Code of Conduct

Thumbs up SOTD, Monday 6th May 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SOTD, Monday 6th May 2013

Creed Aventus

Bonjour Mesdames!
    vintage..

Vol de Nuit Extrait (current)

Kouros by YSL

Caleche Hermes. xoxo

Afternoon All,

Eau de Guerlain
    for a lazy day off (Mike - the long weekend is a May Day thing).
    More coffee is called for.
    Have a lovely Monday, folks.

Blog Entries

Hi all,

The weather is glorious here & l'm gearing up for an afternoon of clearing out the garden shed, followed by some relaxing on my sunlounger, if there's time. l probably won't be scented until later on, after a shower.

Wishing a great bank holiday to all those who have one, & a good week to everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Pour le Jeune Homme this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Lazy day off here too.

Been out for a short drive this morning and managed to find a previously undiscovered garden centre selling locally grown fruit and veg dirt cheap - returned weighed down with purchases. Quiet afternoon planned with a bottle of something chilled.

SotD is Atelier Rose Anonyme (sample).

Lightly spiced rose with a gourmand edge and a sheer oud note that I can actually tolerate (for once !). Very gender neutral, easy to wear and ultimately rather enjoyable.

Good morning, everyone!

Well, it's all over now for another year, but we'll probably be buzzing from yesterday's performances for a while. In addition to a fantastic showing by The Black Keys, and among many other great bands, we witnessed Trombone Shorty in his triumphant, "dream come true" moment, closing Jazz Fest as a local boy done real good! And then, we headed over to House of Blues for George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, and they were just as funky as ever. I think Tony had the time of his life, which is always good for my heart ...sigh. Such an excellent weekend.

...but now it's time for ballet, so I'm in 1932 to help me with that. ♥

Y'all have a great day, and a great start to your week!

gandhajala, Jon, teardrop, anyone else celebrating May - enjoy your holiday!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good afternoon! I am covered in factor 15 so no scent until this evening.
    Glorious, warm day here and it's a Bank Holiday too. Busy doing as little
    as possible.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning everyone!

I was crazed the entire weekend getting ready to leave on my trip this Saturday. I tried on clothes out of my closet and realized I had 2 pairs of pants and 3 t-shirts that fit. That's exciting after dropping 100lbs, but terrifying when you realize you have nothing to bring on a trip that you're leaving for in 7 days. So after a whirlwind of shopping, I'm set for the summer and for my trip. Yay!

Twolf, I am so glad you're feeling better and able to smell again! Teardrop, it sounds like you're almost better too, so yay!

30Roses, wow, you are such a great daughter. You are a caregiver to your whole family... make sure you are a caregiver to yourself too, so you don't burn out. Xoxo!

Mike, your Sunday morning sounded wonderful! I need to make time to get a massage, lay by the pool, etc. I promised myself this year I would do that. It's not that I don't have the time, it's that I don't make the time.

I'm wearing the last Jo Malone sample today, Blackberry and Bay. It's a little masculine for me, but I tell you, I'd love to spritz this on a guy I was into. Yummy!

Congrats on your amazing accomplishment, elizrj! I had the same problem in my closet this spring, only my reason was quite opposite to yours . But now I know that it is, in fact, possible. Thanks!

Cuir de Russie current EdT. I have vintage, courtesy of a certain gentleman, but can't just quite find special enough moment to wear it yet.

Hello all. Robert Piguet Visa.
    DONNA

I'm having a relaxed day in the woodiness and general loveliness of Hermes Amazone
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

I feel bad coming here and telling you I am wearing something I made but, I mostly wear my own fragrances now (at least the ones I am toying with). Today I am wearing this number I whipped up yesterday. I have been putting together what I call "sketches" containing 13 notes on an almost daily basis as sort of an exercise in accords. This one is quite intriguing. A Gardenia for men. I don't want to give too much away because this one is sniff worthy of my noses. A few notes: Anise, Sumac, Gardenia, Black Pine, Guaiac. Have a great day.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

I'm in M.Micallef Le Parfum Denis Durand Couture

Elizrj, I always remember Rick Steves: "All travelers can be divided into two categories: these who travel light and those who wish they did" (might be not exactly his wording as I am citing from memory). Please do not pack everything and a kitchen sink, it is too heavy and gives you too many choices.

JR, out of interest, what did you buy from a garden center this time of a year? Dandelions and rhubarb?

Had a good -- so satisfying! -- 14 hour day at my both jobs yesterday. Thinking along the lines of Hermes Faubourg 24 Eau Delicate today.

Twolf, thanks for the reminder I have watched almost all of those Rick Steve's shows on the areas we're going to. Luckily, we're going from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the ship, then the ship back to the airport. Even so, I knocked my list way down. The problem for me is that after touring all day and getting dirty and sweaty, I have to go dress up for dinner. The ship does have 24hour laundry service tho, so that should help.

Still I don't know how he's able to spend two weeks touring with only a backpack worth of clothes. That's pretty impressive!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! Love, Chloe for me today.

Big hugs to those who need them and wishing all a good start to the week. xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Evangeline, we see Trombone Shorty when he comes to Tampa, a really great show and, well, easy on the eyes, LOL.

Today in L'Artisan Mechant Loup. Big bad wolf mama I guess.

Dunhill ~ Desire (Red).

Evangeline, what fun! After years of not being excited by new music, the Black Keys have lit up my rock'n'roll hope again. Bet they were a blast to see! Have seen GC and PFunk before, I know they must have been great. Wish I could have been there!

(((elizrj))), I'm so happy for you! For your trip and weight loss both! Yes, clothes shopping is a pain but I bet you are stunning in all your new pretties. You deserved a new sartorial beginning to go with your fabulous new self. Am having the same problem planning for our June vacation. I could get by with almost nothing if not for having to dress for dinner. But there are far worse problems to have!

No scent yet, will begin Genie Jeanie's beautiful Amouage pass after some garden chores. Have a great day, gang!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 6th May 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    JR, out of interest, what did you buy from a garden center this time of a year? Dandelions and rhubarb?
    Rhubarb, broad beans, strawberries, cauliflower, plus some early peas and carrots. Also a few garden plants and assorted treats for our feathered garden visitors.

SotE - Creed Virgin Island Water.

Chanel 31 rue Cambon to start the week off. Have a great day everyone! And you across the pond folks enjoy your holiday

hello everyone!

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Hello all.

I'm having a fragrant Monday- Anima Dulcis (officially on top of my wishlist) this am, Rose Poivrée this pm.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

((elizrj)) That is a wonderful problem to have-- needing to buy clothes after weight loss! I agree with Twolf-- try to travel light.

I need to go find myself a perfume to wear today....off to my fridge to look...

Ok, SotD is Fico di Amalfi.

Thank You Whitefluffy, Twolf, Perfumedlady and 30roses You all are so sweet! I don't think I'd mind spending the money if it weren't for the fact that I still have about 70lbs to go. At least this all will get me through the summer.

I'm so excited to go, and I can't wait to sniff the stuff I can't find here! If anyone needs a perfume mule, let me know.

30Roses, that sounds pretty refreshing, keeping a cool scent in the fridge for the hot summer! Hmmm.

JonRodgers, what a gorgeous picture!!!

SOTE

Blog Entries

Thanks elizrj, l still have a little catarrh but otherwise l'm feeling loads better!

l did all my garden chores, then had a blissful couple of hours of sunbathing this afternoon. l feel so blessed to have had this bank holiday off. lt's now wine o'clock; l'm drinking a nice Australian Merlot & cooking fried aubergine, with a couscous salad of spring onions, cherry tomatoes, green & black olives, toasted pine nuts & feta. Yum!

For my SOTE l'm retrying my sample of Tawaf, but still not loving it like l thought l would.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj
    I'm a crazy woman trying to tie up all my loose ends before I leave in a week. There are too many, I'm not sure I can get them all... I'm hoping this weekend to make a dent in my lists.
    Quarry, you need to teach a class in loving yourself and loving your life.
    I'll add that to one of my lists.

Oh, Jon, you choose the most provocative imagery. Our cockatiel, Beaker, loved the skylark song you posted.

I'll take my cue from Evangeline and renew my acquaintance with Chanel 1932 for SoTD.

Wearing Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella.
    Last edited by jacona; 6th May 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: TF, Neroli Portofino.

Hello again!

I'm in Hermès Rouge Eau Délicate (2003) this afternoon. I've noticed a resemblance before, but this time it somehow seems uncannily similar to Annick Goutal's Grand Amour, even more so than to Hermès Rouge ..which, for whatever reason, gives me a new appreciation for it ...for all three, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Evangeline, we see Trombone Shorty when he comes to Tampa, a really great show and, well, easy on the eyes, LOL.
    I agree, hehe! I'm glad to know he has fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Evangeline, what fun! After years of not being excited by new music, the Black Keys have lit up my rock'n'roll hope again...
    I've always had the opposite problem - I cycle though obsessions with the new and exciting! My playlists are always crammed with stuff I need to get to, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get to all of it ...then before you know it something else new comes along and adds to it. I'm really not complainig though, and I'm not surprised the Black Keys were able to do it for you - they put on a great show!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

HAPPY MONDAYToday it's vintage Miss Balmain perfume

Hello all!

At last (orthodox) Easter is over and I can finally stop cooking and cleaning all day!!
    This is not how I want to spent my days, unfortunatelly my husband doesn't (want to)
    understand it and he is always full of ideas, what we have to cook...

Already very warm weather here, I was wearing

Vetyver - Jo Malone today.

Blog Entries

Cuir de Russie on my arms and Miss Dior Cherie on my chest.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

I'm wearing Morgane Le Fay Blue today. It's been a long day at work, and I think I will go re-spritz the Blue ... like L'Heure Bleue, it's so perfect for this time of day. It's not as melancholy as LHB either! Don't get me wrong, I love both and I am NOT saying they are alike ... but, they both conjure up visions of dusky blue evenings.

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Long, tiring day. Cooling off with Mary Greenwell Lemon.

Have a good night!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

PDN New York tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon