Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Perfume that gives you a sense of well being

Lubin-Vetiver
    Please cancel my subscription to your issues.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    So as OP doesn't want a Creed he could try try Paco Rabanne XS, pretty much the same as Himalaya but less than a quarter of the price. Longevity is fine.
    Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT
    I'm no expert, but the similarity for me is minimal .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Math You View Post
    I second this. I am huge fan. There's also something (good) to be said when purchasing from a one-man show in Portland, Oregon. You can actually communicate with the person who developed & created the scent you're wearing; something that just isn't possible with "name" brands. I love Sova, Jeke, Pear & Olive for the way they smell and interact with my body chemistry over time, but it also makes me happy knowing I supported a hardworking success story in North America.
    A blind buy is on the cards. I can feel your passion, thank you for sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Math You View Post
    I second this. I am huge fan. There's also something (good) to be said when purchasing from a one-man show in Portland, Oregon. You can actually communicate with the person who developed & created the scent you're wearing; something that just isn't possible with "name" brands. I love Sova, Jeke, Pear & Olive for the way they smell and interact with my body chemistry over time, but it also makes me happy knowing I supported a hardworking success story in North America.
    Whether these fragrances are right for the circumstances, I don't know. What I do know is that your passion for the company is blatant, so blatant that I have just ordered 4 or 5 samples to try. I hope I like them.

[QUOTE=misterhyde;2969931]Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT

- - - Updated - - -

I can only say that for me Cool Water is awful whereas GIT is hard to dislike.
    I would choose Himalaya over XS but not because it is better, the slightly sharper XS doesn't really suit my taste, but taking the price into consideration XS wins by a mile.

When I was feeling a little ill and nauseous I remember using GIT to lift my mood. It has a freshness that hits the spot when feeling down. MI and Mugler Cologne are also a good picks.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress / Venetian Bergamot / Amber Absolute HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

A good quality vetiver essential oil.

A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux

Great post, you paint a lovely picture. I'd go with MI if it lasts on your skin. Otherwise, Burberry Summer.

Blog Entries

Mona di Orio Vetyver...the ginger note would go perfectly with that whole scenario. Or you could do Creed M.I. If you wanted to smell like a giant artificial Watermelon candy!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

all the ones I have not given away!

So as OP doesn't want a Creed he could try try Paco Rabanne XS, pretty much the same as Himalaya but less than a quarter of the price. Longevity is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterhyde View Post
    Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT
    I own both, and yes, they are quite similar. And maybe by the beach the XS would be quite good - it has a mint note in it that would enhance the cooling feeling in the warm evening. While similar, I find myself always reaching for the Creed. It has a smoother creamy feeling that I like a little better than the sharper colder XS (due to the mint I am thinking). But yes, they are pretty similar. Personally prefer Himalaya, but XS is a fine substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by misterhyde View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, probably the two houses that hopeless for me, durability wise, are Creed and Frapin. I like the houses very much but seriously can't afford to wear them; I need half a dozen sprays minimum, and still they don't last.
    I'll just post this one more time.
    God loves a tryer.

Profumum Alba

Basenotes Member

I'll just post this one more time.
    God loves a tryer.
    Lol I think some of the members are answering the question with themselves in mind and not me, which is OK I suppose.
    Take away Creed and Frapin, there are still quite a few fragrances for me to consider and try.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for all the contributions. You have given me quite a few ideas which I shall now enjoy trying out.