good!

treeman5823

I have exactly the same bottle. 90s, I think.

That's a standard Guerlain EdT bottle - they used it for several fragrances. I think late 80s/early 90s as well. A batch code will confirm. It's not a tester. That vintage of L'Heure Bleue is fantastic.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Enjoy!

Your a lucky man.

It has arrived. Batch code VH 0Q9. I looked it up on cosmeticswizard.net but all they can tell me is "vintage, 1980-1996" Anyone able to give me any more?

And, yes, it is pretty amazing. I see what you all mean now. I've only had one spray but compared with the current formulation it is incredibly deep and full; fully orchestrated. Sort of as if the current one is a version of a concerto played on a keyboard, or a sketch of a painting. Longevity is extraordinary. That said, this is harder to wear, I think, and I do like the current one very much. I'm not sure I would wear the vintage to work. Whereas the current one I would. But that's not necessarily a good thing, right?!

I also bought from the same person a 5ml parfum from the same era, in a very elegant metal rechargeable case. TBH I am a bit scared of it, but will try it tomorrow when my husband is at work (sounds very clandestine, doesn't it!). There is no batch code that I can find on the parfum refill.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Your a lucky man.
    [Woman, actually. But thanks!]

Quote Originally Posted by cashmerecardi View Post
    It has arrived. Batch code VH 0Q9. I looked it up on cosmeticswizard.net but all they can tell me is "vintage, 1980-1996" Anyone able to give me any more?

And, yes, it is pretty amazing. I see what you all mean now. I've only had one spray but compared with the current formulation it is incredibly deep and full; fully orchestrated. Sort of as if the current one is a version of a concerto played on a keyboard, or a sketch of a painting. Longevity is extraordinary. That said, this is harder to wear, I think, and I do like the current one very much. I'm not sure I would wear the vintage to work. Whereas the current one I would. But that's not necessarily a good thing, right?!

I also bought from the same person a 5ml parfum from the same era, in a very elegant metal rechargeable case. TBH I am a bit scared of it, but will try it tomorrow when my husband is at work (sounds very clandestine, doesn't it!). There is no batch code that I can find on the parfum refill.
    It seems to date from 1998, january.
    The first two letters are the ones to take into account. The first one deals with the year, the second one, with the month.
    (Year) p= 1996, s = 1997, v = 1998, d = 1999, m = 2000, u = 2001, z = 2002, j = 2003, y = 2004, w = 2005
    (Month) h = 1, e = 2, b = 3, x = 4, t = 5, k = 6, l = 7, n = 8, f = 9, r = 10, a = 11, c = 12

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I forgot the main important point... Congratulations!

Thank you so much for the info and the congrats.

Well I was sort of hoping it was older after hearing how amazing the 80s vintage is, but it really didn't cost much (a *lot* less, amazingly, than the same size bottle of the current stuff would be from a department store) and smells fantastic and fresh so I'm very happy.

I was astonished, actually, at the price. I wonder if the non-Art-Deco bottle put people off...