Code of Conduct

Default Suggest me a celebrity scent

Hello,
    I have never tried a celebrity scent, here in Italy we always use famous fashion designers' perfumes but now I am curious and would like to buy one (by the way they're so cheap).
    I prefer oriental florals with strong lasting power, feminine, elegant and sexy (my favorite are Coco Noir, Coco M.lle, Roberto Cavalli EDP, Fracas, Chanel No5 Eau Première) but I like big florals too.
    It would be a blind buy becouse there are not shops here with celebrity scents.
    Which one would you suggest? I am curious about these(based on the olfactory pyramid):

-Fancy Night
    -Glow
    -Kim Kardashian
    -Lovely

Default Re: Suggest me a celebrity scent

The best celebuscent there is (oh, WAS!) is Deneuve, please look hard and you might find it one day.

Out of the four in your list -- please test Fancy Night (if that modern sweet fruit-vanilla/praline-patchouli combo does not scare you off).

Blog Entries

lf you love Fracas, l strongly recommend you try Madonna's Truth or Dare.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

From your list I like Glow, it reminds me a lot of China Rain only a tad warmer. I do prefer China Rain though. My personal favorite as far as celebrity scents go is Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds & Sapphires, overall I think the ET scents are more complex and well done than the newer celebrity scents.

Welcome!

As teardrop was saying, Madonna's truth or dare was copied from Fracas, just a little smoother. Very good, though of course not as good as the model. I'd go for that.

I'd say the lack of celebscents in Italy is not a big loss. They are cheap because usually they are marketed to a more downmarket clientele (though this per se doesn't mean much), typically teenager who do not have the purchasing power of their parents.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    From your list I like Glow, it reminds me a lot of China Rain only a tad warmer. I do prefer China Rain though. My personal favorite as far as celebrity scents go is Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds & Sapphires, overall I think the ET scents are more complex and well done than the newer celebrity scents.
    In comparison with the heavier orientals and florals which Claire811 favors, especially in relation to Chanel 5 eau Premiere and Coco Noir, I think Jacona is correct about Elizabeth Taylor scents being of better quality and more complexity than modern celebrity fragrances. However, the only celebrity scent I have tried that I have personally bought and wear is Mariah Carey's Luscious Pink. It's a fresh fruity floral that is very similar to Bond 9 Scent of Peace.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I really do think Britney Spear's perfumes have a really sweet smell to them! But I would say from your list that Lovely is a great choice with a really feminine scent, it also comes in a very vintage inspired bottle!

Fancy Night in the green bottle is nice, patchouli (sexy). I agree that you should try Truth or Dare if you like Fracas. SJP Lovely is a little like Narcisso Rodriguez, woody/musky. I really like SJP Covet (green with the brown flower cap), as it is very different, rather quirky but probably not to everyone's taste. JLGlow would be nice for summer, fresh, clean/musky. I actually like all of those. Britney scents are super sweet like candy. Personally, I want to try Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes. I need to go to Kohl's and test it. I think I would like it if it doesn't go too ozonic.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th May 2013 at 04:42 PM.

guys!
    I think I'm going to buy Fancy Nights, at the moment, but I want to try Violet Eyes, Lovely and Glow. I have smelt Truth or Dare(the only one I've found in a store here) and I find it quite similar to Fracas but I love(and use) the original one.
    Deneuve must be very complex. I guess Kim Kardashian (the one with gardenia and tuberose) is not that good, nobody has mentioned it.
    Thank you all.

I've had a sample of Reveal by Halle Berry and I remember to be very enjoyable . You might give it a try.

I smelled Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck on someone a few weeks ago and thought it was really nice and not too in-your-face sweet. Sort of softly sweet and musky. I was a bit shocked when she told me that's what she was wearing - I thought it smelled more mature than I'd expect a perfume associated with TS to smell.