Code of Conduct

Default Eau d'Hadrien/Eau de Rochas/ Eau Sauvage - bug smell

Hey, guys!

I'm trying to identify this note in Eau d'Hadrien and Eau de Rochas that smells like a smashed bitter ladybug.
    (Frankly, it makes me think of a cockroach, but I don't know what cockroaches smell like. Oh, I know what a smashed ladybug or a firefly smells like - off-full-y bitter)

I really think my Eau d'Hadrien is off because that smell is so awful. Well... if my EdH is off, so is my Eau de Rochas.

First, I'd like to know what it is.
    Second, does Eau Sauvage have that bug infusion?

Thanks!
    Looking for split pal - Oud Ispahan and Ombre dans l'eau

Default Re: Eau d'Hadrien/Eau de Rochas/ Eau Sauvage - bug smell

I wish I could offer useful info, but I have all three of those fragrances that you list, but I don't get this bitter smell of which you speak. I don't smell anything like that in Eau Sauvage either.

If your Eau de Rochas is the original women's one rather than the PH version, then it has something in it I don't like either. And for a while I thought Eau de Hadrian was too feminine too - though after having everything (soap, shampoo and other things) in our Paris Hotel room being made of Eau De Hadrian, I finally got used to it and started to like it.
    Regards,
    Renato

Duver, show some respect. You are talking about some of the most gorgeous perfumes ever made. They do not have a bug smell, I promise you. Eau de Hadrien is my favorite citrus, followed closely by Eau Sauvage.

Were they stored with a bottle of Green Irish Tweed for any period of time?
    Currently wearing: Néroli by Annick Goutal

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Duver View Post
    Hey, guys!

I'm trying to identify this note in Eau d'Hadrien and Eau de Rochas that smells like a smashed bitter ladybug.
    (Frankly, it makes me think of a cockroach, but I don't know what cockroaches smell like. Oh, I know what a smashed ladybug or a firefly smells like - off-full-y bitter)

I really think my Eau d'Hadrien is off because that smell is so awful. Well... if my EdH is off, so is my Eau de Rochas.

First, I'd like to know what it is.
    Second, does Eau Sauvage have that bug infusion?

Thanks!
    I'm right there with you...that's a good way of describing it. I haven't tried Eau de Rochas but Eau d'Hadrien does have that smell...I was beginning to think I was the only one who smelled something "off" with it. I love the first 5 minutes or so of it, but then it smells off and quite hairspray like that ruins it for me. I'm not a fan of Eau Sauvage either, to me, it does have that same sort of quality, unfortunately. I really wanted to like it, and a ton of people do, so maybe it's my chemistry, maybe it's my nose, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    If your Eau de Rochas is the original women's one rather than the PH version, then it has something in it I don't like either. And for a while I thought Eau de Hadrian was too feminine too - though after having everything (soap, shampoo and other things) in our Paris Hotel room being made of Eau De Hadrian, I finally got used to it and started to like it.
    Regards,
    Renato
    It's Pour Homme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    Duver, show some respect. You are talking about some of the most gorgeous perfumes ever made. They do not have a bug smell, I promise you. Eau de Hadrien is my favorite citrus, followed closely by Eau Sauvage.
    Sorry, bud! I usually either run away from cockroaches or squish them. One day I hope to try Eau d'Hadrien somewhere else and will hopefully find out my bottle is OFF. As for Eau Sauvage, I have never smelled it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    Were they stored with a bottle of Green Irish Tweed for any period of time?
    No.. do you mean Green Irish Tweed is buggy too? I have it and... don't like it! I wouldn't say it's cockroachy though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I'm right there with you...that's a good way of describing it. I haven't tried Eau de Rochas but Eau d'Hadrien does have that smell...I was beginning to think I was the only one who smelled something "off" with it. I love the first 5 minutes or so of it, but then it smells off and quite hairspray like that ruins it for me. I'm not a fan of Eau Sauvage either, to me, it does have that same sort of quality, unfortunately. I really wanted to like it, and a ton of people do, so maybe it's my chemistry, maybe it's my nose, who knows.
    When I spray mine the cockroaches come out right away on me.
    Looking for split pal - Oud Ispahan and Ombre dans l'eau