Code of Conduct

Default You know those mall kiosk brands? Well I ended up actually liking one of them.

It was called Thallium. I did a search and appartently it's picking up steam with the youtube and BN community. Still a whisper though. I ended up buying it on ebay for $15.

Most of the bottles were gimmicky and cool. If you were a collector of bottles you would've easily bought them just based on design. There was one called Caviar and it had little black balls inside the bottle that resembled caviar. And the names were catchy like Darksider and Insurrection. I guess they poured more resources into the marketing part of it than the juice itself. The word "Paris" was slapped on all the boxes. I can picture a normal person being attracted to the fact that it was "made in Paris"

Thalium was the only one I liked. A good find. I heard things about Thallium Black so I might blind buy that. The kiosk didn't have it. I might convince myself that Insurrection was ok. And for $20 ok is fine with me. I remember it being a super burnt sugar gourmand. But I'm a gourmand lover and I thought that was too much.

Default Re: You know those mall kiosk brands? Well I ended up actually liking one of them.

Actually it's a French mass market scent. Can be found in drugstores and "Target-like" stores throughout France. Under the Paris Bleu Parfums umbrella and marketed under the name Yves de Sistelle: http://www.parisbleu.com/#/en/men/br...s-de-sistelle/ it's fine for its price. There are many other inexpensive good ones to be found in this house.

Blog Entries

Default Re: You know those mall kiosk brands? Well I ended up actually liking one of them.

Thallium Black is even better. I too saw it at the mall, bought it for $11 on EBAY, and LOVE it . It's longevity beats many $300 Creeds... It's a linear Apple and spice frag. but I can smell it easily after 10hrs.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 7th May 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I was wondering what the longevity would be on these cheapies. I tried to remember all the names of the kiosk frags so I can ebay them later. Every single one of them was under or close to $15.

For that price I expected as much quality as a Walgreens or CVS Inspired by fragrance. But good to hear that you were getting 10+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Thallium Black is even better.
    Agree. Better than the original.

Thallium sport is good also. Insurrection is a good cheapie IMO. Last at least 10 hours on my skin.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 8th May 2013 at 03:12 AM.

I agree Thallim black is better than the original. As sjg3839 said sport is decent also. Longevity is too good for the little price tag..I easily get 8-10 hrs (Black)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

I've been wearing the original Thallium since 2004 probably, prices used to be a little steeper, somewhere around 25 bucks, which is still a great price. It is a wonderful scent, reminds me of Rochas Man, and Joop, combined into one.

They have an awesome scent called Cyrus Sport I believe, it has a strong blueberry note, like nothing I have smelled in a designer frag before.. and it lasts and lasts, although, like Thallium, very synthetic smelling.

Congrats on discovering this great and practical scent. It's been in my collection a good while, and I am on my second bottle. I can't see my collection without it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Do you guys know which other mall kiosk brands I should sniff out? I didn't think anything of them so I initially passed on most of them. Gonns giive them all a second look

Blog Entries

Don't judge a fragrance by its price. I have found 'gems' that were under $50. True you have to do some looking b/c often they use inferior ingredients or their longevity isn't always great. My greatest pet-peeve in the world of fragrances is when someone will bash something simply b/c it is inexpensive or not well known, yet praise the newest atomizer of weak gutter water put out by some trendy niche house.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales