Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Perfume that gives you a sense of well being

Imagine that you've spent all day on the beach. You've gone home, had a hot shower, relaxed on the bed for a while, and are now ready to go out for aperitifs in a class beach bar followed by a great fish meal, probably by the harbor.

Your skin is tingling but not burnt, and you have a good feeling of well being, what fragrance would you wear?

Even though the bars and restaurant will be refined, the dress code will still be informal. Help me please with a signature fragrance for these circumstances.

Default Re: Perfume that gives you a sense of well being

Mugler Cologne, Clinique Happy, Gucci Pour Homme II

Higher End: Creed Millisime Imperial or Silver Mountain Water

Green Irish Tweed always makes me happy

Everything from Slumberhouse that I've tried gives me a sense of well being and comfort plus it makes me happy.

Basenotes Member

Should have mentioned that for some reason , even after moisturising, Creed has a longevity of literally one hour. I used to wear quite often Frapin 1270 and that disappears after about thirty minutes. The skin doesn't seem particularly dry but I suppose it must be.

Guerlainista

I would go for a lavender-based fragrance. I just came back from a trip to a beach resort, and I wore Gucci Nobile and Jicky EdP in the evenings.

A citrus or chypre would work well too, considering its for a dinner out. I'd consider Derby, Eau de Guerlain, Chanel Pour Monsieur, and Chypre Palatin as well.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pure MYSORE SANDALWOOD mixed with Tam Dao calms me down and reduces my stress levels. It really has this power.

Millesime Imperial gives me that holiday on a tropical beach feeling.

Creed Sublime Vanille and Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine.

In these situations:

Designer fragrances- Dior Dune pour Homme, Dsauqred Ocean Wet Wood, Baldessarini del Mar

Niche fragrances- possibly, among others, ADP Colonia, Creed OV, Hugh Parsons Blue

+1 For Millesime Imperial

Basenotes Member

So many I haven't tried or even thought of trying, thank you. I'm very much into oud's at the present and therefore have found it difficult to even contemplate summery, light, fresh fragrances.
    All your help is greatly appreciated

YSL Live jazz could be nice if it's still warm
    Guerlain Heritage gives me a feeling of wellbeing.

Aqua di Parma Colonia is the perfume of happiness. It is impossible to wear it without smiling a little bit.

Millesime Imperial or Virgin Island Water. Maybe Virgin Island Water is more for the day time, but I love that scent and would find it hard to resist spraying myself with it when confronted with that scenario.

Although, if it were a cooler evening, I may steer away from the citrus/beachy vibe slightly and go with something boozier. If you like vanilla, maybe Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Or if you really like citrus, maybe steer back onto a bit of a citrusy road and go with Frapin's L'Huministe.

Millesime Imperial

Basenotes Member

As I mentioned earlier, probably the two houses that hopeless for me, durability wise, are Creed and Frapin. I like the houses very much but seriously can't afford to wear them; I need half a dozen sprays minimum, and still they don't last.

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    Millesime Imperial or Virgin Island Water. Maybe Virgin Island Water is more for the day time, but I love that scent and would find it hard to resist spraying myself with it when confronted with that scenario.

Although, if it were a cooler evening, I may steer away from the citrus/beachy vibe slightly and go with something boozier. If you like vanilla, maybe Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Or if you really like citrus, maybe steer back onto a bit of a citrusy road and go with Frapin's L'Huministe.

SMN Melograno aftershave is my pick. It's like the most luxurious soap imaginable.

Profumum Roma Arso, Frapin 1697 or perhaps that Creed fragrance starting with an 'A'.

Basenotes Plus

Creed Millesime Imperial.
    Acqua di Parma Mirto di Panarea.
    Xerjoff Fiore d'Ulivo.
    Hugh Parsons Blue.

In new-style perfumes, practically every JC Ellena and most B Duchaufour perfumes have the wellness factor in spades, of these my prime favourites are Timbuktu, Eau d'Orange Verte (I keep a bottle in the fridge) and Dzongkha.

Francis Kurkdjian's APOM pour homme gives an astounding and more persistent feeling of airy lightness and hygiene, and has some comforting sweetness too.

Banned
    Blog Entries

cheap side- bvlgari pour homme is always safe. mid range- aramis bermuda tonic- fruity and fizzy with a nice musky background

Quote Originally Posted by misterhyde View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, probably the two houses that hopeless for me, durability wise, are Creed and Frapin. I like the houses very much but seriously can't afford to wear them; I need half a dozen sprays minimum, and still they don't last.
    That's my mistake. Then I would say Sel Marin maybe?

Inthat particular scenario i think I'd reach for Givenchy Insense.

If you say it enough times it might just get through :-)

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Everything from Slumberhouse that I've tried gives me a sense of well being and comfort plus it makes me happy.
    I second this. I am huge fan. There's also something (good) to be said when purchasing from a one-man show in Portland, Oregon. You can actually communicate with the person who developed & created the scent you're wearing; something that just isn't possible with "name" brands. I love Sova, Jeke, Pear & Olive for the way they smell and interact with my body chemistry over time, but it also makes me happy knowing I supported a hardworking success story in North America.

I think Armani Eau Pour homme vintage would work well in that atmosphere (or any other citrus fragrance that has that certain Italian-vibe)
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

A beach bar in the early evening... I would think Creed Himalaya - a cooling refreshing scent that makes me feel relaxed. Longevity of that one is really good on me. If not for you, then I would say Ormonde Man. Or Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Tom Ford, Neroli Portofoni seems to make me feel happy when wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    A beach bar in the early evening... I would think Creed Himalaya - a cooling refreshing scent that makes me feel relaxed. Longevity of that one is really good on me. If not for you, then I would say Ormonde Man. Or Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.
    So as OP doesn't want a Creed he could try try Paco Rabanne XS, pretty much the same as Himalaya but less than a quarter of the price. Longevity is fine.

Lubin-Vetiver
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    So as OP doesn't want a Creed he could try try Paco Rabanne XS, pretty much the same as Himalaya but less than a quarter of the price. Longevity is fine.
    Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT
    I'm no expert, but the similarity for me is minimal .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Math You View Post
    I second this. I am huge fan. There's also something (good) to be said when purchasing from a one-man show in Portland, Oregon. You can actually communicate with the person who developed & created the scent you're wearing; something that just isn't possible with "name" brands. I love Sova, Jeke, Pear & Olive for the way they smell and interact with my body chemistry over time, but it also makes me happy knowing I supported a hardworking success story in North America.
    A blind buy is on the cards. I can feel your passion, thank you for sharing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Math You View Post
    Whether these fragrances are right for the circumstances, I don't know. What I do know is that your passion for the company is blatant, so blatant that I have just ordered 4 or 5 samples to try. I hope I like them.

[QUOTE=misterhyde;2969931]Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT

- - - Updated - - -

I can only say that for me Cool Water is awful whereas GIT is hard to dislike.
    I would choose Himalaya over XS but not because it is better, the slightly sharper XS doesn't really suit my taste, but taking the price into consideration XS wins by a mile.

When I was feeling a little ill and nauseous I remember using GIT to lift my mood. It has a freshness that hits the spot when feeling down. MI and Mugler Cologne are also a good picks.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

A good quality vetiver essential oil.

A Quiet Morning by Miller et Bertaux

Great post, you paint a lovely picture. I'd go with MI if it lasts on your skin. Otherwise, Burberry Summer.

Blog Entries

Mona di Orio Vetyver...the ginger note would go perfectly with that whole scenario. Or you could do Creed M.I. If you wanted to smell like a giant artificial Watermelon candy!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

all the ones I have not given away!

Is the Paco Rabanne XS much the same as Creed Himalaya, really? People say that Cool Water is much the same as GIT
    I own both, and yes, they are quite similar. And maybe by the beach the XS would be quite good - it has a mint note in it that would enhance the cooling feeling in the warm evening. While similar, I find myself always reaching for the Creed. It has a smoother creamy feeling that I like a little better than the sharper colder XS (due to the mint I am thinking). But yes, they are pretty similar. Personally prefer Himalaya, but XS is a fine substitute.

I'll just post this one more time.
    God loves a tryer.

Profumum Alba

Basenotes Member

I'll just post this one more time.
    God loves a tryer.
    Lol I think some of the members are answering the question with themselves in mind and not me, which is OK I suppose.
    Take away Creed and Frapin, there are still quite a few fragrances for me to consider and try.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for all the contributions. You have given me quite a few ideas which I shall now enjoy trying out.