Code of Conduct

Default Gucci pour Homme II - Possibly Discontinued?

I noticed Gucci pour Homme II is un-buyable on the Gucci website and inquired if the fragrance has been discontinued. Here's the response I received:

"Unfortunately, the item you have requested is currently unavailable for purchase online. At this time we are not informed if it will be included in future collections.

Please note that we are only able to guarantee the availability of merchandise online at Gucci.com. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and would like to assist you in locating an alternative style for your online purchase. Please feel free to browse through the additional styles offered on our site and we will be happy to reserve another selection for your online purchase."

It looks like this might possibly be the end of the line for GPHII. My guess is they have ceased production and they're waiting until it's off most the store shelves to put forth an official statement. If you enjoy the fragrance and need a back-up bottle, I'd pick one up before the prices go up (on eBay) upon official announcement. Seeing the dollar amounts GPHI is going for now it wouldn't surprise me if this one reached similar price levels.

Default Re: Gucci pour Homme II - Possibly Discontinued?

Unfortunately, they get rid of the best ones. This talk has been going on for a while with GPHII. Guess it's getting closer to that time. A great fragrance indeed.

Sorry Gucci, you're guilty as charged. Bring back Tom Ford!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Amen to this! As I'm wearing GPHI today! I really wish I could have tried Rush and Envy.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Sorry Gucci, you're guilty as charged. Bring back Tom Ford!

Basenotes Plus

Is it after you checkout? Because I can add it to my cart right now from their website.

Gucci is apparently in the business of discontinuing good, distinctive scents (Rush for Men, Envy, Pour Homme II) and introducing obnoxious, vile fragrances (Gucci Guilty, etc.).

I'm not totally sure, from the response I received yesterday, it's unavailable and it's "not known" if they're keeping it around. The tone of the email would imply that it's not going to be around much longer..."At this time we are not informed if it will be included in future collections." Seems like they already know, but aren't willing to say it straight up. I wouldn't buy it through Gucci's site anyway, it can be found for less through eBay (FOR NOW!)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Is it after you checkout? Because I can add it to my cart right now from their website.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I noticed Gucci pour Homme II is un-buyable on the Gucci website and inquired if the fragrance has been discontinued. Here's the response I received:

"Unfortunately, the item you have requested is currently unavailable for purchase online. At this time we are not informed if it will be included in future collections.

Please note that we are only able to guarantee the availability of merchandise online at Gucci.com. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused and would like to assist you in locating an alternative style for your online purchase. Please feel free to browse through the additional styles offered on our site and we will be happy to reserve another selection for your online purchase."

It looks like this might possibly be the end of the line for GPHII. My guess is they have ceased production and they're waiting until it's off most the store shelves to put forth an official statement. If you enjoy the fragrance and need a back-up bottle, I'd pick one up before the prices go up (on eBay) upon official announcement. Seeing the dollar amounts GPHI is going for now it wouldn't surprise me if this one reached similar price levels.
    Unfortunately this is quite old news. I miss Pour Homme I and Rush. Gucci what are you doing!

A few days ago I order a 100ML bottle from nordstrom. $76 is a bit steep but whatever.

This is one of the best tea based designer fragrances on the market and when it goes it will be a shame though not for ebay.

It still pops every now and then on online retail website although becoming increasingly more difficult to source.

Agreed, I just got my bottle yesterday that I purchased from an eBay seller. It was my first time trying GPHII. It's very well done. I purchased another bottle from the same seller later last night at a reasonable $55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    This is one of the best tea based designer fragrances on the market and when it goes it will be a shame though not for ebay.

You can still find some decent prices online, eBay for example.

The 100 ml size is still available on neimanmarcus.com, but the 50 ml size is not available.

The 100 ml is available on the website now, it does not say its unavailable. Gucci fragrances under Tom Ford were all stellar, the releases under Frida Giannini are all shit in comparison. I will buy a back up bottle, this fragrance is very unique and special for me.

I just purchased mine from a seller in Pa. Wanted to give this a try since I read so many great things about it. I am sure prices will only sky rocket of this is indeed the case, so I wanted to get mine before then. Being that I am a lover of the tea note as in several of the Bulgari frags, I am sure I am going to like this one. Glad I found this post before it was too late!

Yeah, the rumor about this one has been swirling around for a while now. About 6 months ago, I went ahead and bought 2 100ml bottles - just in case.

For anyone that is a fan, I would recommend doing it now - before it's too late.

They still sell it at Ulta and Sephora as far as I know, maybe they wont be able to order more, but Ulta has it.

Also I must ask... Is it possible the tester is terrible? its a brand new Ulta, I sprayed it on a card, and it was pretty weak, then I thought, well better to test on skin anyways, and OMG was it nasty, I wanted to wash it off immediately, All the notes say I should like it, but it was really bad, and I honestly was tempted to just chalk it up to a bad tester and buy it anyways :S

Can anyone describe thi

That'd stink if they kill GPHII. They killed Envy though, and Envy is/was the bomb, so I gotta think nothing is safe, save Guilty line, of which, GGI is not bad, but it doesn't make up for PH, PHII and/or Envy.

It's still in many department stores. Just look around. Get the big, beautiful 100ml version. The bottle is a work of art. And the fragrance is quite nice, well constructed, highly versatile.

You'll inevitably want Gucci pour Homme I, while you're at it. Still available in some out-of-the-way shops. Or you can pay a pretty penny for it online, too. It's worth it.

I suspect that both have been discontinued in part due to the costly packaging. No way Gucci's corporate bean counters will let them get way with that nice, heavy glass bottle. Truly one of the nicest in modern perfumery.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    No way Gucci's corporate bean counters will let them get way with that nice, heavy glass bottle. Truly one of the nicest in modern perfumery.
    100% agree. The bottle is a work of art but must be very costly!

Availability is spotty as some have suggested. I thought I'd simply let everyone here that enjoys the fragrance that it does indeed appear to be nearing its end of life. No doubt GPHI getting discontinued was a big disappointment. However, I was just beginning my fragrance collecting journey when that happened. Now I'm stocking up on what I can at a reasonable price. EBay has some awesome deals on GPHII currently... $55 for a 3.4oz, I picked up 2. I'd hate to see some newcomers and old lovers of GPHII pay upwards of $150 for a big bottle like GPHI is going for now. Beautiful bottles, beautiful fragrance. Get it before it's too late!

My girlfriend just got me a bottle for my upcoming birthday, so thrilled! Love this fragrance and will have to stock up on it. The tea and cinnamon combo is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Such a shame this one will be discontinued.

Will probably get me a back up bottle. Then again, I have about 35 fragrances will I wear it that much to use it all and need a back up.....hmmm????

A conundrum I must ponder.

I picked up Gucci Pour Homme I , in March for 85 bucks and I am sooo glad I did. I will get a back up bottle of this , I have a lot of memories with this fragrance ( I still have my 2006 bottle 40% full) and would never ever want to be without it. A scent can take you to a time and place in the past like nothing can.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is discontinued, it will be the final demise of Gucci's fragrances for me, this is the last fragrance in the Gucci line which actually is well composed.

that's why i hoarded it, news were already out in february!

I went through 3 bottles of this since i put it into the rotation years ago. Its one of the only frags i do like 10 sprays of! It helps with the little scent clound.

The discont. rumors have been flying for some time. I guess i'll get a couple more bottles.

I just purchased a 100ml bottle on ebay as it was unavailable in Sephora, Nocibe,Marionnaud and Douglas shops in Paris area.At Douglas they even told me that GPH II is identified as "discontinued" in their data base ...

I just saw it on the shelves at my local Sephora this past weekend (tester and packaged bottles still on the shelf). So there are still a few floating around at retail. Also, if it does get hard to find,
    I would suggest checking out Hanae Mori's new HiM. To me, it's very similar to GPH2, with just a little more sweetness added.

Blog Entries

Besides Sephora, I also saw GPH II at my local Nordstrom about 3 weeks ago, price around $75 if I'm not mistaken. Nice scent, but lacks longevity on my skin.

I did notice that the price is up from $72 to $76, locally, which I thought was odd.

Last year, when Gucci Pour Homme 2003 was discontinued, I called Gucci to see if they could help me find a list of retailers that might still have it (which they did and I found a bottle). I asked it Gucci Pour Homme II was being discontinued too and was told yes, but they were going through their stock first, and then it would be removed from their website just as GphI had been.

I didn't think to ask if that meant their stock of bottles, or their stock of ingredients to MAKE bottles. If it's the latter, it would explain why GphII still hasn't disappeared.

I've noticed that GphII seems to come and go from my local Sephora and Nordstrom. Sometimes, they don't even have a tester out.

Bottom line: it looks like GphII's days are numbered, but who knows how much longer it'll be around.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Banned
    Blog Entries

still on ebay at much more reasonable prices...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    still on ebay at much more reasonable prices...
    No kidding! That guy selling it for $55 is nuts. He should store it for a year or two and rake in at least $100 more per bottle.

Whyyyyyyy, i don't have the cash to be spending on full bottles. This makes me depressed as hell because i have to buy a bottle very soon.
    ANDERSON = GOAT

I mean yes they're interesting scents guys, but fragrances get discontinued for only one reason really, they're not selling in sufficient quantities to make them profitable.

I mean even Tom Ford went mainstream with Grey Vetiver...

Nobile, envy, rush, pour homme. It sucks discontinuation.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    I mean yes they're interesting scents guys, but fragrances get discontinued for only one reason really, they're not selling in sufficient quantities to make them profitable.
    This is absolutely the truth, but higher selling doesn't mean higher quality. Gucci Guilty sales are MUCH higher than Gph I or II ever were. Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme probably sells better too.

Teen scents (sorry Guilty fans) are monster sellers.
    Safe scents (sorry Gucci By Gucci fans) outsell the stuff that appeals to the niche crowd.

Gucci's older scents would have sold better if they were a niche house. Gph I and II weren't the kind of scents that could win the war for shelf space at Macy's.

Gucci is like an amazing band that realized they can make more money by cranking out top 40 pop trash.

Nobody sells more burgers than McDonalds, but I can't imagine anyone actually thinking McD's makes the best burgers.

definitely YEP! Sephora has risen its price and I bought the fifth and last back up bottle!

I've accepted that there is NO need whatsoever for me to 'back up' on any more scents, given the size of my collection and rate of use.......however, if I was to buy a back up of any scent that I own, outside of those I already own multiple bottles of, this scent would probably be it.

I only own 50ml. Reason being that I scored it a such a good price (£24 at Heathrow airport) that it didn't make sense to buy the bigger size....

But this is a scent I love.

That said, isn't this discontinuation old news?

I still have about 90% of my 100 ml bottle left, but I am starting to get scared. Man. I remember going into a Marshall's some time last year, and seeing about 5-6 50 ml bottles of GPH 2 for like $24.99! I shoulda stocked up! Next week, I just may go ahead and get a back up bottle. This is one of my top 5 fragrances of all times! I need atleast 2 back up bottles!
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This is absolutely the truth, but higher selling doesn't mean higher quality. Gucci Guilty sales are MUCH higher than Gph I or II ever were. Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme probably sells better too.

Teen scents (sorry Guilty fans) are monster sellers.
    Safe scents (sorry Gucci By Gucci fans) outsell the stuff that appeals to the niche crowd.

Gucci's older scents would have sold better if they were a niche house. Gph I and II weren't the kind of scents that could win the war for shelf space at Macy's.

Gucci is like an amazing band that realized they can make more money by cranking out top 40 pop trash.

Nobody sells more burgers than McDonalds, but I can't imagine anyone actually thinking McD's makes the best burgers.
    I think it's also because SA's push these fragrances to the consumer. On multiple visits with different SA's each time, they all tried to push late 2012, early 2013 releases at me. The first time I was there they didn't even mention Fahrenheit but I ended up buying that one over the new garbage Gucci/Calvin Klein/Burberry releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I still have about 90% of my 100 ml bottle left, but I am starting to get scared. Man. I remember going into a Marshall's some time last year, and seeing about 5-6 50 ml bottles of GPH 2 for like $24.99! I shoulda stocked up! Next week, I just may go ahead and get a back up bottle. This is one of my top 5 fragrances of all times! I need atleast 2 back up bottles!
    Wow it's no way I would've passed up that deal, I wish I would find GPHII in Marshalls for that cheap, it would have been an instant buy! Lol.

I think I may get me a backup bottle as well. One of the few fragrances that puts a smile on my face and calms me.

Even if Gucci followed Yves St Laurent & did what they did with M7, jazz etc with the 80ml classic, would be great to see Rush, Envy & pour homme brought back to life even in a different bottle I would be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb50 View Post
    Even if Gucci followed Yves St Laurent & did what they did with M7, jazz etc with the 80ml classic, would be great to see Rush, Envy & pour homme brought back to life even in a different bottle I would be happy
    I like the sound of this. It was just a cynical rebranding exercise with YSL though wasn't it? Ie I don't think their scents were discontinued.

isnt ebay full of gphII fakes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I blind bought GPH2 at Ross 3 years ago for $24.99 as well.

Mine were both real. Obviously you have to look into who you're buying from.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    isnt ebay full of gphII fakes ?