Code of Conduct

Default Info on C-M Jockey Club?

I have been looking for a new 'barbershop'-esque fragrance to add to my collection and was interested in Jockey Club from Caswell-Massey. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on it anywhere though. Ideally I'm looking for something that combines the aromatics of YSL's Rive Gauche PH with the powdery-soapy aspects of Prada Amber PH. Does anyone know if Jockey Club would fit that bill? Any other recommendations (under $100USD) are welcome.

Default Re: Info on C-M Jockey Club?

Maybe Joe Sorrento Blue by J.A. Not an exact match for your want, but might do. Also quite inexpensive.

I've thought about it as well, but it's very, very powdery. It's heavy on anise and smells like talcum powder, it may be a little old-mannish, that is why I have not bought it yet, not sure I can pull it off, I'm debating it as well. It might be nice to wear around the house, certainly is very, very barbershop-ish. There's always Clubman A/S which lasts like an EDT and is THE classic barbershop fragrance.

Thanks for the recommendations, I've never heard of the Joe Sorrento, and now I'll have to go out and try some Clubman...

Just to thow a monkey-wrench into the proceedings I noticed a thread from this past summer stating the Caswell Massey is reformulating Jockey Club, sounds like to comply with EU Regs, not sure why, but in any case I decided to pick up a bottle as the current stock out there may soon be replaced by a lesser product. JC is currently out of stock on CM website so it may still be in the process of reformulation. So I'd suggest buying now if you think you may want it eventually, assuming the 2012 thread was correct. p.s. Clubman can be bought anywhere for a song ($6), buy some, it's good stuff to have around.

Yeah, I read that about Jockey Club too, that's why I started this thread so I could find out a little more before I inevitably buy it. I still don't get why a company that's all about being 'Made in America' would bother with EU regulations though?

I tried Jockey Club a few years ago. I found it to be a very odd scent.

The bar soap is great stuff. The spray fragrance - eh, not so much. I'd be thrilled if the reformulated version smells more like the soap.