Code of Conduct

Default Can you check my modest wardrobe and see what I can use for formal or professional events?

I love gourmands but never realized that I should be diversifying my collection and should be aware of different occasions a whole lot more. I have a company gala mid month and trying to decide what to use. Formal yet professional. Can't be too sexy.

Also, i'm definitely going after my wishlist so throw that into consideration too. And if you have any of that up for trade for sale let me know

Default Re: Can you check my modest wardrobe and see what I can use for formal or professional events?

Definitely something in the citrus category, they tend to be less offensive. From your wardrobe either HM or Cool Water. Could even do Love and Luck.

Cheers.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Can you check my modest wardrobe and see what I can use for formal or professional events?

I think 17 sprays of 1 Million would probably be appropriate. I'm kidding, I'd go with either of your Burberry fragrances. I'd choose London.

Personally, from your collection I would go with D&G The One.

From your wish list, I would say Legend

Both work well in formal situations IMO.

I second the recommendations of Cool Water, Love and Luck and even small quantities of Burberry London.

YSL La Nuit

I think Dior Homme is the best choice from your wish list. YSL L'homme would also be good.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I enjoy Burberry for Men. Perfect scent, projection, longevity and versatility for a formal or professional event. That being said, I think the same goes for Cool Water...I'd just rather wear something different. Seems so many people have or have had Cool Water over the years, although I think it has dipped in popularity in recent years.

Banned
    Blog Entries

You need to get dhi

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    You need to get dhi

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    YSL La Nuit
    This.

YSL La Nuit.
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

YSL nuit!

+1's on Dior Homme, DHI and YSL l'Homme and La Nuit.

Also look into the Bulgari Pour Homme line. I call these my Boardroom scents as they are refined, but subtle.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

London & La Nuit are perfect for the occasion

If you are going to ask for comments on your wardrobe, I think you'd get more responses if you enable us to see it without having to click on your profile.

Your collection is heavy on "casual" scents. Some are great, but I personally wouldn't classify them as formal. Most formal scents are less citrusy, and heavier on things like powder, leather, or cocoa/vanilla.

I'd say if I had to choose from your collection, it would be The One. That's a great scent for nearly any occasion. I don't like La Nuit personally, so that's out for me.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

+1 La Nuit de L'homme

DG one, but you might need to reapply as it has poor logentivity