Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Question Which should I get? Pure Havane or L'instant de Guerlain Extreme?

I know of someone who is selling L'instant de Guerlain Extreme 75 mls (96% remaining) @ $95 locally and I also have the opportunity to get a 100 ml bottle of Pure Havane for $88.

Another thing I thought I should mention: I already have a bottle of the original Angel Men and a 10 ml decant of Pure Malt. I also have Animale Animale which supposedly smells like Pure Havane.

Keeping this in mind, would it still be worth it to get Pure Havane? Or would you guys recommend LIDGE instead?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which should I get? Pure Havane or L'instant de Guerlain Extreme?

If you really enjoy your Mugler fragrances, then stick with Pure Havane. Personally, I like to diversify my collection so if I were you, I'd go with LIDGE. The problem with LIDGE is it tends to fall short on people's expectations but it exceeded mine. Pure Havane is the less risky choice.

They're both great. I'd go with Pure Havane, but that's just me. Btw Animale Animale smells nothing like Pure Havane.

Blog Entries

I like both Pure Havane and L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme but if you prefer something with a youthful/casual vibe, go with PH. By the way, I have both Pure Havane and Animale Animale for Men and they are different to my nose.

yeah, as del says, for the more youthful, casual vibe, PH for sure.

If you're looking for a slightly older, refined class, LIDGE.

L'instant de Guerlain Extreme

Both are nice but I have to go with Pure Havane.

I own both, but if I had to choose, I would go with Pure Havane. It seems to fit more with what you listed and is a more versatile scent than LIDGE.

Considering you have 1 bottle of the original and the Pure Malt decant, I would get LIDGE...first.

You can always get Pure Havane next time.

Get LIDGE first, and then save up for Pure Havane, because it's the best of the A*Men flankers.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    I own both, but if I had to choose, I would go with Pure Havane. It seems to fit more with what you listed and is a more versatile scent than LIDGE.
    ^^^This
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

I'd go with Pure Havane. LIDGE is a boring scent to me and falls drastically short of the hype, whereas Havane lives up to the hype and is a huge compliment getter.

I can live without Pure Havane but would give up 80% of my collection for 1 bottle of LIDGE (if its discontinued).

Also as jamwires already mentioned, Pure Havane is more casual, while LIDGE more refined (but can still be worn as casual scent)
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

That's tough, I own 'em both; Pure Havane see's more action but LIDGE is probably a better frag.

Pure Havane cause I dislike LIDGE. To me, Pure Havane > LIDG > LIDGE

I like Pure Havane a bit more + it's more versatile and youthful as others have said .
    LIDGE is a phenomenal scent but I think you need to be well dressed in order to pull it off . It has a refined , classy vibe .

I'd like and get both, but if I had to choose only one, Pure Havane would be my clear favorite.

LIDGE before it's gone.

They smell similar and if you go on Fragrantica there's a ton of people that feel the same way. With that said it's not a clone of Pure Havane with the similarities fading after the opening. Past the opening Animale Animale takes a turn towards A*Men. Pure Havane keeps the cherry tobacco opening with more of the honey and vanilla playing a part. From this point I don't see a resemblance.
    LIDGE would be more of an acquired taste for some. I look at LIDGE as the grown up or more masculine version of Dior Homme Intense. Those two also get compared to each other, but it's more because of them sharing a cacao note. LIDGE has a slight anise note combined with the cacao and patchouli. Dior Homme Intense is a sweeter cacao and vanilla dry down.

I think if I owned Pure Malt, I wouldn't buy Pure Havane. They're not identical by any means, but some of the notes are so similar I'd probably get LIDGE if I was on a fragrance budget.

However, all things being equal, I prefer Pure Havane to LIDGE. Others can parse the notes all they want; I just think Pure Havane smells better.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    Considering you have 1 bottle of the original and the Pure Malt decant, I would get LIDGE...first.

You can always get Pure Havane next time.
    this

I strongly recommend LIDGE over any of the A*Men flankers any day, any occasion.

Personally, i would get LIDGE. Have you smelled either before? I dont think you should buy LIDGE blind, Pure Havane is the safer blind buy. Both are excellent scents. Since you have Pure Malt and original Angel, you may want to diversify your collection a bit with LIDGE.

GL

Lidge

I would choose Pure Havane over the Guerlain one. It's just a better smelling fragrance IMO. And, just as other has mentioned, Animale Animale doesn't smell anything like Pure Havane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    LIDGE before it's gone.
    Where is it going?

LIDGE was a huge letdown for me. Pure Havane, however, is a great scent.

I like LIDGE, but I love Pure Havane.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit